What did you make of Whyte vs Chisora Result/Fight

The_budweiser

MARK TIBBS LAUNCHES MICROPHONE AT DERECK CHISORA

DERECK CHISORA THROWS TABLE AT DILLIAN WHYTE & CONFRONTS EDDIE HEARN & ADAM SMITH

Why doesn't the governing body do something about these idiots? There seems to be no deterrent and they can basically do what they want.

Boxing learns fighters discipline :mlol:

I don't blame Tibbs for throwing the microphone as the table hit him in the head and no doubt he was pissed.

re: What did you make of Whyte vs Chisora Result/Fight

It's all gone too far this bullshit now and for me is hurting the creditability (if there's any left?) of the sport!

Chisora involved in most of the very worst events in the last several years, Haye Bellow causing scenes recently, Whyte somehow from obscurity and famous for being smashed by AJ is some boxing badboy, apparently.

Joshua has shown you don't need any of this shit to create hype, buzz and money!!

The BBBoC should enforce fines on the Promoter. It's them, I'd imagine, who insist on these numerous press conferences, which to me appear to serve no purpose whatsoever! The promoter loves shit like this because it makes coverage on the news, and gets the fight know to the public and so generates interest and money. Eddie Hearn won't care if the image of the sport is being damaged if it ensures his pockets are lined.

Maybe if belts were on the line, the governing body would issue fines to the boxers whom represent their organisation as either a belt holder or the current ranked challenger. Again, the fine goes to the promoter, so they would have to ensure their fighter fucking behaves.

The sad thing is, the casual knuckle draggers lap it up, they see the highlights on social media and sky sports news and suddenly become well up for watching these bafoons have a legalised street fight. And much like fucking annoying adverts it works! It generates interest and gets talked about. So why would they want to try and stop these things happening when it makes something not very noteworthy become a money spinner?

No one is talking about AJ - Molina anymore. They're expecting AJ to smash him in a few rounds. People are talking about pricks throwing tables and Haye/Bellew having a bit of mither.

The same as with the head to head fiasco program. I don't watch these, they are fucking cringeworthy and awful. Serving no purpose but to stir up the braindead masses. The types who, year on year, continue to watch X-Factor, Geordie Housewife Sluts in Essex and Celebrity Jungle "look at me" fame hungry cunts;- for months on end, slowly rotting their minds and ensuring this tripe stays on our screens for the forseeable!

Boxing is supposed to be about discipline and respect, but both of these things seem to have been and got lost somewhere along the line and it's a sad state of affairs.

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dereck-Chisora-during-his-work-out.jpg

5 Times Dereck Chisora Provoked Mayhem In And Out Of The Ring

by Lee Skavydis

Anthony Joshua may be the headliner for Saturday night’s star studded Matchroom promoted card in Manchester but it looks as if the bout between Dereck Chisora and Dillian Whyte could possibly be the one to steal the evening if the build up is anything to go by! The general consensus is that Joshua should have an easy night against Eric Molina in what will be his second title defence, but the contest between Chisora and Whyte could very well be a true 50/50 and will surely be the main reason that many will tune in on Sky Sports Pay Per View for.

Meanwhile, Chisora has got people talking again by causing another disturbance at the press conference with Whyte today when he threw a table in his opponent’s direction. Luckily nobody was hurt and it is unclear as to whether the BBBoC will issue any kind of penalty as of yet. However, this is hardly the first time that the former world title challenger has landed himself in hot water, as this article is about to prove.

Dereck Chisora v Vitali Klitschko

Read more: 5 Times Dereck Chisora Provoked Mayhem In And Out Of The Ring - - Boxing News - Ring News24

--- Yeah, but he was smart enough not to throw the table at Hearn.

Its just staged goonery for the new dumbed down generation. I used to have to pick off chairs before they could be used as bludgeons at the mental health ward where thse guys would've landed back in the day. What's utterly nonprofessional about this is picking up an injury before a lucrative fight

At least Chisora didn't spit on the table before throwing it.

Clowns, indeed.

They should replace the ring girls with actual strippers / pole dancers.

The fighters could enter the ring riding on trained elephants.

--- Yeah, but he was smart enough not to throw the table at Hearn.

Its just staged goonery for the new dumbed down generation. I used to have to pick off chairs before they could be used as bludgeons at the mental health ward where thse guys would've landed back in the day. What's utterly nonprofessional about this is picking up an injury before a lucrative fight

Don't think there was anything staged about it, judging by the verbals at Hearn straight after. Chisora just doesn't seem to be able to control himself.

BBBoC ruling on Whyte vs Chisora

Dillian Whyte and Dereck Chisora will still fight in a WBC World Heavyweight title eliminator at the Manchester Arena on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

The British Boxing Board of Control held an emergency meeting in Manchester on Thursday afternoon to discuss the clash between the pair at their press conference on Wednesday.

The Board ruled that Chisora would be handed a suspended two-year suspension, a £25,000 fine plus £5,000 costs and that Whyte’s British title would not be on the line.

