Where O Where is Wilder vs Washington

LondonRingRules

--- Anyone gonna be in Alabamy for this?

Yup, gonna be a fine witching season down there this Saturday as El Gallo Negro vies to become the 1st Mexican American Heavyweight after the last semi failed attempt by Arreola who lost the fight but won the war when he put wilder in the hospital for multiple surgeries and rehab.

Who you got?

Re: Where O Where is Wilder vs Washington

--- Anyone gonna be in Alabamy for this?

Yup, gonna be a fine witching season down there this Saturday as El Gallo Negro vies to become the 1st Mexican American Heavyweight after the last semi failed attempt by Arreola who lost the fight but won the war when he put wilder in the hospital for multiple surgeries and rehab.

London, you're starting to sound like Kelly Anne Conway. :mnuts:

--- Don't know Harrison from Scott or Hurd from Hear'd, but big dumb Brazeale vs Ugonoh is gonna be fight of the night methinks.

If Breazeale comes in-shape & motivated, it could be brilliant. You know I've been backing Breazeale for most of his career, but he's looked positively uninterested in his last few fights. And his hand speed seems to have declined, which is really odd. (Maybe it's more hs reflexes, which can slip due to not enough sparring.) I've all but given up on him, and I have a feeling he's given up on himself. I'm seriously NOT saying he was aid to lay down against AJ, but he sure fought that way. And he lost to Kassi, simply by not throwing enough. He may just be looking for one more paycheck.

This is probably his last chance at the brass ring. If he's mentally in the fight, remembers to actually use his jab & stays aggressive, he has a decent chance. A win would obviously put him right back in the mix, maybe even then a fight with Parker.

- But Ugonoh is such a monster. Athletic, fast, incredibly powerful. If Ugohoh was facing Wilder this weekend, my money would NOT be on the American, despite Ugonoh's lack of high level experience. He needs a little more variation in his offense, and maybe better head movement, but right now he's my pick to rule the division on 2 years time, assuming he can the the right opponents into the ring. (and assuming / hoping he finds a better trainer.)

Edited by Cableaddict

I pick Hurd, just because Harrison already lost against Nelson. Besides, it's a very hard choice.

Seems that a lot of people are picking Hurd to steamroll over Harrison. I'm not saying i don't think Hurd will win. Just that it'll be a lot closer than most people think.

Seems that a lot of people are picking Hurd to steamroll over Harrison. I'm not saying i don't think Hurd will win. Just that it'll be a lot closer than most people think.

I haven't seen many saying this. Almost everyone understands that this is a great matchup, and an exciting fight.

- But Ugonoh is such a monster. Athletic, fast, incredibly powerful. If Ugohoh was facing Wilder this weekend, my money would NOT be on the American, despite Ugonoh's lack of high level experience. He needs a little more variation in his offense, and maybe better head movement, but right now he's my pick to rule the division on 2 years time, assuming he can the the right opponents into the ring. (and assuming / hoping he finds a better trainer.)

So what makes this guy any different to Joshua that you tip him to rule the division but dimiss AJ as overhype, carefully placed and managed etc etc

I'm not saying you're wrong about anything here by the way, just looking for consistency in your arguements.

This guys looks to have the same kind of build as Joshua, I haven't seen him fight but you say he has speed and big power, these are things AJ also has....he also has some flaws that need ironing out, fine...and so does Joshua.....and then you mention getting the "right" opponents in the ring. I dunno what that means, but it sounds like carefully selected opponents to bring him along steadily, something that I guess you could say AJ has had thus far.

They are like for like in their respective careers, almost identical in physique and attribute wise........so how can you rate one of them but not the other?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

So what makes this guy any different to Joshua that you tip him to rule the division but dimiss AJ as overhype, carefully placed and managed etc etc

Ugohon moves incredibly well. AJ is practically a statue. (though he showed mild improvement in his last fight.)

Ugonoh has a varied offense, with all sorts of angles, and 1-punch power in BOTH hands. AJ has his straight right hand, and that's pretty much it.

Ugonoh loves to go to the body. AJ doesn't even know where the body is.

Ugonoh has excellent defensive footwork. AJ has almost none.

This guys looks to have the same kind of build as Joshua, I haven't seen him fight but you say he has speed and big power, these are things AJ also has....

Except he doesn't. AJ is really quite slow of foot. What he has is excellent reflexes, but he doesn't move well at all. And again, AJ has a deadly right, but his left is nothing special, to put it mildly. He's gotten as far as he has because with only 2 exceptions, he's faced total creampuffs for his entire pro career. Almost none of them ever even tried to hit him, literally. - And even Breazeale did absolutely nothing in the ring. He looked like he was drugged, or maybe paid off.

