Don't Miss Today's card In Manchester!

Cableaddict

It's a fairly pedestrian card in some ways, rather "British Level" (no offense to our British members!) But two of the lesser bouts are definitely worth watching. Two of the most promising prospects in boxing today:

Anthony Yarde vs Richard Baranyi, 10 rounds, LHW

- Baranyi (18-1) is a very credible opponent. This may tell us a LOT about the very exciting Yarde.

Daniel Dubois vs. Mauricio Barragan (15-1) , 4 rounds, HW

- Barragan is just a CW, and really a blown-up LHW. Still, Dubois is DA' GOODS, so any chance to see him fight .....

3 years from now, you're going to want to be able to brag "I've been following Dubois since he first turned pro!"

- So be the envy of your friends! Watch this fight today !

With Hughie Fury having been moved to September (vs Parker) There's a decent chance that both of these fights will be televised. If they are, they may be right at the beginning, so get your stream going now.

==========================================================

The other, more high-profile bouts:

Bradley Skeete vs. Dale Evans, for Skeete's British WW title

Darryll Williams vs. Jahmaine Smyle, rematch, 10 rounds, SMW

Asinia Byfield vs. Sam McNess, 10 rounds, JMW

Gary Corcroan vs. Larry Ekundayo, 12 rounds, WW

Maybe one of our British members can tell us something about these guys? Skeete is supposed to be very good, yes?

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Don't Miss Today's card In Manchester!

This card is from London-Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hackney Wick, London, United Kingdom

Really? It says the Manchester Arena on Boxrec.

Maybe they changed venues after the Hughie Fury fight was removed.

The BoxNation TV listing show this event as Yarde vs Baranyi, rather than Skeete as the assumed main event?

I guess Yarde is the attraction in this line up though.

We wont learn much about Dubois, but its early doors still.

As for Skeete, I am actually not that sure of him. The name seems to have been around for a while and I thought he was just something of a British level journeyman as such with a good record (only loss being to Frankie Gavin), but the last year or two he seems to have been making noises. I'll have seen him a few times but he's never been really standout, just a a decent level boxer but lacks any real power.

The BoxNation TV listing show this event as Yarde vs Baranyi, rather than Skeete as the assumed main event?

I guess Yarde is the attraction in this line up though.

We wont learn much about Dubois, but its early doors still.

As for Skeete, I am actually not that sure of him. The name seems to have been around for a while and I thought he was just something of a British level journeyman as such with a good record (only loss being to Frankie Gavin), but the last year or two he seems to have been making noises. I'll have seen him a few times but he's never been really standout, just a a decent level boxer but lacks any real power.

I too felt the same way about Skeete, never thinking much of him. But he's strung together a series of quality wins, highlighted by the beating Eggington. Can he become a world champ? not sure. But we'll find out after he wins tonight, claiming the british title for keeps and moves on to Euro or World level. If i remember correctly he was in line to fight Danny Garcia, until team Swift tried to short change him on the purse offer.

Anthony Yarde vs Richard Baranyi, 10 rounds, LHW

- Baranyi (18-1) is a very credible opponent. This may tell us a LOT about the very exciting Yarde.

Yarde is 1/41 to win this one against the "very credible" opponent!

Tells you all you need to know!

Yarde is 1/41 to win this one against the "very credible" opponent!

Tells you all you need to know!

Wow. Me thinks somebody got paid to lay down.

Wait - boxing is 100% legit, I keep forgetting ! :whistle:

Well, I give up on these streams. Nothign seems to be working today. Ughh.

I'll have to watch later, relying on the always-dependable magnanimatude of Selij ! (I think I just invented a word.)

NOBODY POST ANY SPOILERS !!!!

Wow. Me thinks somebody got paid to lay down.

Unless[actually, even if] you were basing your view of Baranyi on personal knowledge of his fights, there's nothing to suggest he's not just a Hungarian knockover job - never fought outside Hungary, fought nobody of note and is the sort of fighter you expect to contest the WBO European title, ie. a journeyman pro. The same can probably be said for Yarde.

There's no need to pay someone to lay down if they're no good to begin with.

NOBODY POST ANY SPOILERS !!!!

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/black-kettle.jpg

Manchester....

Are you on drugs man?

Watched the card on my tablet, while the Channel 5 fights was on my TV.

Asinia Byfield vs. Sam McNess

McNess couldn't live upto the hype. Another case of a Warren ticket seller rather than genuine prospect. The better schooled Asinia Byfield played with him and then destroyed him.

Plenty of West Ham casual fans in the crowd to start a riot - dickheads.

Gary Corcroan vs. Larry Ekundayo

Fascinating match-up going in - hard to call. Tough, close fight with Corcoran rightly getting the win.

Daryl Williams vs Jermaine Smyle

Two evenly matched guys in a rematch. Close fight - with the knockdown the difference in Williams favour.

Bradley Skeete vs Dale Evans

Was rooting for my countryman but he couldn't get close. Skeete is 6'1 and rangy but unlike other past tall Welters (Hearns and Paul Williams), he has no real power. Also, seems to be overly cautious like Johnny Nelson.

Skills are there and he clearly won but he seems worried about engaging, which will happen at a higher level.

Yarde fight was predictable. Hungarian with an statistically good record sold to BT and the crowd. Lasted a round. I like Yarde but this was a formality.

Dubois had a sub and dealt with a former light heavyweight - predictable but it's early days.

Why was Hughie Fury's fight an exhibition - still not clear of the drugs stuff?

Maybe because, if somehow he lost, they wouldn't want an official "L" since that would screw up the Fury-Parker fight in September.

Send in the clowns.

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/black-kettle.jpg

Are you on drugs man?

You know, I'd really be offended by this amusing inference, if it wasn't so true.

:whistle:

Supposedly the WBO told him he couldn't have a real fight and still be the mandatory. Given he fucked Parker around last time, that seems fair enough. The whole thing seems to have been a shambles though - a weigh-in for a fight where weight should be meaningless, an agreement to avoid knocking the other guy out - what was the point? They should have got him sparring Tyson on that basis - would have been a bit more likely to entertain at least.

Byfield vs Mcness was quite enjoyable. Not sure how far someone like Byfield can go, but he won't be an easy out on the domestic level. Very slick.

The Williams vs Smyle didn't live up to the first fight, but it was still pretty good. I actually scored it a draw. Wouldn't disagree with either fighter getting the nod by a point or so.