[SPOILER ]Indongo vs Burns + undercards

BoztheMadman

Re: Indongo vs Burns

I'm not gonna pretend to know enough about Indongo. Only seen that one fight. But i would be slightly concerned if i was Burns and his team. He can crack, and he's long. Can he be outboxed? It's possible. Just feel Indongo has more in the tank at this point in his career. But i'm still picking Ricky to win a UD. Doubt the crowd effects Indongo, the home judging and ref on the other hand might be an issue.

I'm not gonna pretend to know enough about Indongo. Only seen that one fight. But i would be slightly concerned if i was Burns and his team. He can crack, and he's long. Can he be outboxed? It's possible. Just feel Indongo has more in the tank at this point in his career. But i'm still picking Ricky to win a UD. Doubt the crowd effects Indongo, the home judging and ref on the other hand might be an issue.

Yeah, you said it...the fight is in Burns' homeland and they are known to be partial there. Zlaticanin fight is the perfect example: Dejan totally shut out Burns and still one judge scored it for Burns! I didn't have him winning more than 3 rounds in that fight. And he was even down once.

• 2 months later...

Re: Indongo vs Burns, who wins?

Julius Indongo: I am undefeated and have no doubts that I will stay that way

Julius Indongo has told Ricky Burns that the hometown fans won’t help him when they clash in a World Super-Lightweight unification showdown at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Saturday night (April 15) live on Sky Sports

Indongo is looking to add Burns’ WBA strap to the IBF and IBO belts he won in spectacular fashion in December when he travelled to Russia in his first fight outside of his homeland of Namibia and delivered a devastating one-punch KO win over champion Eduard Troyanovsky.

That was a third straight win inside the distance for the 34 year old who carries raw power and is a nightmare on paper as a tall, rangy Southpaw.

Indongo feels that his win in Russia has been dismissed as a fluke though, and he is coming to Scotland to prove that he’s the real deal.

“We’re focused and ready,” said Indongo. “I’ve polished the tools and technique for the fight. He’s picked us which is fine with me. It’s not easy to fight someone in their backyard but you need to make sure that you are totally prepared for the task.

Read more: Julius Indongo: I am undefeated and have no doubts that I will stay that way - - Boxing News - Ring News24

-----------------------------

Ricky Burns: This is the fight I wanted

Ricky Burns is gunning for the ultimate birthday present this weekend as he aims to add Julius Indongo’s IBF and IBO World titles to his own WBA Super-Lightweight title in their unification clash at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Saturday night (April 15) live on Sky Sports.

Burns turned 34 today and came face-to-face with the Namibian at their pre-fight press conference in Glasgow.

The Rickster welcomes the unbeaten Southpaw to the venue of his moment of history in May when he became Scotland’s first three-weight World champion with an eighth round stoppage win over Michele Di Rocco.

Burns defended his crown for the first time with a dogged display against impressive mandatory challenger Kiryl Relikh in October. Indongo is the third man to test Burns in the Hydro cauldron, and Burns is in no mood to let slip another chance to create a piece of history as he aims to continue his remarkable career at the very top.

“When I first started out you always think about winning belts and being in massive fights, but I never set myself any targets,” said Burns. “I just worked hard and when I got the chances, I took them and it paid off. I’ve had a few bad nights and it took me a while to move down to Essex and get used to training with Tony, but it’s clicked now.

Read more: Ricky Burns: This is the fight I wanted - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Yeah, you said it...the fight is in Burns' homeland and they are known to be partial there. Zlaticanin fight is the perfect example: Dejan totally shut out Burns and still one judge scored it for Burns! I didn't have him winning more than 3 rounds in that fight. And he was even down once.

I think judging generally looks better now. At least Ian-John Lewis is not scheduled for this fight ;-)

Re: [spoiler ]Indongo vs Burns + undercards

Joining it late but Scotty Cardle vs Robbie Barrett looking a good fight.

Same. Got in around the 9th round. Wonder what happened in the first 8. Commentators making it sound like Barrett is leading on the cards.

Charlie Edwards always a step ahead of Iain Butcher. Won by a clear margin on my scorecard. Weight issues hampered Butcher, who just couldn’t close the gap.

Surprised it was so wide. I was expecting a close fight but Butcher just didn't turn up.

Rounds 1-6

Burns game plan is all wrong. He's standing off Indongo too much and letting Indongo hit the body and throw eye catching combinations. The majority of shots are hitting Burns gloves but he's looking good doing so and after six rounds its either 5-1 or 6-0 to Indongo. Disappointed with Burns so far.

Crowd doing their best to raise Burns performance.

Burns is one of the fittest fights around but tonight he didn't have a second wind and didn't look as fit as he has done in the past. I'm wondering if he had a bad camp????

Is it just me or does Burns look thicker tonight? Maybe doing more strength and conditioning? His shoulders, belly, chest and back looked thicker to me or am I imagining things?

Used to seeing Burns throw lots more shots and being full on energy at the end of fights. All over for Burns unless he can get a KO and the odds of that can be compared to winning the lottery :mlol: