Wilder officially ducks Ortiz. Stiiverne now the mandatory.

Cableaddict

So much for Stivern vs Ortiz in an eliminator bout.

The spineless WBC have evidently cow-towed to Wilder and/or Haymon, and have allowed the underwhelming Bermain Stiverne a direct shot at Wilder. (I guess they think the Oritz fight needs more marinating.)

Bermane Stiverne Installed As Mandatory Challenger To Deontay Wilder By The WBC | HitHardNews

Unbelievable.

Later with these fools. I'm officially no longer a Wilder fan or supporter. God damned Bozo the Clown.

Edited by Cableaddict

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wilder officially ducks Ortiz. Stiiverne now the mandatory.

I actually quite like this because even his most deluded fans can't argue he's nothing but a bum hunter, 40 fights as well, embarrassing

Exactly so. Every lousy fight up until now has had a legitimate excuse, but this is the first time team Wilder had a chance to pick anyone they wanted.

- And they chose to make this garbage fight.

^ I read an article a while back that said, based on some verifiable amateur bout for which there was a minimum age, Ortiz HAD to be at least mid-40's.

Sadly, I've looked for that article recently & can't find it. It's probably still out there, though. Of course, without being able to read it again, it's impossible to say if it seems legit, but I remember it seeming so, at the time, to me.

I actually quite like this because even his most deluded fans can't argue he's nothing but a bum hunter, 40 fights as well, embarrassing

I am a fan,and am not remotely deluded.It may be nothing to do with Deontay that Stiverne is given a shot,plus he is very willing to fight Joshua, Parker or anyone else.

I am a fan,and am not remotely deluded.It may be nothing to do with Deontay that Stiverne is given a shot,plus he is very willing to fight Joshua, Parker or anyone else.

Anyone else. - Except for Ortiz, Breazeale, Browne, Pulev, Ruiz, Takam, Ustinov, Miller, Glazkov .....

Man, what a warrior !

Edited by Cableaddict

Not remotely deluded but it's possible you may be a little gullible

Of course he is, that's why he hasn't.

Didn't some of those guys have other fights lined up? Didn't Fury cause their potential fight to fall through?Didn't he continue fighting with a bolt poking through his hand and a torn bicep? Didn't he travel to Russia to fight Povetkin? Wasn't Washington a good substitute opponent for the second guy in a row who thought they needed performance enhancing drugs in order to have a chance?

Is Stiverne such a bad opponent? He is the only man to go the distance with Wilder (most probably because he broke his hand in that fight) and was world champ, only one fight ago. Surely Wilder wants to be able to KO him and say that no man could go the distance with him, when he wasn't injured. It is not like he blew him out in one round, and is re matching him. He has also stated that he wants to unify, but these fights aren't easy to set up. I don't hear him making any excuses for not fighting this guy or that guy. Sounds to me like he is up for anyone. Probably you know something I don't, but he doesn't seem like a coward to me.

Edited by chaconfan

Anyone else. - Except for Ortiz, Breazeale, Browne, Pulev, Ruiz, Takam, Ustinov, Miller, Glazkov .....

Man, what a warrior !

Yeah like he is terrified of THAT line up! Without going into too much research, I can see that you have listed Takam as a guy Wilder is somehow scared of; yet he was willing to travel to Russia to fight the guy that beat him?

Povetkin has beaten far better opponents than any of the guys have that you say Wilder is dodging, so there is no logical argument to be made in fairness.

Glazkov?...the guy who was stopped by Martin, despite Martin never having previously beaten anyone close to top quality, and who ultimately showed his limitations when he stepped up to the still inexperienced himself, Joshua.

Miller?....like HE deserves a title shot yet. He has beaten no one, plus there are much bigger money fights to be made.

Did Wilder make Stiverne the mandatory btw?

Wait and see. He will prove the haters wrong. Look at the Klitschko's opponents. Some terrible no hoper's on their respective resume's. Deontay had his bums to KO, just like any good prospect, and has had bad luck with Fury, the two drug cheats, two broken hands and a torn bicep. He was out of action and in his first fight back, defended against a huge, unbeaten last minute sub. I wouldn't say that he is looking for easy fights or in any way a coward. I am sure that there has never been another boxer in history who fought on, with a bolt poking through his hand and a torn bicep, in the same fight.

Like you said. "Man, what a warrior !"

No one likes to say, hey you made good points there, and I admit I was wrong (or too critical) so I very much doubt, that is what I will see as a reply, but I hope you do see that I am not looking for an argument, just don't like people being unfairly criticised.

Edited by chaconfan

--- The two Povetkin vs wilder lawsuits are still tied up in court with Bambi having won the first rd of the smallest one.

And no, he never traveled to Russia. It's his rep, not mine and he's satisfied with making $1 mil purses in Alabama looking like a club fighter while Thurman and Garcia fought at Barclays in NY for $2 mil apiece and Bellew/ Haye will split between 6-10 mil british.

First, Martin didn't stop Glazkov, Glazkov injured himself falling over throwing punches. He retired injured and Martin got the TKO. Now:

Didn't some of those guys have other fights lined up?

Sometimes - not continuously for the past several years, certainly. And I doubt that someone like Lucas Browne would have said "It's lovely of you to ask, but I'd better carry on with this fight against Julius Long."

Didn't he continue fighting with a bolt poking through his hand and a torn bicep?

Yep, but then if he hadn't been fighting like a witless goon, he wouldn't have either of those problems. He could also have made it worthwhile by sustaining those injuries against someone who was worth a damn.

Didn't he travel to Russia to fight Povetkin?

No, he travelled to Sheffield, which is similar to Russia in many ways. Still, let's assume he would have reached Russia - that's one decent opponent, and I don't blame him for what happened there.

Wasn't Washington a good substitute opponent for the second guy in a row who thought they needed performance enhancing drugs in order to have a chance?

Yeah he was a good substitute. You will note their first choice was the Povetkin victim who'd recently won the highly regarded Polish heavyweight title. Washington was a guy I was suggesting for the likes of Joseph Parker last year - he's not really a proven world class fighter, nor does he hold any title. Tell me how this demonstrates Wilder's willingness to face the most dangerous men in his division?

Is Stiverne such a bad opponent? He is the only man to go the distance with Wilder (most probably because he broke his hand in that fight) and was world champ, only one fight ago.

He was a world champ until two fights ago, when he lost it to Wilder. He'd been a champion for one fight, having beaten Chris Arreola(Wilder's recent opponent, you'll note) and it was 2014.

He then took the best part of a year off, fought Wilder and did almost nothing, took nearly another year off and fought Derrick Rossy.That was his last fight and it was still 2015.

I'm sorry Deontay lost his 100% KO record, I really am, but he'll just have to suck it up and behave like a world champion by fighting some current world-class fighters.

He has also stated that he wants to unify, but these fights aren't easy to set up. I don't hear him making any excuses for not fighting this guy or that guy. Sounds to me like he is up for anyone. Probably you know something I don't, but he doesn't seem like a coward to me.

OK, I would like to win a heavyweight title, then I'd like to unify the titles and defend against Luis Ortiz, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker within 2 years. Don't I sound like a man who's not afraid of anyone? Now the thing is, I've never had so much as a playground fight in my life, but I talk a good game, huh?

Anthony Joshua has landed the Klitschko fight and with it the chance to add IBF and IBO to his WBA, which would be upgraded to super champion. Deontay Wilder is fighting a guy he already beat 2 years ago.

Edited by gavpowell