He's not here to start arguments gets his own thread now

Impressive body of work by this arguer's arguer just today, and the day is still young! That nets his own thread where he can confine himself to any who wish to argue. I'm not always around, but in the history forum for now I will delete his presence in any other parts of the forum from this point. I may grow tired of that as I have better things to do than mod the same spam over and over:

==========================================================

Quote Originally Posted by BoztheMadman View Post

Well said.

This is also "well said" Marciano was short and fat, with alligator arms, and so tight fisted it is almost as legendary as his 49-0 record, which he only achieved by fighting bums with up to 57 losses, and washed up former middles and light heavies. They say we normally idolise boxers who have a similar build, because we imagine (fantasize about) ourselves in thier position.

Letting your clique leader do your arguing for you now? Realizing you can't match me, so are now content to sit back and just agree with everything he says, what a classy and mature guy you are, great material for a mod, I must say.

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post

--- I cannot help what you infer by your own hand in your self inflicted misery.

Clearly the main body of my statement is incomplete without the supporting context that you have provided via dim memory. That you fail to comprehend dooms you to your incessant self affliction. Yes, it sucks to be a tubby Lar fan and find out he ranks last in my fair statistical time line comparisons, but take comfort in knowing he's at least better than 99% of all heavies, just not in the upper 1%.

Lol. You remind me of Chris Eubank. He too was desperate in his attempts to come across as intelligent, actually showing everyone who had half a grasp on reality, what a brain dead idiot he was.

For the record, I am no more a fan of Larry Holmes than I am of any other boxer. I only defend him against your blatant hatred, unfair criticism and ridiculous bias.

Examples being how he is "tubby Lar" yet you are a big Foreman fan, who happens to be much tubbier.

Saw you criticizing Andre Ward the other day, which poses the question....is there anyone you don't dislike or want to criticize? Are you really a boxing fan, or just the biggest troll on the net?

Despite your hilariously desperate attempt to come across as intelligent, this is grammatically NONSENSE..."Clearly the main body of my statement is incomplete without the supporting context that you have provided via dim memory"

I saw what you initially wrote, and it was not consistent. You listed contenders beaten by others, but not those beaten by Joshua. You listed rounds fought by others but not by Joshua.

On top of that you did what you always do, and twisted the facts to belittle Holmes, who you dislike, whilst creating a conspiracy theory to defend Tyson's abhorent behaviour.

You virtually never post a single respectful post. They are always sarcastic or critical. You love to hate. I offered peace, and you preferred to carry on hating....but then have the cheek to say that I am the hater! Have you no pride? No shame? No dignity? I know you have no respect, that is as plain as the fact that Tyson is a scumbag.

Judas!

What do you mean Boz? He is a Judas because he is not doing what you are doing and ganging up on me? I thought there was no clique? Isn't that what you guys have been saying? So if that is the case, why is he a Judas? One would refer to someone as being a Judas because he was a traitor, correct? So he is a traitor why? Because he won't join in and agree with everything you say, whether he thinks you are right or not? Maybe that is because he is a fair person, who can see that you are being infantile bullies, as well as biased and hypocritical.

I appreciate any help, that only decent people would give, but if no one wants to help me, I am more than capable of showing you both for what you are, and beating you easily every time, over any subject you care to bring up. Why am I confident? Because I know you will never be able to find any post where I lie, contradict myself, be unfair, or be a hypocrite and the only thing that stops me saying much more, is the fact that I know you are desperately trying to get me really mad, so that I swear, and then you would have a good excuse to ban me. Just like I did with LRR'S, I tried to get on with you, and forgave your childish behaviour, upon your request, but in your very next post to me, you MISTAKEDLY accused me of unfair bias against Duran, which you STILL will not acknowledge, despite me mentioning it NUMEROUS TIMES, and so you fell out with me yet again. Remember this fact...we are arguing because YOU TOTALLY MISREAD A POST I MADE, and ended up threatening to ban me for my opinions....opinions that YOU MISUNDERSTOOD!

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 11:42 AM.

Thats what you always believed, I knew it...just another hater. Ain't it sad.

Sorry you don't understand simple posts, but I said that in direct response to you saying "well said" after your clique member wrote the following.."Yes, it sucks to be a tubby Lar fan and find out he ranks last in my fair statistical time line comparisons"

I said it to show you two can play that game. I also said it, because I saw how it upset you when Gav mentioned that he was a skinflint. If you can't take it, don't give it.

I would also like to bring to the attention of those interested, yet another example of your unashamed hypocrisy. You just said, "just another hater. Ain't it sad" Yet you can hate on Holmes amongst others whenever you see fit? Why? Because as you keep ramming down our throats, you are a mod. A crap, unfair one, but that's not important to you, is it!

Oh and I still don't hate Marciano btw, these are just things I noticed. I don't hate people for having physical disadvantages or for being lucky. Not keen on skinflints, but still I am mature enough not to hate someone for having that trait...pity others don't have that abilty.

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 12:06 PM.

Chaconfan. Once again, I ask you to address this issue. You keep avoiding it because you are embarrassed, but I will keep mentioning it until you acknowledge it.

Originally Posted by BoztheMadman

Lol...I'm starting to think you got something against non-black fighters, but I am not gonna go that far, for the sake of peace on this forum. Now I see the same tendency as you showed in the Marciano thread, to overlook the achievements of the fighters you don't like for some reason. This is pure bs. Duran beat an undefeated LEONARD, did that slip your mind? He was a LIGHTWEIGHT coming up to welterweight and had only lost once there, a loss he avenged twice. Buchanan was good but was NOT of Duran's caliber. He was beaten later on by other guys and never left lightweight. A 37-yearold Duran went to middleweight and defeated a MUCH BIGGER Iran Barkley.

Chaconfan's reply. Did you not read this part?

He excelled when standing and trading, and beat Barkley who Hearns could not beat, despite being considered way past his best.

He beat a peak Leonard and did better against Hagler than Hearns did, but Hearns did better against Benitez.

BTW, DID IT SLIP YOUR MIND THAT LEONARD AVENGED HIS LOSS TWICE. It is just because you thought it relevant to mention Duran avenged HIS defeat twice but ignored that fact in your rush to call me biased....which was no doubt why you misread the whole post in the first place.

Very hard to say who was better, but I think Hearns would almost always beat Duran. I say "almost" because if he came into the ring with the weak legs that he came into the Hagler fight with, he may lose.

You sarcastically asked if it had slipped my mind that Duran had beaten Leonard, yet it is in the post that you quoted me on..as is the mention of the Barkley win. You then said that I overlook the achievements of fighters I don't like, which suggests I am biased, and unfair, despite me telling you that I do not dislike Marciano at all, and love Duran. So here I am YET AGAIN, HAVING TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST FALSE ACCUSATIONS. There is no twisting my words or anything else that can be said, it is copied and pasted in b&w for you to see. People will continue to think I am making a fuss over nothing, but that is obviously not the case.

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 01:06 PM.

Re: Who was the best; Leonard, Hearns, Hagler or Duran?

--- More hate self projection from you.

Not a clue how a guy who criticizes seemingly every boxer who ever stepped in a ring, and who won't stop hating members who are willing to forgive and forget, has the front to accuse someone who is constantly defending boxers who others are unfairly critcizing, as being hateful, but then again, you do have a reputation as being bizarre, to say the least, and your double standards are more famous than Marciano's 49-0......and just as easy to see through.

Quote Originally Posted by reznick View Post

He fought the best of his era, what more can he do?

Walcott is an ATG, no shame in knocking him out in the 13th in the most iconic knockout in the sports history.

Louis was on a 10 fight winning streak, and was a legitimate contender. He wasn't matched up with Rocky as a favor.

Frazier has only 4 KO's on film, and less spectacular than Rockys, he doesn't have a better highlight reel.

Rocky didn't only KO small men, he KO'd everyone from that era. In fact, the worst beatings he gave were to the biggest opponents.

It's not about being a fan. I don't have a grandpa on a rocking chair waxing stories about Rocky.

It just is what it is.

"It just is what it is"....to you, and it is what it is to me. You say he did not KO only small men, but two of his three( I am not even going to include Louis as a name, as he was so past his best, it would be unfair) named opponents were smaller men, who moved up in order to make more money. Charles fought as a middleweight at the start of his pro career. Moore also fought as a middleweight. I can't believe you are actually trying to give him credit for beating Joe Louis! Who by the way, was not on a 10 fight winning streak, it was 8. Before those 8 wins, he had been beaten by Walcott, but they gave him the decision, he avenged it then retired for over two years and came back to a loss. Even Rocky himself didn't give himself credit for that win, so I don't know why you do.

