Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather boxing news

The_budweiser

Advantages & Disadvantages Conor McGregor Has Facing Floyd Mayweather - Do you agree?

On August 26th, UFC and boxing will come together when two of the biggest names in both sports, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, will have a showdown at the T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas.

The hype is now in full force, some of which has already caused controversy. In other respects, a bundle of chuckles as the two men belittled one another (in mostly light-hearted fashion) in front of thousands. Most who know each or either sport in depth have reached the conclusion that this should be a formality win for Floyd Mayweather even though he has not fought for two years. Still, he has many advantages in his corner. But what about the disadvantages?

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Conor McGregor Has Facing Floyd Mayweather - Do you ag

--- Thing is certified sham.

What if the roles were reversed with Conor in his own backyard with his own ref under UFC rules who jumps in every time tue tries to punch and harasses him with threats and pt deductions? Not that Conor would need the extra help, but TUE will get the help just in case Conor catches him and breaks his arm in a clinch under boxing rules.

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Conor McGregor Has Facing Floyd Mayweather - Do you ag

Age would be the obvious disadvantage, however, I would discount ring rust for Floyd because he is such a great professional and he is not up against an 'active boxer'. So him being 2 years out is not necessarily a disadvantage in my opinion.

You could even argue that age is not a disadvantage for Floyd too, because if the likes of George Foreman and Bhop can fight well into their fortys, there should be no doubt that Floyd should be able too.

Can McGregor really beat Mayweather? Here’s what he has to do to beat Floyd

After what feels like years of speculation, it’s finally happening. On the 26th of August, history will be made no matter the outcome of the fight. Boxing fans and former professional boxers all around the world have slammed the event, calling it the biggest mismatch in sporting history. At this point, the majority of the UFC fans ruling McGregor out of the fight but some are not so quick to rule him out just yet.

One of the biggest factors in play that works in McGregor’s favour may be the fact that Floyd isn’t as young as he used to be and at the age of 40, you have got to wonder if has what it takes to jump back into the ring and do the job. There is no doubt Floyd is one of the best boxers of his generation, if not in history and I believe even the biggest McGregor fan can at the very least acknowledge all that Mayweather has achieved in the sport of boxing but it will be close to 2 years since his last fight against Andre Berto and that has got to come into play as a big disadvantage, especially with the Irishman at the top of his prime and having a few fights in UFC within the last past 12 months.

Re: Conor McGregorvs Floyd Mayweather boxing news

How the Mayweather v McGregor fight will go down – Nick Jackson’s fight prediction

The fight we have all wanted, all been waiting for, is not only going to happen but it is now just a month away. The whole world now waits; counting down the days till the dubbed ‘Money Fight’ takes its place in history as the face of the UFC takes on the face of boxing.…

How the Mayweather v McGregor fight will go down – Nick Jackson’s fight prediction

The fight we have all wanted, all been waiting for, is not only going to happen but it is now just a month away. The whole world now waits; counting down the days till the dubbed ‘Money Fight’ takes its place in history as the face of the UFC takes on the face of boxing.…

"The fight we have all wanted, all been waiting for..."

He lost me right there.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Huge money on offer for both men

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor may not be everyone’s cup of tea but Las Vegas will be booming over fight week as the tills and slot machines rattle 24 hours a day. The punters are itching to lap up the razzmatazz and so are the two fighters. To even think of the purses McGregor will earn, given that he has never before laced on the gloves in a professional boxing match, is mind boggling.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Race wars are nothing new for boxing

The Conor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather clash, set for August 26 in Las Vegas, has taken a turn for the ugly over recent weeks. McGregor calling Mayweather “boy” on two separate occasions may seem innocuous to the untrained ear but it has been picked up as a malicious insult across the pond due to its racial connotations within African American society. The Dubliner has vehemently dismissed accusations that he is a racist and Mayweather himself entered rocky territory when he described his adversary as a “faggot”. It needed UFC head honcho Dana White to intervene and state that the issue had been blown out of proportion. All in all, it’s been getting pretty unsavoury.

WordPress › Error

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Tactics and strategies for the August mega-fight

When Conor McGregor clashes with Floyd Mayweather on August 26 in Las Vegas it will be interesting to see what tactics and game plan the Irishman employs when attempting to defeat the greatest boxer of a generation.

