Granados vs Broner SPOILER

LondonRingRules

--- Speaking of stink and here comes Boner in his latest hometowndisgrace. Most of his offense was grabbing, lacing, elbows and forearms and most of his defense was getting beat up by a light but busy Adrian Grandos. Ref was terrible and sad to see Al Bernstein trying to prop him up.

Boner wins in split scores 97-93 and 96-94. I had it granados shutout with one rd even. Granados was entertaining and non stop and without him there would be no fight.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Granados vs Broner SPOILER

I had Granados by a couple points. Broner landed cleaner more effective punches, but he wasn't busy enough. And Granados pushed him around for most of each and every round. Also a ton of illegal tactics by Broner. Several elbows, pushing his head down, clinching and pushing off.

--- Think he has 5 losses now, all arguable split/majority decisions.

He's a light puncher with no big shot connections, so he's at the whim of hostile officiating in spite of good skills and fighting ability. His career the reason why kids no longer aspire to be boxers, but he made some fans, so maybe some hope for granados down the road.

Glad to see I'm no the only one that had Granados winning easily. Not every round, but a clear victory.

On another forum, virtually every fan said either Broner by a point, or a draw. And these are supposed "educated" boxing fans. Puhleeez.

Most telling were the Sho-stats, which went right with the pre-written script, actually claiming Broner landed more total punches. Shostats must have been tallied by Kelly Anne Conway that night.

I also chuckled (sadly) every time the commentators talked about what an accurate puncher Broner is. Say what? And in this fight particularly, his accuracy was total shit. He landed a few good blows, for sure, but he missed way more than he landed, and probably 75% of his total output was blocked.

Granados also controlled the pace & action, for basically 100% of the fight. Everybody claims this is supposed to count in scoring until "the other guy" does it.

-------------------

Poor Granados is one of the most-robbed fighters in boxing today. How do guys like this keep going?

Edited by Cableaddict