I don't know why you think that Frazier only has four ko's on film, as I have far more in my collection, plus a HL reel could show knockdowns, and knocking down Ali when you are tired, late in a fight, is far more impressive than any knock down Marciano scored.

I listed only a few guys that I thought would look good on HL reels, that is all. I didn't do an in depth study and analysis of every fight available on film. Replace Frazier with Julian Jackson then, now that is true one punch knockout power, not clubbing away at old smaller men until they wilt.

Also, I am fully aware that one can only fight the best of his era....my point is, that he was lucky that the best, were past THEIR best and were in some instances also naturally smaller...hence the title of the thread.

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 10:05 AM.

chaconfan

Area Champ

This message has been deleted by chaconfan.

chaconfan

Area Champ

This message has been deleted by chaconfan.

Ali was hurt by Shavers and had a hard fight against him-Rocky was a class above Shavers. And had a better chin. Do the math. Not saying Rocky would win for sure, but given that nobody could beat him back then, there is a good chance that he could win. Henry Cooper almost knocked Ali out ffs!

Ok let us look at this in a fair way. You say he was rocked by Shavers as though that is evidence that strengthens Marciano's chances of a win against Ali. Don't you take into consideration the fact that Shavers is generally considered the hardest puncher in heavyweight history? Or that Ali was wayyyyy past his prime? And considering these two things, what happened? Was he decked? In fact it was so minimal that Shavers himself did not even know that he had hurt him, which he admits to this day. He worked as a doorman in Liverpool and I spoke to him many times.

Cooper did not almost KO him, and that can be backed up by this fact. He was knocked down when he was really tired, in one of the most gruelling fights in heavyweight history, by a much harder puncher than Cooper, and STILL got straight back up. People exaggerate what happened in the Cooper fight, but in reality only 20 seconds were gained by Angelo Dundee pointing out that there was a split in Ali's glove. If those 20 seconds were not gained, he surely would have been able to continue after the normal one minute rest period.

I always look at all sides to an argument, so I will throw this into the mix...If Leon Spinks could beat Ali, Marciano could, but a peak Ali? I VERY much doubt it.

Last edited by chaconfan; Today at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post

--- Marv said that physically that was one of his easiest fights which is why he was so POed since he wasn't hurt, marked, or otherwise beat up like many of his tougher fights.

Here they are probably within the year. Marv looks great, but Ray like a ghost, but that could just be one of those poses that cameras catch in stills making people look odd.

And how the division has changed. Marv has as good a pair of knuckle dusters on him as any in history. Gennady is slightly in front making him appear larger than normal, but even shrunk down that 1% difference he dwarfs Marv.

I would agree that it was his easiest fight as far as being bust up in any way, but it wasn't his easiest in trying to find a way to win, because everything he tried, Ray would find a way to counter it. He even backed Marvin up at his own game, when they traded and Ray was trapped in a corner.

Two sides to every story, I am afraid!

I have met both recently and can tell you first hand that Ray looks much better than Marvin, even though Ray has taken drugs and Marvin has always been a clean liver.

I would also say that your admiration for Marvin and disdain for Ray has tarnished your opinion of how they look on this picture too.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: He's not here to start arguments gets his own thread now

And if you bothered to check, instead of continuing with your childish bias, you would see that I never started a single argument. I just don't let you or you clique members bully me, or have the last say. I also merely tried to defend myself against the ridiculous and proven FALSE ACCUSATIONS. You have posted quotes I made, but not what started them. Anyone could make someone look bad by biased editing, just like you always do when referring to boxers you don't like....which is always because they beat a fighter you do like.

Aren't you going to give the same treatment to Boz? He CLEARLY started the arguments, as I proved in the thread about the fab 4, among others.

You don't like me constantly beating you in anything you care to butt in and be contrary about, and so you ban me. You tried to get me mad so I would swear or make threats, so you wouldn't look like you had banned me for having an opinion, and I did neither, so you now say I cannot post on the forum? How mature of you!

Aren't you going to give the same treatment to Boz? He CLEARLY started the arguments, as I proved in the thread about the fab 4, among others.

You don't like me constantly beating you in anything you care to butt in and be contrary about, and so you ban me. You tried to get me mad so I would swear or make threats, so you wouldn't look like you had banned me for having an opinion, and I did neither, so you now say I cannot post on the forum? How mature of you!

