Chisora vs Helenius - The rematch, who wins?

The_budweiser

Trainer Don Charles says Dereck Chisora (26-7, 18 KOs) is leaving nothing to chance when he meets Robert Helenius (24-1, 15 KOs) in a hotly anticipated rematch at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland on May 27.

Helenius holds a controversial split decision win over Chisora from their all action showdown in December 2011, which many, including Charles, believed the British boxer did enough to win.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

-----

Not sure who wins this fight. Chisora was robbed in the first fight - I'd be amazed if anyone actually had Helenius winning.

If Chisora turns up fit then I would pick him but Chisora has a habit of not being in shape and he can gas early.

Flip of a coin for me due to Chisora's conditioning.

Re: Chisora vs Helenius - The rematch, who wins?

If we go off recent form then you'd have to favour Dereck Chisora. He fought a very solid fight against Dillian Whyte, he needs to come in the same shape, this time, and reach that level of performance. Trouble is, you never know how he will turn up both physically and mentally. Motivation, for this fight, shouldn't be a problem. A win puts him back in the title mix.

Good chance that Helenius is done at this level. The loss to Duhaupas was a shocker. Two formality blow-outs since, tell us nothing.

Be interesting to hear Cables thoughts as he is a Helenius fan. So who wins @cableaddict?

Well, I USED to be a Helenius fan. More of a supporter than a fan really, but I always thought his offensive gifts could eventually overcome his other shortcomings.

I was quite excited to see how Helenius would do after his surgery. Alas, it's been a rather disappointing run so far. Even overlooking the Duhaupus disaster, Helenius has looked positively disinterested in being in the ring. I think he has all the gifts needed to be a champion, but he completely lacks the drive & the fire.

Not unlike David Price, really. The only difference is, Price is completely done, whereas Helenius MIGHT still have a career, if he can completely dominate Chisora.

I'm not holding my breath any longer, but it sure would be nice to have another serious player in the division. My guess is that the winner of this fight will get a shot at AJ (Since win or lose, Wlad will surely retire after their upcoming fight) If Rob DOES completely dominate Chisora, then AJ - Helenius would actually be a very interesting matchup.

• 3 weeks later...

Helenius ready for Chisora rematch: ‘’You will see Robert 2.0 in the ring!’’

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Helenius-Chisora.jpg

Robert Helenius (24-1, 15 KOs) looked in great shape as he met with the Finnish media today in Helsinki at an open training session ahead of his WBC Silver World Heavyweight title fight against Dereck Chisora (26-7, 18 KOs) on May 27 at the Hartwall Arena.

The 33 year-old from Porvoo holds a controversial points victory over his British rival from their all action showdown in December 2011, but having enhanced his training methods, which today included pounding a heavy bag with a picture of Chisora’s face attached, ‘The Nordic Nightmare’ believes, this time, the decision will be left in no doubt.

‘’My preparations have been excellent,’’ he said. ‘’We’ve invested heavily in endurance training, cardio activities and, of course, a lot of sparring. When I fought Duhaupas, I wasn’t focused enough, but we’ve learnt from our mistakes, and this time, we won’t leave any stone unturned. On May 27, you will see Robert 2.0 in the ring!

‘’I don’t think Chisora will have changed much over the year. I expect him to continue to come forward with his slugger style trying to land hooks. He can do that for twelve rounds, and that suits me fine, because he is going to run out of gas before I do. In the end, he will just have two options: my left hand or my right!’’

Read more: Helenius ready for Chisora rematch: ‘’You will see Robert 2.0 in the ring!’’ - - Boxing News - Ring News24

I think Chisora wins it. Helenius for me is an epitome of being prospect in the "darkest ages" of heavyweight division with pure dominance by Klitschko's. He has a punch, but I think Chisora has already shown a true face of him. Since that he has looked bad in every important fight. Of course, I can be wrong. It depends on the shape of Chisora, too.

• 3 weeks later...

because the fight is in finland...and chisora never wins a fight by a comfortable margin against european level oppositoin....i got to favour helenius even if chisora wins a tight decision...he will be robbed again i am afraid.... should of got the fight in neutral germany or even better london