Vasyl Lomachenko Schedule

Jpreisser

While I am a big fan of the well-rounded southpaw, I believe he should take greater steps to up his work rate. Admiring his skill two times a year is better than nothing as a fan, I think we all would admit, but his legacy would be enhanced by taking a page out of Golovkin's and Kovalev's playbooks. After all, he can afford it, given the ease at which he dispatches his foes.

Re: Vasyl Lomachenko Schedule

I was little sceptical of Lomachenko until his last fight against Martinez, which stunned me. I don't think that his frequency of fight differs from average champion. I think his level of opposition between Russell and Martinez was very weak and if he would stuff his schedule with such opposition this won't help him.

--- He offered half his purse to Walters to make that fight, so short of returning to amateur to fight for free he can do no more than what he's done.

Blame greedy fighters and promoter feuds, not Loma. He makes more money, more fights and compelling fights than Rigomortis and I say this as an initial sceptic when he turned pro.

Only 7 fights is not a good rate. Could be that opponents or Lomachenko want too much money for each fight. Could've been having a few extra fights in the Ukraine to keep busy. Is Salido next?

It looks like Salido is next. I expect Lomachenko to do what no one has done in 16 years, and that is stop him.

--- He offered half his purse to Walters to make that fight, so short of returning to amateur to fight for free he can do no more than what he's done.

Blame greedy fighters and promoter feuds, not Loma. He makes more money, more fights and compelling fights than Rigomortis and I say this as an initial sceptic when he turned pro.

I am well aware that Lomachenko is trying to get the very best, but I have big doubts that Top Rank can't squeeze one or two extra guys in there a year. Golovkin is widely avoided, but he gets them. With that said, I would like to see Rigondeaux and Lomachenko have at it.

--- Blame Rigomortis who's 2 divisions south of Loma now and refuses to go up or down 4 lbs to make a fight.

Loma has 7 high end fights and not yet a full 3 years into his pro career, pretty much the standard rate for belt holders these days. He and golovkin have the same manager, tom loeffler, so why don't you ring him up for a proper explanation to your dilemma?