Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2017?

WelshDevilRob

Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2017?

by Anthony George aka Zute

Floyd Mayweather Jr. seems to be enjoying retirement. He is fully committed to developing and promoting fighters under his TMT umbrella. Yet, some people think he will return to the boxing ring in 2017. One boxing insider guaranteed me; as little as 4 months ago, Floyd will fight in 2017; to bring his record to 50-0. I do not by it. I did not by it after his farewell fight with Andre Berto, where many people were stating Floyd’s retirement would not last long, and I do not buy it now. I guess it is hard to let go of a good thing. But we need to let it go.

If you listen to Floyd talk, he is done with competitive boxing matches. He has had this mindset ever since the Pacquiao fight; hence the handpicked choice of Berto for fight 49. You mention Thurman, Porter. Garcia, and the like, and Floyd cannot utter the words retirement fast enough. Floyd is not interested in coming back to the grind against a young, top fighter, and, based on the PPV numbers for Berto, the fans are not interested in any of his nonsense fights anymore. So, forget it boxing fans. The 49-0 is baked in the cake. Although, there is one fight Floyd is very interested in. The fans will be very interested in it as well. An asterisk if you will.

Read more: Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2017? - - Boxing News - Ring News24

----------------------------

Will he return this year to break Marciano's record or has he quit for good?

Re: Will Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight in 2017?

I don't see him fighting anymore. Unless it's for the money. But he has a shit ton of that at the moment. I think he's more concerned with protecting that 0 in the lost column. Personally i don't think he's all that great of a promoter either.

--- Bragged about 9 figures being offer last year in spite of only pulling 300k for Berto.

Of course he bragged about being a billionaire in his first retirement a decade ago before the irs put a lien on his JMM/Mosley fights for back taxes, but did he ever really fight or just run ?

I don't see him fighting anymore. Unless it's for the money. But he has a shit ton of that at the moment. I think he's more concerned with protecting that 0 in the lost column. Personally i don't think he's all that great of a promoter either.

Right on all counts. Floyd never has enough money the way he spends it and it'll probably get to the point that he simply HAS to comeback, however I DON'T think that will be the case in 2017. I do expect it at some point and even though he'd love to hold the 0, he'll eventually be forced to. I can't see him being a successful promoter based on what we've seen so far.