Michael Conlan's pro debut at MSG Theatre March 17th.

repsac

Re: Michael Conlan's pro debut at MSG Theatre March 17th.

Is this the gobby irish lad who was a bit robbed at the Olympics and told BBC exactly what he thought of the amateur boxing governing body in his interview? :haha:

i like millions watched the biggest heist in history take place live on tv and what more it was judges that done it. it was clearly a fix that was fucken dirty 3-0 are you kidding me Conlans never won a round i could understand if the judges where ray charles stevie wonder and the bird from the hello music video i think Conlons reaction summed it up best so looking forward to his pro start im sure hell get a fairer crack at the whip.

• 1 month later...

They've seen the Irish fans at the UFC following McGregor and want an Irish boxing champ so they have some of the same

Hi and thanks for commenting. Apparently I have been bullying you, and have been told off, so I was going to ignore anything you posted, even if it was offensive.

However, I will just explain once more, to you, and anyone who does not know how me being accused of looking for arguments came about.

There is a thread called "guys you enjoyed seeing lose". You listed Curry v Honeyghan, I simply asked if you disliked Curry, or did you enjoy the fight because you were a Honeyghan fan. I asked this because I had never heard anyone say a bad word against Curry, and also to make conversation. The reply I received was, "take a day off man". I wondered why you would say that, so I asked if there was a problem, to which you replied, "yeah, you are a pain in the ass" . And somehow, from that, I am a trouble maker! I am fairly sure that your first msg to me was "Wilder is a bum hunter plain and simple", my reply was, "I don't agree, but don't want to make enemies". I know you know this already, but this is for the benefit of others,who might get the wrong impression, from listening to someone who obviously has an agenda.

I hope he can go really far, thought he was brilliant in speaking up for himself at the olympics and the only dissappointment was that it didn't have more of an impact. Sadly the amateur game will continue to lose out as these judging decisions happen all across the country and turn the youngsters away from boxing (especially from the smaller gyms) (another topic for another day though)

will be keeping an eye on him with interest as get the feeling he'll test himself each fight

--- The impact Conlan had was the spector of a young telegenic Irishman giving the international finger to the corruption of the Olympics to land on all fours with tv appearances and lucrative toprank contract.

Also 30 something judges got the boot as the Olympics in general scramble to save a failing institution. I stopped watching AMA boxing ages ago, but interesting how they are moving to a pro overlap and may soon have their own pro league and belts as pro boxing have moved to Olympic touch scoring during the TUE era without actually changing the rules of scoring. Conlan was lucky for being the perfect guy in the perfect moment and perfect finger. He's set in the short term at very least which ain't shabby for an Irish boxer who failed to advance and "disrespected" the sport.

Note to the wise: Best keep your finger holstered around arum!

Hi and thanks for commenting. Apparently I have been bullying you, and have been told off, so I was going to ignore anything you posted, even if it was offensive.

However, I will just explain once more, to you, and anyone who does not know how me being accused of looking for arguments came about.

There is a thread called "guys you enjoyed seeing lose". You listed Curry v Honeyghan, I simply asked if you disliked Curry, or did you enjoy the fight because you were a Honeyghan fan. I asked this because I had never heard anyone say a bad word against Curry, and also to make conversation. The reply I received was, "take a day off man". I wondered why you would say that, so I asked if there was a problem, to which you replied, "yeah, you are a pain in the ass" . And somehow, from that, I am a trouble maker! I am fairly sure that your first msg to me was "Wilder is a bum hunter plain and simple", my reply was, "I don't agree, but don't want to make enemies". I know you know this already, but this is for the benefit of others,who might get the wrong impression, from listening to someone who obviously has an agenda.

We all have opinions but unfortunately you seem to take everything like a personal attack for some reason, forget about what was posted yesterday and the day before, this is a different thread with a different topic so just stick to it and try not to dredge up the past, we both have our own opinions and that's the way it should be, if they're different then so be it

NOT ARGUING, but just have to say, calling me a pain in the ass, WAS a personal attack...but then I was the one who got told off for it! And why was I a pain in the ass? Because I had asked if you disliked Donald Curry.

Be fair, how am I NOT going to feel a sense of injustice when I was then accused of trying to cause arguments with "everyone"? Specially since I have tried so hard to befriend people, even those I know have always been awkward with me, or sarcastic.

I have not argued with anyone whatsoever. I have merely given my opinions on Wilder being accused of dodging people and on Haye supposedly faking his injury. I did not force my view, I did not go mental at anyone who dared to disagree, which was more or less exactly what I was supposed to have done.

Then on top of that, I am accused of turning boxing debates into ego trips about myself. This is whilst having a polite conversation with the guy who accused me, because we were both at the same event, and HE was asking ME questions and telling me HIS experiences. So again, how am I NOT going to take this personal?

We were never arguing were we? You said "Wilder was a bum hunter, plain and simple", which is a forceful opinion. I replied, "I don't agree, but don't want to make enemies" and that is far less forceful, but I apparently am forcing my opinions, and nothing is right unless it comes out of my mouth.

Ok, so we are not enemies right! Andy Foster, nice to meet you.

the amateurs is great to watch sometimes but it does have it's massive shortcomings and from what i can see, every effort is made to stop you dissenting against the judges which imo leaves it open to massive corruption. I don't like the idea they don't want to call it amateur anymore (can't remember what they want to name but I ain't using it), and it is heartbreaking seeing the young kids travelling 'away' knowing there's a chance they're gonna get robbed grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. as much as i love this sport i hate it sometimes too.

NOT ARGUING, but just have to say, calling me a pain in the ass, WAS a personal attack...but then I was the one who got told off for it! And why was I a pain in the ass? Because I had asked if you disliked Donald Curry.

Be fair, how am I NOT going to feel a sense of injustice when I was then accused of trying to cause arguments with "everyone"? Specially since I have tried so hard to befriend people, even those I know have always been awkward with me, or sarcastic.

I have not argued with anyone whatsoever. I have merely given my opinions on Wilder being accused of dodging people and on Haye supposedly faking his injury. I did not force my view, I did not go mental at anyone who dared to disagree, which was more or less exactly what I was supposed to have done.

Then on top of that, I am accused of turning boxing debates into ego trips about myself. This is whilst having a polite conversation with the guy who accused me, because we were both at the same event, and HE was asking ME questions and telling me HIS experiences. So again, how am I NOT going to take this personal?

We were never arguing were we? You said "Wilder was a bum hunter, plain and simple", which is a forceful opinion. I replied, "I don't agree, but don't want to make enemies" and that is far less forceful, but I apparently am forcing my opinions, and nothing is right unless it comes out of my mouth.

Ok, so we are not enemies right! Andy Foster, nice to meet you.

I'm not on here to make enemies, I only want to discuss boxing so I'm happy to forget about the past Andy