Thomas Hauser Picks Top 20 Heavyweights

--- Or at least he picks the 30 electors and divides them by profession using my technique of a 1st place vote being assigned a score of 1 and so forth.

kinda butchers his own poll by listing loony uncle teddy first and I take strong issue with his presumptions, but it gets the rubes talking.

From THE RING: The greatest heavyweight of all time - The Ring

Re: Thomas Hauser Picks Top 20 Heavyweights

--- Lots of loony Americans in the selectors like uncle Teddy that it becomes a miracle that Lewis and the Ks were included at all.

BTW, our very own WelshDevil's busy compiling our very own p4p list and checking it twice to find out who's naughty and nice in KOs very own p4p top 10...coming to a fresh post in the current scene soon!

It's not a bad list, though I would object to Holyfield being on par with Lewis. We know who the better heavyweight was.

And who the non-drug cheat was. Well, supposedly every fighter in recent history has been a drug cheat, but Lewis doesn't have a huge smoking gun with his name, address and telephone number on.

Never cared for Hauser much - too self-promoting for my tastes.

Jeffries at 15 no danger top ten heavyweight was the man in the 1890s beat joe goddard peter jackson tom sharkey bob fitzsimmons james j corbett gus ruhlin and came back to fight Jack Johnson after 6 years out the ring and it took johnson 15 rounds to get rid of him and this is from a man ranked 3. Evander Holyfield should be top ten again man in 1990s fought everybody Douglas Foreman Holmes Bowe Mercer Tyson Moorer and Lewis yes a lot of battles to get through before Lewis got his hands on him but Lewis still couldnt put him away all the small heavyweights on the list and no Ezzard Charles who came up through a tough era when chancess where limited was a slick skillful fighter that fought them all and more than often came out on top

• 2 weeks later...

--- Well, speaking of Ezzy, indeed, he had to move to heavy for his first world title crack.

He makes the IBRO top 20 heavies, #1 LH, and top 20 p4p rankings. Certainly he'd be outsized at heavy today, but he could still go the Roy Jones route from middle to heavy.