Is the WSB falling apart?

nymb242

Has anyone heard anything about AIBA's World Series of Boxing recently? I know they are in their 7th(?) season now, but there seems very little attention on it and I've noticed something recently..

Over the past few weeks, an awful lot of former WSB participants are turning full pro. I counted at least 10 in the last couple of weeks, probably more. Seems like they are all going pro at once. Has something changed recently? It gives off a vibe of rats leaving a sinking ship. Maybe I'm making too much of it.

Re: Is the WSB falling apart?

That's what happens when you change all the rules and try and make it 'pro lite'. why do it for free when you can turn over and make good money (even if it's as a journeyman).

damn shame but I can see it being mainly a womans game in the next few years. The judging (especially local) is atrocious and is just turning kids away.

Re: Is the WSB falling apart?

That's what happens when you change all the rules and try and make it 'pro lite'. why do it for free when you can turn over and make good money (even if it's as a journeyman).

damn shame but I can see it being mainly a womans game in the next few years. The judging (especially local) is atrocious and is just turning kids away.

The boxers were on good money. I know a trainer, who encouraged his boxers to take part before turning professional. The way he saw it was that they saw a lot of the World and got well paid doing it, while learning. It also helped with their transformation to the professional ranks.

It has gone quiet and I honestly haven't heard about it this year.