Crawford vs Indongo Unification, Who You Got?

LondonRingRules

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crawford vs Indongo Unification, Who You Got?

I'd have to go with Crawford. He's the more proven of the two. Bud is sharp and technically gifted, Indongo is wild with his shots. I think the Omaha boxer can negotiate the gap and smother the Namibian's shots. Also, not sure how good Juilius' chin is. Will Bob Arum make the fight?

If Crawford beat Postol hands down, then he'd likely do the same with Indongo. This fight has a chance as Namibian craves a paycheck, because it's hard to make big fights in his home country.

Crawford is the real deal, and has a LOT more high-level experience, so he's the obvious pick.

- Unless Indongo is one of those really slippery guys who can score from the outside all night long, while dripping WD40 all over the canvas.

I have to admit, I'm not sure I've ever seen Indongo fight.

What's he got?

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Seen his one punch of the touted undefeated E Euro, and Selj generously provided the video of his masterclass over Burns, all in hostile territories.

Immediately both have mandatories to take care of and Crawfords will be a tricky felix Diaz where he may not look so hot. So by the end of the year when the fight could happen, the odds likely to have shortened up.

***Edit---It was W##### whose initials I'll never get right who provided the video.

Edited by LondonRingRules

I can see Indongo's reach, height and constant attack give Crawford full hands. Plus, Indongo's accuracy isn't bad, even tho Crawford's is probably better. But Indongo has so far looked invulnerable. I lean towards "Bud" but this will not be an easy fight.

I see Crawford having only gotten better since beating Burns in 14. Indongo is a good southpaw who could pose problems for Crawford that no one else has, but I still don't see the fight happening yet. I think Crawford will move up to try and conquer 147 with his unbeaten record firmly intact rather than potentially lose some of his 'value' if he was severely tested or beaten (though unlikely imo) by a relatively unknown (and 34 year old) Indongo at 140. Maybe Arum will look to make it in a few years (when Indongo clears up 140, is worth some, and has handily aged those extra years!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to an Eddie Hearn interview he said that there is a rematch clause and he has an option on Indongo's next fight. Could see Ohara Davies in with Indongo. Personally, wouldn't want to see a Burns rematch.

why would Davies right now do better give the rematch to Burns its his rematch. Scotland would love to see it again and give Burns a chance to get his belt back.

why would Davies right now do better give the rematch to Burns its his rematch. Scotland would love to see it again and give Burns a chance to get his belt back.

Who in their right mind is going to pay to see a Burns rematch? He's either shot or put in the non effort of the year. It doesn't warrant a rematch, as he barely won a round last time. Hearn will match Burns with Crolla.

Who in their right mind is going to pay to see a Burns rematch? He's either shot or put in the non effort of the year. It doesn't warrant a rematch, as he barely won a round last time. Hearn will match Burns with Crolla.

i would the arena would sell out here in scotland 40 seconds and a few clips is all the footage he had of indongo. is indongo a good fighter yes but Burns should get the credit he deserve and be giving the rematch as after all hes one off the most successeful fighters of the last 20 years in britain. come on lets get real here is anyone going to complain if we see Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 or Mayweather vs Alvares 2 lets face it Mayweather schooled them both

I prefer totally obliterated them personally :-)

Don't think Burns should get the rematch, he was completely outclassed and should really have to get himself back into contention. If I was Hearn i'd try and get Indongo signed up for the long term, even if he crashes back to earth soon, he's still an entertaining fighter and could be used as a gatekeeper if need be.

As for Burns, would like to see him take a couple of easy bouts now in Scotland, make himself a bit of money and go out slightly on top. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but tbf, since he came to Matchroom he's seemed really flat bar the odd fight.

• 3 months later...

[h=1]Terence Crawford vs Julius Indongo Fight Preview[/h]

Terence Crawford and Julius Indongo will clash on August 19 in Lincoln, Nebraska in a huge five-title unification match-up. Crawford’s WBC and WBO belts will be on the line along with Indongo’s WBA World, IBF and IBO in an opportunity to say without question who is the undisputed king at super-lightweight.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

I expect Crawford to take this and come on strong for late stoppage or at the least a clear decision. Really looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds and will be great to have a unified champ in a division.

I am so excited for this fight and disappointed at the same time because the circus fight has overshadowed this very very meaningful fight. I do have a bias towards Crawford and I think he will edge it on points because of the vast levels he has to his game, but I certainly believe this will be his toughest opponent.

[h=1]Terence Crawford vs Julius Indongo – Ringnews24 Writers’ & Fans’ Predictions[/h]Writers’ Predictions

Barbara Pinnella

Wow, there are so many titles on the line for this fight between undefeated super lightweights. Terence Crawford, at 29, is the younger man with a record of 31 victories, 22 of those coming by way of knockout. He has fought some very strong men on his climb to the top, among them the then-undefeated Viktor Postol to grab his WBC belt. His name is well-known and his face recognized in the boxing world.

Terence Crawford vs Julius Indongo – Ringnews24 Writers’ & Fans’ Predictions

Writers’ Predictions

Barbara Pinnella

Wow, there are so many titles on the line for this fight between undefeated super lightweights. Terence Crawford, at 29, is the younger man with a record of 31 victories, 22 of those coming by way of knockout. He has fought some very strong men on his climb to the top, among them the then-undefeated Viktor Postol to grab his WBC belt. His name is well-known and his face recognized in the boxing world.

Damn it Bud, should have told me I could write more than just a few lines. :mlol: Doesn't matter, it's good to see my name in there for the first time. :thumb: