David Haye fighting on December 10th - Who will be the opponent?

WelshDevilRob

David Haye has announced he will be returning to the ring on December 10 against a yet-to-be named opponent.

The former WBA world heavyweight champion has fought twice in 2016 following almost four years out, registering quick knockout victories over Mark de Mori in January and Arnold Gjergjaj in May.

Haye confirmed via his Twitter account that he is set to fight once more before the year is out, though no venue has yet been confirmed.

The 35-year-old tweeted on Wednesday evening: "Here's a small update. I'm fit, healthy & will be back in the ring on 10 Dec 2016. Opponent to be announced very soon. You'll be happy!"

His likely opponent appears to be American Shannon Briggs (60-6-1, 53KO), who fought on the same card as him at London's O2 Arena in May.

The pair have enjoyed a long-running war of words with Briggs pursuing Haye both on social media and in person, most notably when he chased the Londoner in Brooklyn, this July.

Briggs stepped up his pursuit of Haye on social media earlier on Wednesday, posting a flurry of messages urging Haye to sign a contract to fight him.

The caption on one message on Briggs' Instagram account read: "On sale now!!!! Hurry up and buy!!! #LETSGOCHAMP #LETSGOCHAMP #cowardappreciationdayakaHayeday #LETSGOCHAMP You know why I'm bombing on you today @mrdavidhaye sign now!!!

"The United Kingdom won't ever let you live it down. They won't support you. Ever. No mercy today. Shut down your #Instagram account and #twitter #LETSGOCHAMP"

Source: Skysports

---------------------------------

Three fights in a year :) Who will be the opponent?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: David Haye fighting on December 10th - Who will be the opponent?

David Haye has announced he will be returning to the ring on December 10 against a yet-to-be named opponent.

Gotta be The Chump or mebbes Frans - cant see it being AJ, as Hearn Sr has publically stated AJ vs Wlad is "80% done" for Nov.

Or Tate, the high dive artist best known for his 2 1/2 reverse-tuck in Zhang Zhilei's first pro "fight" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIe_BEHyqGE

Or this embarrassment: (Not Zhang, the OTHER embarrassment)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btjN3dG88NA

Edited by Cableaddict

Anyway we can start a GoFundMe for Oquendo to just go away? I'll chip in $10.

I'm rooting for Briggs to get this fight with Haye. I don't want Haye interfering with a Parker, Wlad, Joshua, Ruiz matchup.

Anyway we can start a GoFundMe for Oquendo to just go away? I'll chip in $10.

--- No way. Fres the #1p4p step aside mandatory in WBA history.

HOFer for sure and cushy job to boot. Got his manager and lawyers skimming the cream off the top of that legendary org...only in boxing!

Haye seems really excited about it so I'm going with David Price

Extremely doubtful. Price has already turned down two Eddie Hearn offers, stating (According to Hearn) that Price does not intend to fight again this year.

Plus, stylisitcally Haye is about the worst opponent I can think of for Price, short of Wilder.

Also, Team Price is NOT looking for a quality fight right now. Did you see the bum Price just fought? It was so offensively ridiculous (and most likely a dive) that I can't even find the words this time.

Most likely, Haye has no one lined up, and is desperately hoping to pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute, given the ridiculous state of the HW scene right now.

--------------------

Plus, who the heck is even available? Virtually locked in are:

Povetkin - Stiverne

Parker - Ruiz

Ortiz - Takam

That leaves:

AJ: Keep dreaming. He doesn't like opponents that actually, you know, punch back.

Wlad: Been there, done that.

Lucas Browne: Lucas will undoubtedly end up fighting either Wlad or AJ.

Pulev: See "Luca Browne."

Uh .......

Uh ........

Uh .........

Maybe Haye has his sights set on Baby Hughie, or Jennings, or Oquendo, or ....

- And none of those guys have ay reason to fight Haye. There's no money involved, and really no status to be gained. Haye is big risk / zero reward.

Edited by Cableaddict

David Price was my idea of a joke, hence the Haye being excited part, i really don't care who Haye fights or what reality show he'll turn up next on or even who he might have to glass to create interest

David Price was my idea of a joke, hence the Haye being excited part, i really don't care who Haye fights or what reality show he'll turn up next on or even who he might have to glass to create interest

You are forgiven, my son!

Plus, I'm sure Haye IS excited.

- But he's the only one who is. :laugh:

--- Well, Dave vs Dave on the Dave channel would pretty much top off his farcical comeback of the year credentials.

They could even have David Lee Roth be the ring announcer. (Remember the ORIGINAL "Dave TV" ? )

--- Well, Dave vs Dave on the Dave channel would pretty much top off his farcical comeback of the year credentials.

I'm available if they'll throw in two years with Bupa

A fucking non story by Sky....maybe they feel sorry for Haye so gave him a bit of coverage to try and get him an opponent!!

HI ALL!! I'm gonna fight in a fews months, but dunno who or where yet but....errr, yeah!!! Get excited!

Fuck off David you boring cunt.

If the rumour of Fury going into "The Jungle" is true, get Haye in there as welll......might be worth watching then....