LITERALLY the only pro opponent that even threw a few meaningful punches at AJ was Whyte, and he almost knocked AJ out.

As for Ugonoh, while he looks the goods, he hasn't faced anyone with a right hand like AJ's, and his defense has yet to be really tested, so I could easily see AJ landing one and taking Ugonoh out. - But even if that happened, I'd consider Ugonoh the better fighter, just a guy who needs a little more experience.

And yes, I really, REALLY dislike AJ, for a number of reasons. I freely admit this & I suppose that may color my opinion a bit, but I assure you I'm trying to give my honest, objective opinion here.

Edited by Cableaddict

Izu Ugonoh hasn't really defeated anything worth of note. I cheer for him, but it's a 50/50 bout. He looks much better as a HW in New Zealand compared to his previous fights in Poland.

Absolutely true. That's why this bout is so fascinating / exciting. It will tell is a lot, about both fighters.

--- Whyte got in a good punch that buzzed Josh for a moment that quickly passed for lack of a follow up.

Returning to topic, neither wilder or Washington have shown anything to trouble Josh, but maybe the winner gets Josh/Wlad winner is what I would hope boxing fans would want.

Ugohon moves incredibly well. AJ is practically a statue. (though he showed mild improvement in his last fight.)

Ugonoh has a varied offense, with all sorts of angles, and 1-punch power in BOTH hands. AJ has his straight right hand, and that's pretty much it.

Ugonoh loves to go to the body. AJ doesn't even know where the body is.

Ugonoh has excellent defensive footwork. AJ has almost none.

Except he doesn't. AJ is really quite slow of foot. What he has is good reflexes, but he doesn't move well at all. And again, AJ has a deadly right, but his left is nothing special, to put it mildly. He's gotten as far as he has because with only 2 exceptions, he's faced total creampuffs for his entire pro career. - And even Breazeale did absolutely nothing in the ring. He looked like he was drugged, or maybe paid off.

LITERALLY the only pro opponent that even threw a few meaningful punches at AJ was Whyte, and he almost knocked AJ out.

As for Ugonoh, while he looks the goods, he hasn't faced anyone with a right hand like AJ's, and his defense has yet to be really tested, so I could easily see AJ landing one and taking Ugonoh out. - But even if that happened, I'd consider Ugonoh the better fighter, just a guy who needs a little ore experience.

And yes, I really, REALLY dislike AJ, for a number of reasons. I suppose that may color my opinion bit, but I assure you I'm trying to give my honest, objective opinion here.

That's fair enough, CA.

Just watched some YouTube clips of him. Looks pretty athletic and mobile to be fair. Will keep an eye out.

Breazeale looked bad even in his succesful wins, like against Consuegra and Mansour, so Izu seems like a favorite here. But being unexperienced, everything is possible.

the Consuega fight is just about when he started to fall off. - Although even in that fight, after a typical slow start, he finished rather spectacularly. Watch Breazele's fights just before that: Bisbal (another slow start but then 3 rounds of total domination) and Aquilera.

- Vs Aquilera, Breazeale looked a beast, and he did everything well: Jab, balance, accuracy. He also kept his guard up and never showed any defensive holes. THAT'S the guy I was hyped on. He's been a shadow of that fighter in the last 2 years. My guess is that he sort of gave up, and / or just doesn't train much.

If THAT guy steps into the ring with Ugonoh, it's a competitive fight. If the Breazeale that faced Kassi shows up tomorrow, it won't go 3 rounds.

--- Here is what may prove to be Wilder's biggest weakness in this fight, those toothpick legs:

http://www.ringtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Wilder-Camp-Visit-January-26_-2017_02_25_2017_Ryan-Hafey-_-Premier-Boxing-Champions10-770x433.jpg

Now compare to Tommy Hearns who was also tall for his weight, but somehow his legs seem more proportional.

CATENABoxing-Legends-Hearns-Leonard-II-action..gif

OK, even I have to admit, Wilder looked like ass last night.

Nothing needs to be said, it was all obvious. The odd thing is, he USED to be a much better fighter, and I don't attribute that to weaker opposition. Wilder used to have much better footwork. He used to throw combinations, and was extremely accurate until unleashing his trademark, sloppy-but-overwhelming closer. He used to jab better. He used to keep his balance & protect his chin.

WTF did I just see last night? He looked like a beginner, pulled off the street.

Maybe it's time for a new trainer?

The ref stopped the Wilder fight far to quickly(in my humble opinion of course)

Definitely, although in retrospect Washington was indeed finished.

- but the ref could not have known that at the time he stepped in, so it was rather fishy.