Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury on Youtube PPV

WSMFC64

DI8J-FSVwAAT9PJ.jpg

Hennessy Sports are delighted to announce a groundbreaking partnership with YouTube that will offer a new way of watching Boxing. The blockbuster WBO World Heavyweight Championship title fight between Joseph Parker and Hughie Fury on Saturday 23rd September at the Manchester Arena will be shown exclusively live in the UK and Ireland on YouTube (www.youtube.com/parkerfury) on a pay-per-view basis with further countries to be announced shortly.

A portion of the undercard will also be streamed for free before the big fight, this is also available live on www.youtube.com/parkerfury. Watch this event anywhere online or on your smart TV, game console, PC, Mac, mobile, tablet and more for a special advance purchase offer price of only £9.99 in the UK and €11.99 in the Republic of Ireland until midnight on Sunday 17th September.*

youtube.com/parkerfury is the home of Hennessy Sports YouTube Channel which is called The Boxing Channel presented by Hennessy Sports.

Edited by WSMFC64

Re: Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury on Youtube PPV

Very surprising move here - perhaps this indicates that Hennessy has seen the ITV low-wattage PPVs are actually proving profitable. Real shame that the public aren't going to get greater exposure to the Parker-Fury winner to hopefully build interest in a future bigger matchup (with Joshua/Wilder/Bellew/others) down the line. I sincerely hope these low profile PPVs don't proliferate - if they start becoming the norm it will have a real negative impact on the growth of the sport

--- Seen some good live fights on youtube, so if anything, this opens up more affordable boxing to the few boxing fans left.

Shoulda made it an international ppv given that Parker is something of a star down under, but I can't really say what the true financials are other than Hughy and Hennessy are really low profile in the UK after Warren and Hearns. Most anything beats the MacMay farce just foisted on the gullible nonboxing fans.

The problem with Parker is that he looks the part but doesn't fight the part. His last few performances have been very tame. Say what you like about the Furys but they know their way around a boxing gym. I'm not saying Fury will win but it might be close.

--- It becomes obvious that Parker is cursed with the Samoan stereotype of being a big puncher and nothing else, when in fact he's a boxer first given no credit of his boxing abilities. Yeah, he lays back in fights he should probably be more aggressive, but when boxers do that, they don't get criticized, but when sluggers do so, they get slammed because they don't fit the unfortunate stereotype held by that sort of fan.

The only thing iffy about this fight is the BBBC officiating. Otherwise, after a slow start because of Hughy defensive nature, I tend to think Parker lights him up for the knockout. Easier to say than to produce as Hughy is a pretty fair boxer and could well go the distance.

--- It becomes obvious that Parker is cursed with the Samoan stereotype of being a big puncher and nothing else, when in fact he's a boxer first given no credit of his boxing abilities. Yeah, he lays back in fights he should probably be more aggressive, but when boxers do that, they don't get criticized, but when sluggers do so, they get slammed because they don't fit the unfortunate stereotype held by that sort of fan. .

I dunno about that. On other forums, lots of guys understand that Parker has a certain level of skill. However, that skill set is severely limited. i.e. one-dimenrsional.

IMO, Parker is cursed with having Kevin Barry as his trainer.

As for power, Parker certainly can bang, but he's no 1-punch KO machine. He's very much more of a swarmer, which is why he's looked rather tepid against guys that figured him out (Takam) and guys with good defensive skills (Ruiz, who clearly beat him and that's not even open for discussion.)

Baby Hughie's problem is that he has NO power. He's a HW Paulie M.

Hughey moves pretty good though, so it will be interesting to see how well the aggressive but somewhat basic Parker is able to get to him. Again, he needs to swarm, to land those massive high-output combinations, and Fury might be too slippery. I expect a fairly boring, wide UD decision for Parker.

I'm not even remotely excited to see this fight.

--- It becomes obvious that Parker is cursed with the Samoan stereotype of being a big puncher and nothing else, when in fact he's a boxer first given no credit of his boxing abilities. Yeah, he lays back in fights he should probably be more aggressive, but when boxers do that, they don't get criticized, but when sluggers do so, they get slammed because they don't fit the unfortunate stereotype held by that sort of fan.

The only thing iffy about this fight is the BBBC officiating. Otherwise, after a slow start because of Hughy defensive nature, I tend to think Parker lights him up for the knockout. Easier to say than to produce as Hughy is a pretty fair boxer and could well go the distance.

Mostly agree with this. Not sure about how much stereotyping is going on/how much credit Parker is being given for his style either way but it seems to me that his last few fights have shown him to be primarily a relatively high activity (for heavyweight) fighter who can throw nice, fluid combinations but without devastating power or sufficient defensive acumen to compete with the very best. That's my view based on only having watched 6 or 7 of his fights - so it might be off the mark - but I think it's reasonably clear that he's a decent boxer without outstanding power. He comes off like a very decent guy too so I hope he gets to compete in some big fights and acquits himself well.

Mostly agree with this. Not sure about how much stereotyping is going on/how much credit Parker is being given for his style either way but it seems to me that his last few fights have shown him to be primarily a relatively high activity (for heavyweight) fighter who can throw nice, fluid combinations but without devastating power or sufficient defensive acumen to compete with the very best. That's my view based on only having watched 6 or 7 of his fights - so it might be off the mark - but I think it's reasonably clear that he's a decent boxer without outstanding power. He comes off like a very decent guy too so I hope he gets to compete in some big fights and acquits himself well.

I agree with all of this, but especially the last part.

DI8J-FSVwAAT9PJ.jpg

Hennessy Sports are delighted to announce a groundbreaking partnership with YouTube that will offer a new way of watching Boxing. The blockbuster WBO World Heavyweight Championship title fight between Joseph Parker and Hughie Fury on Saturday 23rd September at the Manchester Arena will be shown exclusively live in the UK and Ireland on YouTube (www.youtube.com/parkerfury) on a pay-per-view basis with further countries to be announced shortly.

A portion of the undercard will also be streamed for free before the big fight, this is also available live on www.youtube.com/parkerfury. Watch this event anywhere online or on your smart TV, game console, PC, Mac, mobile, tablet and more for a special advance purchase offer price of only £9.99 in the UK and €11.99 in the Republic of Ireland until midnight on Sunday 17th September.*

youtube.com/parkerfury is the home of Hennessy Sports YouTube Channel which is called The Boxing Channel presented by Hennessy Sports.

Hennessy Sports? They should be called Heresy Sports! :haha: :ranger:

Hennessy Sports? They should be called Heresy Sports! :haha: :ranger:

Maybe it's a marketing thing:

Fights so crappy, you have you drink lots of Hennessy to get through it without throwing something through your screen.

Coming soon form Al Haymon: "Frontal Lobotomy Sports."

Say, these two channels could team up! You know: "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Maybe it's a marketing thing:

Fights so crappy, you have you drink lots of Hennessy to get through it without throwing something through your screen.

Coming soon form Al Haymon: "Frontal Lobotomy Sports."

Say, these two channels could team up! You know: "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Yeah, haha. :mlol: