Joshua vs Fury - who do you think wins?

Re: Joshua vs Fury - who do you think wins?

Joshua wins, for sure. Wladimir would have too, had he fought without fear against Fury. Joshua's punching power and accuracy and height means that Fury won't be able to stay away from his punches and his only hope is to grab and clinch himself towards the final bell. I can see him winning a couple rounds maybe, but that's it. He simply is an overachiever, like Bellew.

Joshua wins, for sure.

I don't think you can say either fighter will win for sure. I think you could make a very good argument for both fighters to win this fight if it ever happens.

If you compare both fighters fights against Klitschko then Fury comes out on top. Depending on how you look at the fight, I can see both winning.

Joshua wins, for sure. Wladimir would have too, had he fought without fear against Fury. Joshua's punching power and accuracy and height means that Fury won't be able to stay away from his punches and his only hope is to grab and clinch himself towards the final bell. I can see him winning a couple rounds maybe, but that's it. He simply is an overachiever, like Bellew.

You're right. I find it crazy that Wlad actually fell for Fury's giant lie that he roles out before every fight, the one where he does every crazy thing he can think of in order to convince people that he has any power or aggression whatsoever. I guess it was a long camp, 2 camps in fact where a multitude of events and planned occurrences were carried out to enforce the lie over a long period of time. But please, please don't ever let another fighter fall into the trap of believing anything from Fury or any of his camp for that matter. He has no power and he has no intention at all of trying to knock anyone out so let shots go til your heart's content because there is no risk of being countered by anything worth worrying about. I just wish Wlad had known that when they fought.

--- Obvious plenty beat tyson in his current state.[/quote

Plenty beat Tyson in his prime.

Whatever his prime was.

AJ's calling out Tyson because it's the safest fight for him that can possibly be made.

I think depending on Tyson's proposed comeback it could be a pretty intriguing fight when eventually it gets made. The tactics employed by Fury against Klitschko won't be anywhere near as effective against Joshua, who will willingly let his punches off when openings appear or are created, in contrast to a wary and psychologically confused Klitschko against Fury. It depends on how Fury looks in returning to the ring and how much he actually applies and prepares himself both in and out of the ring tactically and physically in preparation for Joshua. Too early to pick my final winner, but I'd lean towards a Joshua win at present.

The november 2015 Fury has too much speed and skill imo. He takes Joshua to school. But who knows how much he got left after the long break with more beer and burgers, than an athlete should have.

Lean towards Joshua if he stays busy and keeps winning....also if he faces Fury who decides to have no tune ups whatsoever or only has an 6 or 8 rounder under his belt or just kod a bum in 1 or 2 rounds. Also fury needs to come in the same shape he did against klit otherwise he will be too slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyson Fury and his absence from boxing due to UKAD finding PEDs and Cocaine, seems to have grown in folklore. People who haven't followed his career think he's better than he actually was.

He is tall and sometimes out of shape. No power and his chin is not the best hence getting dropped by Cruiserweight Steve Cunningham and non-puncher Neven Pajkic.

To his credit he can go the distance now, at a slowish pace. He's learned to protect his weak chin by keeping distance and using his height attribute. He can move for a big man but it's in reverse. His jab was never potent. He has a great away win over Wladimir Klitschko - old guy, who wasn't used to fighting taller opponents, a man who looked poor against Bryant Jennings and with his age was slipping. Fury is great at uneasing opponents and unsettling them - it worked on the mentally fragile Wladimir.

Tyson Fury adds a dynamic to the Heavyweight division but more for his mouth than his ability to beat the best. I wouldn't pick him to beat Joshua, Wilder, Parker or Ortiz. But his fanatical, delusional, fans will proclaim him like he could beat Foreman, Liston, the real Tyson and more. He also struggles to sell tickets. Never seen the appeal but he isn't the real deal.

I cannot fathom how anyone rates Fury any higher than journeyman.

Don't be ridiculous, he's won English, British,Irish, Commonwealth, European and world titles - not liking him is fine, not rating him highly is fine,but he's clearly better than a journeyman.

Don't be ridiculous, he's won English, British,Irish, Commonwealth, European and world titles - not liking him is fine, not rating him highly is fine,but he's clearly better than a journeyman.

I was waxing poetic. :whistle:

Calling him a journeyman when he only lost his titles due to personal problems and social drug use makes no sense what so ever.

Making little to no sense is a hallmark of the Cableaddict platinum experience :haha:

Maybe because he was undisputed World Champion after making Wladimir look like a chump. Calling him a journeyman when he only lost his titles due to personal problems and social drug use makes no sense what so ever.

Negro, please.

Wlad stood in the middle of the ring and did nothing. I've never seen a more obviously fixed fight.

Calling the big dufus a journetman was indeed a bit harsh & unfair, but c'mon, other than not losing to Wlad, in the most boring HW fight of the decade, who exactly has Fury beaten? His list actually makes Wilder's look impressive. I'm not sure he can even beat his own meat.

other than not losing to Wlad who exactly has Fury beaten?

Apart from not losing to a guy who'd beaten basically everyone in the division until then? Nobody much. When is Wilder-Stiverne 2 again?

--- Gotta understand Wlad only lost all his titles to set up a lucrative trilogy with Fury for a single title down the rd years from now.

Errrr, perhaps believe would be more descriptive for ye of little faith!

See, SOMEBODY around here gets it!

Wlad's problem is, the rematch was supposed to happen right away. Nobody expected Fury to take a runner, and fuck them all over. It's really pretty funny when you see the big picture.

Negro, please.

Wlad stood in the middle of the ring and did nothing. I've never seen a more obviously fixed fight.

Calling the big dufus a journetman was indeed a bit harsh & unfair, but c'mon, other than not losing to Wlad, in the most boring HW fight of the decade, who exactly has Fury beaten? His list actually makes Wilder's look impressive. I'm not sure he can even beat his own meat.

Hahahahahaha Great Post Fury is the most disgusting clown of boxing, and his fight against Klitshko one of the recent worst to watch.