Both fighters will weigh-in at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester tomorrow but at separate times and will not face-off.

Source: BBBoC ruling on Whyte vs Chisora - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Don't think there was anything staged about it, judging by the verbals at Hearn straight after. Chisora just doesn't seem to be able to control himself.

Of course it was staged. Chisora wouldn't chance getting banned by the commission.

Look at how light that table was: Super-thin pedestal legs, and probably stiff cardboard for the top.

No serious venue would normally have cheap furniture like that. They buy & use heavy industrial stuff, so it holds up. Those tables wouldn't even support weight on the front & back, since the leg bottoms did not extend front & back. They were obviously constructed specifically for this spectacle.

Also note how Chisora picked the table up: He grabbed it by the top edge, in front of him. There is no way he could have picked up a normal table like that, so if this had been real, he would have reached for the sides, or maybe underneath. He simply HAD to know ahead of time that it was super-light.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Not unusual to have pressors in an event room set aside for wedding/speeches/trade shows using folding tables and chairs.

Really, Chisora, whyte, and BBbc already a disgrace to boxing, so Hearn as promoter tapping into that disgrace no different than prez rump and other reality tv programs, the heights of modern 3rd millennium western civilization. Even grin by gavvy to miss grousing over it when it's gone!

Edited by LondonRingRules

The Board ruled that Chisora would be handed a suspended two-year suspension, a £25,000 fine plus £5,000 costs and that Whyte’s British title would not be on the line.

Of course it was staged. Chisora wouldn't chance getting banned by the commission.

FUCKING HELL, Cable!!?

Note: "a SUSPENDED two-year suspension." In other words:

" we officially suspend you, to make it look real, but hey we were only kidding! You can still fight."

As far as the fine, Chisora probably got twice that as an under-the-table bonus from Hearn, for helping him promote the fight.

-------------------------

No wait, you're right: Chisora took a chance on ACTUALLY being banned for life, and also took a chance on seriously injuring several people, which would have bankrupted him. Sure. He's really that crazy. Of course. What was I thinking?

- and the venue routinely uses those crap tables, with no front support, because they ALSO love to get sued when accidents happen.

Silly me.

Edited by Cableaddict

Why did you butcher and remove 90% of my post making me look totally fucking stupid, Cable? :whistle:

Fixed it for you.

- And what's so bad about what I quoted? It doesn't take anything out of context.

Dude. So angry ......

Edited by Cableaddict

Why did you butcher and remove 90% of my post making you look totally fucking stupid, Cable? :whistle:

--- Sometimes in his excitement Cab hits the edit button on his smart phone instead of the quote button, so you're in good company here as we all scramble to right the wrongs of the boxing universe.

Sorry Cable but these venues use cheap folding trestle table all the time - I've worked in places like that. I could pick them and throw them and I'm about 50lbs lighter than Chisora!

Yeah, those table are super light and a little more stronger than a flimsy pasting table.

They should of been issuing fines and threats like this at the start when Chisora was acting out in previous fights and maybe it wouldn't of went this far.

Good stance by the BBBofC but too late.

Fixed it for you.

- And what's so bad about what I quoted? It doesn't take anything out of context.

Dude. So angry ......

What did you fix, exactly?

You kept 3 words of my original post so the context of what I said after "Fucking hell, Cable" was lost you mong.

There's no need to remove other people's words and paragraphs that show you up to be a total loon as you do a good enough job of that yourself via your own posts.

:nono:

Dillian Whyte vs Dereck Chisora. The fight was exciting and hard fought. Both men took tremndous shots and showed grit and determination. The fight went the full twelve and was scored to Whyte via split decision (115-113, 115-114 + 114-115).

A fight that lived up to the hype!

Re: What did you make of Whyte vs Chisora Result/Fight

I don't want to see anyone's posts edited whether in a joke or because they offended you. Each member is entitled to their own opinion. If the member's post is overly offensive or aggressive then give infraction points. Only on rare occasions should a post be edited i.e racism, threats. Offending posts can always be moved to the Staffroom for the rest of the moderation team to view.

On the Post in Question - is there any need for that kind of language with a person who has an opposing opinion? Answer is - No. Keep it clean, guys.

After all the bad blood and chaotic build up, I thought it was going to be a scrappy, dirty fight. I was wrong. It was Chisora's best performance since the klitschko fight, easily the best fight on the card. I've read some comments that Whyte only got the nod because he's a Matchroom fighter, not sure how true that is... It could have easily gone either way, or even a draw wouldn't have been surprising.

What did you fix, exactly?

You kept 3 words of my original post so the context of what I said after "Fucking hell, Cable" was lost you mong.

There's no need to remove other people's words and paragraphs that show you up to be a total loon as you do a good enough job of that yourself via your own posts.

:nono:

There's no point in quoting an entire long post when you are only responding to part of it. That's standard journalistic practice.

And "Fixed it for you" refers to the change in MY post, not yours, which is also standard (humorous) forum practice.

Dude, grow the fuck up.

Edited by Cableaddict