Top British Heavyweights list - right or wrong?

Re: Top British Heavyweights list - right or wrong?

Remind me again what David Haye has actually done at HW.

Cooper arguably KO'd Ali.

Haye dominated a shot-to-shit (and never really anything special) Chisora, then lost to a blown-up LHW.

Edited by Cableaddict

What a mug Powell is. I've never seen such a load of old tripe in all my life. And is he talking top British HW of all time on the world stage ? Or just top British-level heavyweights :noidea:

You can obv say Lennox is correctly up there but hes's Canadian.

AJ - love him to bits but made heavy weather of a 41 year old and got put on his arse, nowhere near a world level great, yet. Time will tell. He's making so much $ he will get out early and dont blame him.

Bruno, again love him to bits, but got lucky one night, a bit like Leicester winning the Prem.

Pinkie, brilliant CW useless heavyweight - if he's THAT good where is he now?

Missing from list if we're talking British level:

Joe Bugner (took Ali the distance twice, 15 rounder and a 12 rounder)

Tommy Farr

--- I'd put Bobby Fitz as the best ever fighter out of England, and he was in the first ever full length film that was also the first international blockbuster.

Good shout for Bugs and Farr, but Bugs a lot more Austrian than Lennox is Canadian. Also Len Harvey who well could have contested a title shot at heavy had he opportunity.

--- I'd put Bobby Fitz as the best ever fighter out of England, and he was in the first ever full length film that was also the first international blockbuster.

Good shout for Bugs and Farr, but Bugs a lot more Austrian than Lennox is Canadian. Also Len Harvey who well could have contested a title shot at heavy had he opportunity.

I though Bugner was Hungarian.

--- When I was a schoolboy, our world maps showed that area as Austria-Hungary probably in deference to being unable to keep up with the constant changes in those parts.

Original point stands that Joe was born outside the commonwealth as a foreigner whereas Lewis born in England via Jamaican parents of the commonwealth. Did I get that right or is their more to it other than Bugs was eventually naturalized?

BTW,Bugs for the HOF!

Edited by LondonRingRules

Kind of highlights the shit standard of heavyweight boxers we've had/produced over these shores!

The Americans labelled us Horizontal Heavyweights. Lennox Lewis finally claimed the titles for Britain, after an almost 100 year wait.

• 3 weeks later...