Saunders next fight, who wins? [SPOILER]

The_budweiser

Re: Saunders next fight, who wins?

--- Tend to think BJ has arrived at his final developmental stage as a fighter. This guy or others will soon beat him so he can join the hundred plus ex champs still active.

I think your underestimating BJS. He is talented and he knows how to frustrate fighters and make them miss. He is missing power and I think they might hold him back if he ever fights GGG. I think he's a solid fighter but not sure if he can step up again from his current level.

Who do you think wins BJS or Khurtsidze?

BJS is Britain's version of Paulie M.

For good & bad.

Khurtsidze seems like a guy who is getting better as time goes on, including his punch technique. I think momentum is on his side, of nothing else.

BJS is great at moving well on the outside, but Khurtsidze is an inside fighter. he will likely be able to pressure BJS and negate Saunders' defensive movement.

Edited by Cableaddict

He should just get in the ring and fight him without all this. He won't sell anymore tickets by acting like a clown, unless it's for people that want to see him get sparked out. I like Khurtsidze and he is clearly up for anyone. This will be a dangerous fight for Saunders, but if he can negate that overhand left and frustrate with distance and movement I think he'll get the decision. It depends which Saunders turns up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- What was Saunders best fight?

I picked him against Jr, but he gassed after 8 rds and let Jr who was untested back in the fight. Since then he seems to have disappeared into little club shows when he shows up at all, almost like Tyson's enormous shadow has eclipsed him.

--- What was Saunders best fight?

I picked him against Jr, but he gassed after 8 rds and let Jr who was untested back in the fight. Since then he seems to have disappeared into little club shows when he shows up at all, almost like Tyson's enormous shadow has eclipsed him.

Best win would have to be against Lee. But Lee didn't necessarily look good going into that fight, having fought a draw against Quillin earlier that year. Even then, it was still just a majority decision win by Billy Joe. I'm going with Khurtsidze, if the fight takes place before the end of the year.

Eubank Jr. is his best win. Fight against Lee is problematic to me to call it the best one. In my opinion someone just finally had to defeat Lee looking at the ways he used to defend his belts.

Honestly Saunders just makes me cringe every time I see him on screen by now.

He's a proper bad bellend....the thing about the way he acts in that video is it's all false bravado. As if he is up for a proper brawl right there and then whereas in the ring he will be running all night on the back foot avoiding close up combat.

Khurtsidze is a unit and won't stop coming forward, in or out of the ring....he'd flatten Saunders if "BJ" doesn't fight smart.

He's a proper bad bellend....the thing about the way he acts in that video is it's all false bravado. As if he is up for a proper brawl right there and then whereas in the ring he will be running all night on the back foot avoiding close up combat.

Khurtsidze is a unit and won't stop coming forward, in or out of the ring....he'd flatten Saunders if "BJ" doesn't fight smart.

Exactly. It annoys me when people seem to believe it as well. When Fury fought Wlad he acted so insane that the whole Wlad camp started to believe Fury was gonna come out and fight where as his intention [like every time he fights] was to come and run around because he doesn't have power [compared to most top heavyweights at least].

So Saunders is doing the same thing and anyone who knows anything about boxing, like you, will know he intends on running away all night and grabbing a UD. I really hope Khurtz doesn't fall for it and spend the first few rounds being cagey and falling behind on points because that's exactly what Saunders is planning on.

Exactly. It annoys me when people seem to believe it as well. When Fury fought Wlad he acted so insane that the whole Wlad camp started to believe Fury was gonna come out and fight where as his intention [like every time he fights] was to come and run around because he doesn't have power [compared to most top heavyweights at least].

So Saunders is doing the same thing and anyone who knows anything about boxing, like you, will know he intends on running away all night and grabbing a UD. I really hope Khurtz doesn't fall for it and spend the first few rounds being cagey and falling behind on points because that's exactly what Saunders is planning on.

