RbyR: David Haye vs Tony Bellew - Thoughts and Predictions

WelshDevilRob

March 4th at the 02 Arena, London sees the Heavyweight clash between David "Hayemaker" Have and Tony "Bomber" Bellew. Live on SkySports PPV.

David Haye vs Tony Bellew - Ringnews24 Writers’ Predictions

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/tony-bellew-david-haye-628x356.jpg

Introduction by Lee Skavydis

Egos will collide when former heavyweight champion and current cruiserweight titleholder Tony Bellew fight on March 4th at the 02 arena in London next year. The fight will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Pay Per View.

There is speculation that Shannon Briggs was originally going to face Haye in September earlier this year although things suddenly went quiet on that front. The Londoner and Liverpudlian have some history together, although, however much of it is true is up for debate. Bellew claimed that he got the best of Haye in the gym when he was still only an amateur while Haye was contesting for the British professional title.

Furthermore, he has also criticised Haye’s current training techniques, claiming his body frame does not look “right” for a boxer, as well as his olden situations with Wladimir Klitschko and his former plan to fight Briggs. But Haye seems to be taking it all in his stride.

“It is like a chihuahua fighting a pitbull,” Haye has been quoted as saying.

Read more: David Haye vs Tony Bellew - Ringnews24 Writers’ Predictions - - Boxing News - Ring News24

------------------------------

Please give us your prediction and fights scores, thoughts during and after.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: RbyR: David Haye vs Tony Bellew - Thoughts and Predictions

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/CONFERENCE-HAYE-BELLEW8.jpg

David Haye vs Tony Bellew: If it makes money….

by Matt Cotterell

Step forward David Haye and Tony Bellew for what can only be described as a mutually beneficial money making exercise. So they say, Haye needs it, and his involvement means that Bellew (and Hearn) makes more of it than would generally be the case. Everyone’s a winner.

For all his faults, you can’t knock Haye and his ability to put bums on seats and pound notes through the turnstiles. The man could sell snow to the Eskimos and they’d thank him for the privilege. Bellew by comparison couldn’t sell a lifeboat to the passengers of a sinking ship.

When discussing potential matchups, risk versus reward is an oft used soundbite. Whilst in boxing there is a very obvious inherent risk of physical harm, we are generally talking about risk to future opportunity or earnings potential. Win and your stock rises, lose and interest in you fades is a simplistic but accurate way to look at it. In this contest, and in this context, I don’t see the risk for either man.

Read more: David Haye vs Tony Bellew: If it makes money…. - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Bellew can't hit hard enough to get Haye out of there fast. That about sums it up for him, in my eyes he can't win. And he sure hell isn't a good enough technical boxer to beat Haye. Haye gets him out sometime between rounds 3 and 6. Expect a few knockdowns before the final knockout.

Edited by BoztheMadman

I aint watching the videos of this charade, I keep hearing about it on the radio, and it's pretty disgraceful stuff. The latest this morning was about Haye saying he'll put Bellew in hospital! Just no need to say that whatsoever.

Previously I was a Haye fan....his lack of relevant activity and ultimately not living up to his potential in the sport was a let down and I lost faith in him.

While he is still an exciting fighter, and I think he will have too much for Bellew, whom I really dislike with his gobshite behaviour, I don't think Haye will make many waves in the heavyweight division after this bout.

I aint watching the videos of this charade, I keep hearing about it on the radio, and it's pretty disgraceful stuff. The latest this morning was about Haye saying he'll put Bellew in hospital! Just no need to say that whatsoever.

Previously I was a Haye fan....his lack of relevant activity and ultimately not living up to his potential in the sport was a let down and I lost faith in him.

While he is still an exciting fighter, and I think he will have too much for Bellew, whom I really dislike with his gobshite behaviour, I don't think Haye will make many waves in the heavyweight division after this bout.

I thought Haye handled himself well in those conditions. 500 screaming scousers, who were continually offensive. Given Ohara Davies' inexperience, I liked how he kept talking even if he was OTT. I have no problem with Haye calling the fans there "fucking retards". Bellew isn't innocent in all this and the references to roids and Haye's kids nobody seems bothered about.

