Gervonta Davis vs Liam Walsh - Who Wins?

WelshDevilRob

Gervonta Davis to defend against Liam Walsh in London

Baltimore’s Gervonta Davis will make the first defence of his IBF Super-Featherweight crown against undefeated Cromer hero Liam Walsh at London’s Copper Box Arena on Saturday 20th May, live on BT Sport and BoxNation.

Read more: Gervonta Davis to defend against Liam Walsh in London - - Boxing News - Ring News24

-----------------------------------------------

22-year-old Champion Davis (17-0, 16 KOs) and 30-year-old challenger Walsh (21-0, 14 KOs) collide at Copper Box Arena, London.

Can Walsh derail the Mayweather boxer?

Re: Gervonta Davis vs Liam Walsh - Who Wins?

Haven't seen much of this Gervonta, but Walsh is one of the best British fighters of today I think. When it comes to talent and record also...he hasn't yet won any major titles but he might. He's still unbeaten and few Brit fighters can say that.

Davis looked terrific in his title win but Walsh is quite a skillful fighter. He could exploit Davis' relative inexperience. I hope it doesn't go to the scorecards because Floyd will moan and gripe if it doesn't go Davis' way regardless of legitimacy.

Very good fight. Davis looked impressive against Pedraza and Walsh already has some decent wins. I predict that Walsh may be much more problematic for American compared to Pedraza.

Very good fight. Davis looked impressive against Pedraza and Walsh already has some decent wins. I predict that Walsh may be much more problematic for American compared to Pedraza.

I tend to agree. Not saying Davis won't win. Just that Walsh presents a little bit more professional resistance, compared to all of the other opponents that Davis has had to deal with at this point in his career. Also making him travel for his 1st title defense is rough. If he comes thru tho, that leaves very little question marks moving forward.

A decent overseas fight for Davis and showcasing his skills for UK fans still early in his career. Cracking opportunity for Walsh and the experience will hopefully only enhance his career further down the line if he doesn't pull it off. Davis looked mighty impressive against Pedraza, so will be more than confident of a fairly routine defence. It's a big challenge for Walsh, and it's also a risk Mayweather thinks is worth taking for enhancing both Davis' profile further with boxing-mad Brits, and possible huge financial gains from future lucrative bouts. Looking forward to seeing both fighters development

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man, that's a dream fight ! - But I don't want to see either of them lose, so ......

He's now calling out Adrien Broner and getting a response. Could just be staged to raise his profile or he's found alcohol and unwisely posting on social media while intoxicated....some people never learn :whistle:

Davis isn't very well spoken. He seems like the type that should let his fighting/punching do all the talking for him. But being signed to TMT, he's probably being forced to be more vocal. The thing with Farmer has been going on since well before the Pedraza fight.

lol @ Sam Watson not even knowing what weight class his fighter is fighting at.

I was extremely impressed with Davis against Pedraza, he was quick, powerful, threw corkscrew uppercuts and punch combinations. I know Walsh has got the skill and can box but I'm going with "The Tank" Gervonta Davis on this one. For me he has it all.

It's good to see The Money Team fighters are now starting to fight over here. Here's to seeing a few more over here in the future.

• 1 month later...