The thing about Khurtz, though, is he seems to gas pretty badly in latter rounds. - That's common with wide, muscular fighters. At his best, the guy literally resembles a prime Mike Tyson, but BJS is too gifted defensively to get caught by just a few rounds of that.

Also, AK (his new nickname, hereby decreed! ) has no jab. I mean, NO jab at all. If he did, he might be able to build up some mild points, despite his short reach, but don't count on a miraculous transformation at this stage of his career.

If AK ( who will by then be 38 years old ) can somehow find the stamina to do that bob&weave thing all night, then I think he'll have a great chance, but there's almost no way he can win on points. Not to mention, the judges won't be on his side.

Edited by Cableaddict

The thing about Khurtz, though, is he seems to gas pretty badly in latter rounds. - That's common with wide, muscular fighters. At his best, the guy literally resembles a prime Mike Tyson, but BJS is too gifted defensively to get caught by just a few rounds of that.

Also, AK (his new nickname, hereby decreed! ) has no jab. I mean, NO jab at all. If he did, he might be able to build up some mild points, despite his short reach, but don't count on a miraculous transformation at this stage of his career.

If AK ( who will by then be 38 years old ) can somehow find the stamina to do that bob&weave thing all night, then I think he'll have a great chance, but there's almost no way he can win on points. Not to mention, the judges won't be on his side.

AK. brilliant. I sort of wish he was 47 but let's face it 38 is old anyway. You're absolutely right about his jab but I don't think he could develop one even if he was younger, he seems to have crazy small arms like a t-rex.

Also he will be 38 if the fight happens on the planned date but let's be honest Saunders will delay this as long as possible if it happens at all.

I think you're right though about the potential result. He'll likely put on a storm for 4 rounds and then gas in the 6th and get stopped by his own corner after getting repeatedly hit by Saunders frustrating jab for 2 rounds. funnily enough that's exactly how the Joshua/Klitschko fight could go as well lol

Khurtsidze didn't look bad at all when it comes to stamina when he fought Antoine Douglas. He finished very strong in the last round. Of course fight against BJS will likely be different, but I don't think he's particulary susceptible of getting "gas out".

Khurtsidze didn't look bad at all when it comes to stamina when he fought Antoine Douglas. He finished very strong in the last round. Of course fight against BJS will likely be different, but I don't think he's particulary susceptible of getting "gas out".

I disagree, Pittbox. Don't get fooled but that final flurry. (Which was certainly impressive.)

Sure, he came out strong in the 10th, but that only lasted maybe 30 seconds. He had a small amount of wind from the last break. - But watch the entire fight. In rounds 8 & 9, AK looked absolutely exhausted. His arms were slow, and he was fighting with his mouth open the entire time.

- And Douglass isn't even a big mover.

Avtandil khurtsidze vs Antoine Douglas Full Fight 2016.03.05 - MYVIDEO

Edited by Cableaddict

I disagree, Pittbox. Don't get fooled but that final flurry. (Which was certainly impressive.)

Sure, he came out strong in the 10th, but that only lasted maybe 30 seconds. He had a small amount of wind from the last break. - But watch the entire fight. In rounds 8 & 9, AK looked absolutely exhausted. His arms were slow, and he was fighting with his mouth open the entire time.

- And Douglass isn't even a big mover.

Avtandil khurtsidze vs Antoine Douglas Full Fight 2016.03.05 - MYVIDEO

I based my opinion mostly on the fact that he didn't look bad compared to Douglas, a younger and more technical fighter. Has anybody seen his fight against N'Dam? I heard opinions that decision was disputable.

I based my opinion mostly on the fact that he didn't look bad compared to Douglas, a younger and more technical fighter. Has anybody seen his fight against N'Dam? I heard opinions that decision was disputable.

Ture dat. But regardless, in all the fights I've seen, AK's arms slow down noticeably as the fight progresses. Kudos to hm for the way he was able to explode on Douglass in the 10th, though. The guy definitely has a warrior's heart.

I haven't seen AK vs N'Dam. Does Selij have it up?