Roy Jones vs Bobby Gunn

LondonRingRules

--- Gonna be a done deal in 3 more days.

Vacant WBF Cruiser title the prize, but me thinks Roy laying the groundwork for the long fancied Anderson Silva fight now that both in their twilight years. Gunn the world bareknucks champ, 73-0, 73 KOs! Green and Mundine made $3mil apiece at the start of the month, so money always sets the table.

Re: Roy Jones vs Bobby Gunn

SPOILER$$$$$$

--- A slow fight as expected from the combined 91 years of th two.

With me being currently plagued by a bad knee, I related to the way Jones skated around on shaky legs, but once he ironed out the aches, pains, and creaks, he found his timing to unload that stumbled Gunn at the end of the 7th. Gunn retired in his corner allowing jones to go from 50th to 49th in boxrec rankings. Saw the fight on dailymotion, but beast in the boxrec current scene has the highlights.

A truly underwhelming fight, as expected.

- but like London says, once Roy sort of loosened up & settled down, you could actually see glimpses of the once-great, not even human athlete that he was. Once again, he played with his dinner like a cat with a mouse. - Just this time, both the cat & the mouse were old & slow.

I actually kind of enjoyed seeing it, but MAN that had better be his swan song.

Also - who was that little female firecracker in the last bout? "Iggy" or something? I'm not into female boxing at all, but she REALLY looked the goods.

Edited by Cableaddict

With such promotion Jones Jr. can actually fight up to 60 in Russia. I've seen plenty of comments on youtube expressing excitment about RJJ beating "undefeated" (bar knuckle record) and "younger" (just 5 years!) opponent. What next for him? Jeff Monson, Steven Seagal, ... ? I can't believe how Russians can both make such quality events as Ryabinsky's shows and really care about those "Jones Junior being Russian" freak fights,