Roberto Duran's emotional reunion with Tommy Hearns

BoztheMadman

Re: Roberto Duran's emotional reunion with Tommy Hearns

Met both of these guys, both were really polite and respectful.

Interesting that Duran beat Barkley and Leonard, and also lasted 15rds with Hagler, yet Tommy lost to them and lasted 2 and a bit rds with Hagler, despite being much bigger, faster and a harder puncher, and also almost took Roberto out in one rd.

I knew a guy who did paintings of boxers, and when Tommy heard that he had done one of him, he paid for the guy to fly over to see him. A really nice guy Tommy is.

Fun to see. Thanks, Boz.

I think Roberto's English has gotten a little better!

- but Seckback is such a tool.....

Ray Leonard always said that Duran could actually speak English, but for some reason (maybe to keep his mystique?) he chose not to.

I suppose another reason could be that he could listen to what people were saying, without them knowing that he was able to understand them, which would be useful around people like Don King.

Ray Leonard always said that Duran could actually speak English, but for some reason (maybe to keep his mystique?) he chose not to.

I suppose another reason could be that he could listen to what people were saying, without them knowing that he was able to understand them, which would be useful around people like Don King.

Maybe because he always spoke in a thick accent and was embarrassed about it?