Today: Umar Salamov vs. Damien Hooper

Cableaddict

On the Pac-Horn undercard.

This is a REALLY interesting fight.

I think Hooper has tons of potential. He beat Marcus Browne in the Olympics, for a silver medal. Looked very good as a pro, except for a bad tendency to lean forward & hang his head out. Sure enough, in 2014 Rob Powdrill accepted that "invitation," and KO'd Hooper in round 1.

I was hoping Hooper would learn from that mistake and become a complete fighter. Then sadly he began fighting total cans.

In 2016 he went to jail for s ahort spell.

Well, he's obviously out now, and facing some unbeaten Russian with a goodKO percentage.

I would love to see hooper shine in this one. LHW needs some fresh talent.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Today: Umar Salamov vs. Damien Hooper

On the Pac-Horn undercard.

This is a REALLY interesting fight.

I think Hooper has tons of potential. He beat Marcus Browne in the Olympics, for a silver medal. Looked very good as a pro, except for a bad tendency to lean forward & hang his head out. Sure enough, in 2014 Rob Powdrill accepted that "invitation," and KO'd Hooper in round 1. I was hoping Hooper would learn from that mistake and become a complete fighter. Then sadly in 2016 he went to jail.

Well, he's obviously out now, and facing some unbeaten Russian with a good KO percentage.

I would love to see hooper shine in this one. LHW needs some fresh talent.

Chechen. ;-) Never call a Chechen Russian within his hearing range. :laugh: This will be a good fight. Salamov is yet relatively untested but has shown he has the potential and the power.

Chechen. ;-) Never call a Chechen Russian within his hearing range. :laugh: This will be a good fight. Salamov is yet relatively untested but has shown he has the potential and the power.

Good to know !

"He KILLED seventeen Czechoslovakians ! "

Edited by Cableaddict

Good to know !

"He KILLED seventeen Czechoslovakians ! "

:lmao: Yes. Exactly. Even tho technically they are Russian since Chechenia is a part of Russian Federation, but not ethnically. Well...one can argue there IS no such thing as a Russian ethnicity, but the majority of Russians are Slavic. Btw...did you see the fight, was it a just decision?