:lmao: You still think someone cares about your childish accusations? You may have fooled some people here-for a while. But that's over, señor! :wave:

I don't blame you for losing interest, but if you actually would have read the posts, you will see that I was only ever answering posts to me. Which were always false accusations, misquotes, sarcasm or something just as negative. Boz knows full well what happened, HE started it and blamed stress at home, but directly after apologizing in a PM, he thought he had an opportunity to show me as being an unfair hypocrite, so he jumped in without reading it properly, and showed himself to be completely wrong. LRR's has actually posted proof of that, whilst trying to make ME look bad.

:lmao: You still think someone cares about your childish accusations? You may have fooled some people here-for a while. But that's over, señor! :wave:

Only they aren't childish accusations. They are proven facts in b/w. Even your stupid post where you criticized me regarding Duran has been quoted on this thread. You did another misquote of me today, regarding Ali v Cooper. Talk about "childish" you are even misquoting me, in your desperate attempt to make me look bad. Gav told me that you threatened to track him down and break him in half. This is nowhere near the first time you have threatened and sworn at members, and all you have been trying to do is get me mad, so you could have an excuse to get me banned. Despite non stop harassment off you for weeks, I did not swear or threaten you or anyone else, so you got your clique member onside to try even harder. If you wanted to break Gav in half, you must want to kill me, because he isn't banished to the naughty corner. You can have my address no problem btw.

Threads pointless and will just cause more arguing.

MEMBERS: When posting in a thread try stay on topic and refrain from petty name calling.

If you can't chat civilised and act like an adult with certain members, put them on ignore from your user settings.

Threads pointless and will just cause more arguing.

MEMBERS: When posting in a thread try stay on topic and refrain from petty name calling.

If you can't chat civilised and act like an adult with certain members, put them on ignore from your user settings.

Shall I close it or shall I leave you the pleasure?

Just want to say that my opinions are NOT arguing. This thread tries to make me look bad, which is all LRR's has ever done since I corrected him a few times on errors he made, when I first joined, and no one is allowed to make a mod look bad and get away with it. One of the errors was in regard to the "doofus ref, who cost Roldan a knockdown against Hagler" When in actual fact, the "doofus ref" had given Roldan a knockdown, that was not a clean knockdown. I could go on, but no one is interested.

I could copy and paste thousands of sarcastic (often nonsensical) argumentative, hypocritical posts that LRR's has posted. Full of hate, spite and bitterness, but that would get taken down. Here he quotes me out of context, and tries to make a HL reel of me arguing, but like all HL reels and movie trailers...they don't show the whole story, and all these posts he quotes me on, are of me answering something Boz or he has said in a sarcastic or hypocritical way to me first. Thank you for your time.

Can we not knock this crap off, it looks petty as hell and really stifles debate. We all have things to add and have our own opinions without resorting to name calling and general distastefulnes. Pick apart each others arguments and 'facts' all day long (it's how we learn stuff sometimes) but shake hands at the end (you know what i mean).

Can we not knock this crap off, it looks petty as hell and really stifles debate. We all have things to add and have our own opinions without resorting to name calling and general distastefulnes. Pick apart each others arguments and 'facts' all day long (it's how we learn stuff sometimes) but shake hands at the end (you know what i mean).

I asked LRR's if he wanted to be friends, and even though he knows my daughter is in a coma, he sarcastically refused, so it isn't me, my friend.

Also Boz has asked my forgiveness a few times now, but even though I said yes each time, he then starts again. He thought that I was criticizing Duran, and totally misquoted me, but then he purposely misquoted me regarding Ali v Henry Cooper, because he will do anything to make me look bad....including calling me racist against my own race... because I admire some black boxers but criticized just ONE white one.

As I believe I have explained previously, LRR doesn't want friends and is from an alternate universe anyway. Move on.

Neither do I, but at least I tried to resolve it, and tried to be friendly to someone even though he is sarcastic,biased, bitter, spiteful, twisted and a hypocrite.

Yes you have told me previously that LRR'S doesn't want to be friends, but here is the important bit, I was replying to Derbymanc, who asked why can't we shake hands?

You and LRR'S have been arguing for years, so maybe you should also "move on". I tried to move on, I doubt either of you two ever have.

Your pal, Andy.

I'm not pointing blame at anyone Andy, I just think that it brings the whole place down and would be better to put him on ignore. I had the same issue with someone elsewhere and found the experience much more satisfying once I could no longer see his Manny loving, excuse making, plaster of paris excusing crap. (I actually started to dislike Pac cause of that one idiot) not worth wrecking yourself over it if you just can't get along.