Just had a chat with Marlon Starling

BoztheMadman

Yes, I just had a short but nice chat with a certain mr. Marlon Starling sr, aka Magic Man. :cool: I had sent him a friend request on FB and he accepted it and it wasn't until about a month later that I dared to talk to him. To my slight surprise and delight, he responded at once. First I thanked him for accepting me, then I told him he was amazing and that I really enjoy watching his fights, which is ofc all true. Then I told him my probably favorite fight of his was the second Breland fight, to which he replied:"Yes they stole that one, it was not a draw." And then I told him I shared his view on Mayweather, had he been fighting in his time he would not be undefeated to which he simply replied:"That's right!!" But then, he said "But he's a good person, I like him." Which means his comments about Floyd were purely objective, there was no grudge in them or anything like that, just simply his own professional observation. Then I asked what he thought about Keith Thurman, to which he just said "He's ok." Did you fight Floyd sr, I asked. "Yes, two times. Beat him." And finally, I asked who was the best fighter he ever fought and he said:"Curry was the best." And then he said he had to go. Unfortunately. Didn't get to ask him about Michael Nunn fight or the Molinares knockout, but perhaps it is better, or otherwise he might have removed me from his list, lol.