Re: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather boxing news

The bizarre betting world of Mayweather & McGregor – Tips & Craziest Bets

Ever since the announcement of the fight becoming a reality, the whole world has gone crazy, discussing all of the possibilities the fight may bring. Whether it’s McGregor getting disqualified for using illegal kicks, or if they touch gloves at the start of the fight or if the fight breaks the pay-per-view record of 4.4 million set by the Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fight in 2015.

----

Some crazy bets that will not happen just to get fans EASY money.

A good friend of mine, who's a total boxing casual, asked me yesterday if I would be watching the "fight" on Saturday. He was stunned when I told him I literally don't give a fuck about it. I only acquiesced after he offered to bring Stanhope Smith's pale brown ale, & pizza.

So thank you, Floyd Mayweather. If nothing else, you have provided me with free beer & pizza.

I take back all the bad stuff I've said about you all these years!

- And yes, I had to look up how to spell "acquiesce." ;-)

[h=1]What does McGregor’s Instagram tell us about him?[/h]

What does McGregor’s Instagram tell us about him?

It’s fair to say Conor McGregor is quite the character with it being no different on social media which has been a big part of the Irishman’s massive support. If his activity on social media has taught us one thing, it’s that McGregor is going into his fight with the unbeaten, five division world champion, Floyd Mayweather Jr as a very confident man.

[h=1]Boxer vs MMA, mma turned boxer, boxer turned mma – A look at the past and present crossovers[/h]

Say what you like about the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor clash on August 26 but it has captured the public’s imagination in a massive way and everyone has an opinion – whether positive or negative. Promotionally-speaking it has already surpassed the build ups to Mayweather’s clashes with Manny Pacquiao and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and I reckon it could slide past the former when it comes to American Pay-Per-View sales too. Considering that one of the combatants has never before set foot in a boxing ring makes it all the more fascinating and intriguing.

I start to believe that Floyd will win this geniunely on points, but it will be far from beating. In my opinion Mayweather won't do a lot of work and it will be enough to create some fuss about "bad decision". I think such outcome satisfies everyone. Mayweather keeps his 'zero', McGregor talks about being 'robbed', fans jump down their throats even after the fight, possible rematch... McGregor is still relatively young and if he has such attention after having only two proper championship fights in UFC, I don't believe he will simply go back to fight some "no-names" in UFC. I doubt that project "McGregor in boxing" won't be finished after this bout and I even doubt that we will see only one Mayweather v McGregor fight.

Mayweather knocking McGregor out seems possible, but to be honest I thought that Berto is so weak compared to Floyd that he doesn't stand a chance to last 12 rounds against him. As it turned out, it was typical Floyd's fight, Berto wasn't in danger and Floyd had some little workrate even by his standards. I doubt that Floyd will knock McGregor out.

For me this will be a mismatch, Mayweather is a boxing master, one of the strongest fighter of all time, although he retired 2 years ago he is still in good shape and is a serious athlete in the preparation of the matches. McGregor is an MMA champion, not boxing, there will be no story on the ring, Mayweather wins easily

Looking foward to Sunday when this is all over!!

I've avoided it for the most part but there's no denying the interest this farce has generated, its crazy and I don't quite understand it but there we go.

What I am struggling to understand from the few headlines I have seen in this last week is how McGregor is seemingly lauded and idolised by the masses, and Mayweather is the "villain". I've no problem with Mayweather being the villain but McGregor is no saint is he?

McGregor comes across as a proper bellend, so why the love and adulation for him?

--- From what I gather, mma/UFC fans grossly outnumber boxing fans in the number of bets placed, well over 90% on McG, so he's their man. Kinda puts TUE in his popularity place as he was never well liked and leveraged Oscar, Canelo, and Manny for his big numbers, and now McG.

--- From what I gather, mma/UFC fans grossly outnumber boxing fans in the number of bets placed, well over 90% on McG, so he's their man. Kinda puts TUE in his popularity place as he was never well liked and leveraged Oscar, Canelo, and Manny for his big numbers, and now McG.

I've no doubt about the popularity stakes....I guess its the MMA fans out en-masse then, is the actual answer.