How good is Avni Yildirim?

The 25-year-old Turkish boxer has an impressive record of 15-0, 10 KOs. The super middleweight has KO'd the likes of Janne Forsman, Jackson Junior and Schiller Hyppolite. Plus points wins over Aaron Pryor Jr and the ancient Glenn Johnson.

He's fighting Marco Antonio Periban in Mexico this Saturday.

I haven't seen him fight yet but he seems like one-to-watch. How do you rate him and can he go onto fight for World titles?

Re: How good is Avni Yildirim?

The 25-year-old Turkish boxer has an impressive record of 15-0, 10 KOs. The super middleweight has KO'd the likes of Janne Forsman, Jackson Junior and Schiller Hyppolite. Plus points wins over Aaron Pryor Jr and the ancient Glenn Johnson.

I haven't seen him fight yet but he seems like one-to-watch. How do you rate him and can he go onto fight for World titles?

I've never seen him, but I'm thinking he should face Chavez Jr soon.

He could win some kind of "Junior" belt. ;-)

Time for a Yoo-Tooob search, I guess......

Quite good for me. I keep my eye one him since his fight against Johnson. He won it fairly, which is not easy. Even against old Glen. He has a very effective win against higly ranked Schiller Hyppolite and easy win against tough Suhschyts. He's a very good puncher and I have him as a favorite against Periban.

[h=1][/h]

Any opinions? I think Yildirim proved himself this Saturday. He showed decent stamina and was close to knocking Periban out in the last round. Fight was close up to 8, but Avni took last four. Not a honest championship level, but solid top 10 level. He beats Tyron Zeuge (WBA World) easily in my opinion.