On the whole I found it entertaining and just want to see Haye absolutely ruin this man.

--- I like how he finished off his mug of coffee and handed off to some poor blinkered chap who could only stare at it wondering what to do next. Best buddy a millionaire running a string of international nightclubs and a undefeated fighter to boot. Seems as though pink has found his true calling.

Let's talk/diss about the past. Let's not give credit for an inactive Haye, who has fought bums, taking on the WBC Cruiserweight champion.

Yeah, let's give loads of credit to a heavyweight fighting a guy who's only recently arrived at cruiserweight, having spent most of his career as a light-heavyweight. Bellew's the one who deserves most credit here, but he'll get none of it from me because it's purely a cash-in for both men.

If Haye beats Bellew...so what? Bellew's new to cruiser, let alone heavyweight, and has lost to Nathan Cleverly and nearly to Ovill McKenzie. If Bellew beats Haye...so what? Who's David Haye these days? Personally I think he's probably still a world class fighter, but I've no evidence to back that up because he's done nothing but talk for about 5 years.

But really, tell me again how they had to be kept apart at the press conferences - I'm so close to buying this!

Edited by gavpowell

:haha: I liked that one Gav!

Is Bellew included in that summary!?

I suppose it's a little unfair on Bellew because even though he's not very good, he's managed to win British, Commonwealth, European and finally "world" honours between two weight classes. Trouble is, he's just not a world-class fighter, whereas Haye at least used to be and probably still is.

Yeah, let's give loads of credit to a heavyweight fighting a guy who's only recently arrived at cruiserweight, having spent most of his career as a light-heavyweight. Bellew's the one who deserves most credit here, but he'll get none of it from me because it's purely a cash-in for both men.

I understand the latter parts of your posts about not really caring much for the fight and thats fair enough if it doesn't interest you.....but I've no qualms with it being made.

Bellew started shouting his mouth off about Haye, knowing it'd cause a stir, he probably delusionally believes he can win and so in his mind it's a jump into the heavyweight scene to propell him up the ladder.

Haye in response see's an easy nights work, a victory over a world title holder in a division he himself came up from is much more valuable in terms of his ranking than a win over any wank jobber outside the top 10 of the heavyweight division in the same manner as Haye's comeback fights to date. Add in the build up antics, genuine hate for each other and all this build up shit to get the public in a frenzy and its a money spinner to boot!

It's a win win for both of them financially.

I suppose it's a little unfair on Bellew because even though he's not very good, he's managed to win British, Commonwealth, European and finally "world" honours between two weight classes. Trouble is, he's just not a world-class fighter, whereas Haye at least used to be and probably still is.

I'm with you on Haye. I was a fan in days gone by, but for 5 years he's just been a mouthpiece, where if he has taken action he could probably have picked up a few more titles along the way.

I have never been a fanof Bellew, but he has definitely overachieved given his attributes and ability. In a similar vein to Khan or Froch he doesn't shy away from wanting to fight those around the top of the division and thats to be admired, but it mostly comes from delusions of grandeur in my opinion.

The ever reliable Sun newspaper claiming that Haye is injured (achilles) as he's been photographed with doctors in Munich. Haye has a broad smile in the photo - mind games and probably due to Bellew's reference that Haye keeps going to Germany for roids.

It's Haye's public work-out at 6pm tonight.

Shitstain of a newspaper the Sun!

Like he'd be openly tweeting shit if there was any indication he's injured and the fight was off!

Bellew has been responding to it on Talksport so there must have been some sort of official notification to the Lpool camp. Too much $ for Haye to shit out of this one surely (?). Although he now has his excuse sorted if he does lose.

Promoter Eddie Hearn is confident the fight will go ahead as planned.

'If he wasn't fighting I'd know. He will be at the workouts and he will be in the ring on Saturday,' he said.

'I'd heard about an Achilles (problem) a few weeks back but he was playing football on Soccer AM at the weekend. If you're that worried about an Achilles injury you're not playing football, are you?

'It's known he sometimes goes to Munich for treatment. That's where he had surgery on his shoulder.'