New technology could end boxing streams/ sports stream

The_budweiser

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/28/07/43A26FD800000578-0-image-a-31_1503900865712.jpg

I was watching a stream and a code popped up. I was like "the above must be to track the streamer". Turns out the newspapers today said it was a secret code to start prosecution against those who streamed Mayweather-McGregor. Streams were found on streaming sites, blogs, Facebook and Youtube.

I'm surprised they haven't done this sooner to be honest.

Re: New technology could end boxing streams/ sports stream

There is a 9-digit number that appears intermittently in the top right hand of the screen on some live Sport broadcasts on Sky Sports and BT Sports channels - mainly premiership and champions league football but it has been used on boxing too, and this has been happening for years (at least 7 years to my knowledge) and is a security number which identifies the domestic account that is associated with the broadcast. Sky claim this was brought in so "agents" (spies) could go into pubs/clubs and make prosecutions for premises not paying on the business tariff. (For example my local is charged £850/month to broadcast Sky Sports). Cheaper to run a co-ax cable from your upstairs domestic account if you can get away with it!

BUT, this excuse is bollocks as a commercially paid-for Sky account has a little pint pot symbol in the bottom right hand corner. Distinguishing it from a domestic one. The real reason this unique number has been brought in is to catch and positively identify illegal internet streamers.

Addendum: the sequence of numbers in Bud's screenshot looks more to me like someone with advanced knowledge checking their LNB alignment with their dish.

There is a 9-digit number that appears intermittently in the top right hand of the screen on some live Sport broadcasts on Sky Sports and BT Sports channels - mainly premiership and champions league football but it has been used on boxing too, and this has been happening for years (at least 7 years to my knowledge) and is a security number which identifies the domestic account that is associated with the broadcast. Sky claim this was brought in so "agents" (spies) could go into pubs/clubs and make prosecutions for premises not paying on the business tariff. (For example my local is charged £850/month to broadcast Sky Sports). Cheaper to run a co-ax cable from your upstairs domestic account if you can get away with it!

BUT, this excuse is bollocks as a commercially paid-for Sky account has a little pint pot symbol in the bottom right hand corner. Distinguishing it from a domestic one. The real reason this unique number has been brought in is to catch and positively identify illegal internet streamers.

Addendum: the sequence of numbers in Bud's screenshot looks more to me like someone with advanced knowledge checking their LNB alignment with their dish.

Now and again numbers pop up on Rangers TV games then minutes later the stream ends. So the technology has been around for a while even though some stories claim its new.

Yeh...here also the bastards are doing what they can to stop people from watching boxing free. Most laughable of all, to watch Braekhus fight, they are using her as an example. I mean, cmon! Who would go to such lengths just to watch a WOMAN fight? Lol..not me.

--- I'd love to watch Miss Braekhus get dressed, and even better to undress her before that. Now, that's some kinda gal I could take home to meet momma. What, momma not here? Well, let me show you my old bedroom.....:bumped:

:lol: Well said, but to pay 50 pounds to watch her fight? Think not...

If I wanted to see two females hit each other, I'd just re-watch Mayweather - McGregor.

Think they both mostly missed didn't they? :whistle:

RE: the clamping down of streaming......you would think that with the sheer number of people now familiar with and using streaming boxes with kodi etc to access live sport, the broadcasters would realise there is a serious issue with affordability that makes people find other ways to watch.

But nah, instead of reducing costs (which should theoretically bring in more business) they will more likely INVEST in methods of blocking streamers, meaning probably more expenses which they will then pass onto the paying customers.

Pure greed....if Sky brought down their costs I would pay for it, and I think many many more people would also. YES you will always get people who will stream and not pay and find ways to avoid paying....but a lot of people would pay for the genuine thing if it was fairly priced.

--- Agree, boxing is more into extortion than legitimately growing the sport with fair pricing because the suits make their money on wagers that they usually have control of.

Case in point, rules are so poorly written under American jurisdictions that boxers through their corners and friends can bet on themselves, in which case TUE has his own mint to print money anytime he wishes. Not even really a sport any more as it's passing more and more into a crude Ballet at the top level.

--- Agree, boxing is more into extortion than legitimately growing the sport with fair pricing because the suits make their money on wagers that they usually have control of.

Case in point, rules are so poorly written under American jurisdictions that boxers through their corners and friends can bet on themselves, in which case TUE has his own mint to print money anytime he wishes. Not even really a sport any more as it's passing more and more into a crude Ballet at the top level.

Is absolutely true when it comes to boxing PPV.....

Case in point: You already have to pay a standard package for Sky (from £22 a month)....if you want the sports channels its an additional £20 at least I think (and they have just changed their sports channels so the costs may be different).....but then boxing then goes a step further and makes things PPV. So thats usually £20, one time payment....for a 4/5/6 hour event.....

Granted you don't need to have the sky sports packages to be able to order sports box office events.....but a person watching the boxing PPVs is most likely someone who wants to watch sports and have the sports channels.....

I am not sure how it works over in America and the costs of your subscriptions (and I know PPVs are way more expensive that here) but boxing fans get royally fucked its fair to say!

I'm personally against PPV model because when the fight is broadcasted on the channel that is not PPV and I don't like it, I can just take a remote and change it with no additional costs. PPV is buying a pig in a poke. You don't know what are you paying for.

I recently tried to work out what I pay to watch the sport and came up with:

£250 (per year) for Isakura

£84 per year (for boxingraise)

£30 per year for A-sign (this is an estimate based on their average out put)

Recently paid for a FiteTV stream (£4)

So over £300 to watch stuff that isn't (usually) on UK TV

Add in what it would cost to watch Sky, Boxnation, buy UK PPV's, any legal streaming methods for Thailand (Malimar), Phillipines (TFC TV), US (someone?) etc...and you'd be looking at several grand -_-

I recently tried to work out what I pay to watch the sport and came up with:

£250 (per year) for Isakura

£84 per year (for boxingraise)

£30 per year for A-sign (this is an estimate based on their average out put)

Recently paid for a FiteTV stream (£4)

So over £300 to watch stuff that isn't (usually) on UK TV

Add in what it would cost to watch Sky, Boxnation, buy UK PPV's, any legal streaming methods for Thailand (Malimar), Phillipines (TFC TV), US (someone?) etc...and you'd be looking at several grand -_-

:faint:Bloody hell Scott! What is Isakura, and why so much?? Is it like Japan's version of Sky?

:faint:Bloody hell Scott! What is Isakura, and why so much?? Is it like Japan's version of Sky?

isakura is a Japanese streaming app which has Fuji TT, TV Tokoyo, TBS, TBS2, NTV, WOWOW, the ever elusive G+, KBS, MBS, FUJI BS, FUJI NXT, Samurai TV...

...so basically it has 80%+ of live televised Japanese boxing, a crap load of recorded stuff, documentry and aload of other stuff