Errol Spence Jr - Which top 20 fighters do you see him beating or losing?

Boxrec's top 20

1.Manny Pacquiao

Keith Thurman

Danny Garcia

Errol Spence Jr

5.Shawn Porter

Lamont Peterson

Jessie Vargas

Adrien Broner

Sam Eggington

10. Kell Brook

Jeff Horn

Carlos Molina

Adrian Granados

Jose Benavidez

15. David Avanesyan

Andre Berto

Lucas Martin Matthysse

Miguel Vazquez

Qudratillo Abduqaxorov

20. Cesar Miguel Barrionuevo

Which top 20 fighters do you see him beating or losing against?

Re: Errol Spence Jr - Which top 20 fighters do you see him beating or losing?

Manny Pacquiao...maybe he could win, but it would take a peak performance and at his age, not sure if he can pull that off.

Keith Thurman I give the best chance to do it, he has so far proven to be the best of the newer stock of welterweights and even tho he hasn't fought Pac, I think he is the best current welterweight right now. But of course, Spence might prove me wrong.

Danny Garcia-forget it, no. The faggot loses for sure. And I'd love to see him get a vicious beating!

Shawn Porter is pretty much chanceless. He lacks the speed and also the power necessary to put Spence away.

Lamont Peterson-even more chanceless. The most overrated welterweight today.

Jessie Vargas...he surprised us when he stopped Ali. But I think Ali blows hot and cold and that performance alone cannot make me see him as a possible candidate to beat Spence. Would be a good fight but Spence wins.

Adrien Broner has wasted too much of his career and prime away on being a total jackass, so I think he'd lose convincingly.

Sam Eggington-lol, no way!

Of the rest: Jeff Horn I don't know, Molina loses, Granados loses, and yes, pretty much everyone else loses. Matthysse, a 2012 Matthysse would perhaps have a puncher's chance but now he's lost his prime so he is chanceless also.

I think Boo Boo will give him a very tough night, once he moves up. IMO that's THE fight at 154.

The extremely skilled Jessie Vargas is also a good fight, but his lack of power may cost him, against Spence's relentless pressure.

At 147? Thurman? 25 / 75. Now that we know Spence can take a big punch, Thurman's chances look a lot worse. Still, what a fight.....

Pac is done at the elite level. End of discussion.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Manny, Thurman, and Porter in that order.

Manny rejuvenated after shoulder surgery and maybe Thurman too. Porter as tough and physical as they come and a tough stylistic matchup for anyone. The rest, prob not, but Kahn a big money fight that could happen first.

He'll retire before he has another 20 fights.

Manny = washed up, waste of space/time

Porter = garbage

Thurman = decent/obvious match up maybe a rematch too.

At this moment don't see him beating Keith Thurman or Terrence Crawford. The rest he is more than capable of beating. Manny Pacquiao is done and on a World tour (Good on him) he's not what he was. Age defeats us all.

--- Manny, Thurman, and Porter in that order.

Manny rejuvenated after shoulder surgery and maybe Thurman too. Porter as tough and physical as they come and a tough stylistic matchup for anyone. The rest, prob not, but Kahn a big money fight that could happen first.

Manny is done that's why his next fight is in Australia. Porter is limited but rugged. Thurman is the main man in this division.

I think i would only favor Thurman at this point over Spence, and even then it would be by the slimmest of margins. Crawford at 147 would be a good matchup. Would have to see Terrance dip his toe into the welterweight pool first before making a prediction.

Thurman would be my pick, and the longer the fight marinates and Spence gets better the more I'd fancy Spence to win. Have it 50/50 at the moment. Not interested in seeing Spence fight Manny and hope he lets Crawford deal with him first. And then after Crawford moves up I hope they can get it on both still unbeaten. Again I'd have Crawford as a 50/50 fight at 147. Garcia(overrated imo),Porter(age and power), Broner(waste of time and talent), Khan(greedy chinless media entity) are all fights that could be made (not that I want them ahead of Thurman) but he beats them and gains experience. It seems like Spence has the ability, confidence and belief to take any fight offered to him so it'll be interesting which route they take to progress him

It's interesting that you all are talking like Spence will / can stay at 147.

You think this is so? I give him maybe 1 more year before he needs to go to 154. And then, again, he bumps into Andrade .....

There is a picture of Errol standing next to stablemate Charlo and if you just look at the size of Charlo's head to Errol's you can see the drastic size difference.

I think the only two fighters who can give Errol a test is Thurman (provided he uses a lot of footwork and speed) and Porter (due to his rugged/dirty style....even though he is probably one of the most nicest guys in boxing).

Pacquaio has no chance against Errol inmho, a hungry lion like Errol would eat him up.

--- The reported demise of manny is to be expected given his long history, distractions, and congressional duties, but make no mistake that after shoulder surgery he dominated p4p Bradley with 2x KDs, and hugely younger and stronger Vargas with one KD.

In short, reports of his demise have no basis in fact though Spence def the fav if they fight, not likely till spence makes a bigger name for hisself.