Brook vs Eubank Jr - Who wins?

The_budweiser

Re: Brook vs Eubank Jr - Who wins?

A week ago I would have said Eubank, thinking that Jr was faster and more athletic. - But Brook moved so well against Golovkin, I no longer think that way.

I don't think the size difference will matter much. Golovkin may have broken Brook's orbital bone (do we know yet?) but otherwise was not really hurting him, so we now know Brook can REALLY take a punch. (Not having to drain down to 147 probably helped him a lot in this regard.)

Of course, we also know that Brook doesn't have MW KO power, so he'd likely have to win via a decision.

50 / 50 fight, IMO, between two VERY good boxers.

Of course, this fight will likely never happen. There absolutely no upside for Jr. Even if Brook were to clean out JMW, (and I don't see him getting past Charlo) there would STILL be no upside for Jr. James, I'm curious why you think these two will probably fight each other in the future?

Edited by Cableaddict

I'm still laughing about GGG saying that "Eubank is 50% clown, and 50% fighter."

He really said that? About Jr, not his dad?

I must say, I disagree.

Of course, Golovkin is probably just trash-talking in an attempt to get Jr into the ring. He's too knowledgable about boxing to really believe that.

I first thought Brook but after thinking about it I am not sure Brook is smart enough to beat Eubank. He fought the wrong fight against GGG when he should of moved more and used his footwork a bit like what Saunders did to Eubank early on. I'd pick Eubank but not by much.

I think Brook is better at the moment than Eubank bue he will be out of the rings for one year...

Woah - Is that correct? Has there been an official announcement?

If it IS true, then it might actually be a blessing for Brook: It will give him time & force him to work on a new approach, more suited to 154. He's going to need to expend less energy, and sit down on his punches more. Basically, he needs to do what Maidana did after losing to Alexander.

A year (+) off, if he stays focused & in the gym, and with a good 154 lb game plan, could be just what he needs. Remember who he has waiting for him when he returns!

"Arghhh, there be SHARKS in them waters!"

Brook pisses all over Eubank Jnr. Eubank Jr is a one trick pony = dangerous uppercut at BBBofC level but anyone worth his salt at World level will destroy him.

And while we're at it, Eu Jr wouldn't last as long as Brook with GGG. Although I can see this fight being made as its a good money spinner for GGG with a stadium full of sycophantic pissed up morons available to buy tickets for Eubank, and another easy win for the Kazakhstani.

Selij, I honestly think you are underestimating Eubank Jr. I hate his Dad as much as the next guy, but I see Jr as a guy with excellent athletic abilities & reflexes, and a fighter who is improving with every fight. I'm not sure how far he can go, but I'm actually a big fan.

It can also be said that Brook, as good as he looks, (and he does look VERY good) is a bit over-hyped. I mean, who has he fought, exactly?

I mean, who has he fought, exactly?

Showtime's unbeaten golden bollocks boy Porter was small potatoes was when Kell beat him, was he?

EDIT: I think sitoman333 is getting Eu Jr mixed up with A Mere Con who will be out for rest of year due to hand surgery.

Showtime's unbeaten golden bollocks boy Porter was small potatoes was when Kell beat him, was he?

EDIT: I think sitoman333 is getting Eu Jr mixed up with A Mere Con who will be out for rest of year due to hand surgery.

Yes, the Porter win was impressive and significant, but other than that.....

And let's face it, Porter is strong and aggressive, but also massively 1-dimensional.

I'm just saying, Brook has not really proven himself yet to be anything exceptional. (Although I think he probably will.)

If he fought Errol Spence Jr right now, I think he'd lose. I think Thurman probably beats him as well, though that's kinda' 50/50. Bradley also a tough fight. Vargas would also be REALLY tough. If he goes to 154 as expected, I think Jermall & Demetrius both take him out. Williams is 50 / 50. Jermell is winnable, but dangerous.

- But that's right NOW. Give him a year to adapt to 154 and things could be very different. I'd love to see him fight Trout or Vanes next. Both winnable fights that would really test (and develop) his skills.

Edited by Cableaddict