Has BJ Saunders retired?

Cableaddict

Re: Has BJ Saunders retired?

Yeah, most likely.

At the very end of the interview, he starts talking (briefly) about his next fight. Go figure ...

I thought Americans not getting irony was a myth? I mean no offence, it's just very obvious to me that he's spinning a yarn.

Edited by gavpowell

I thought Americans not getting irony was a myth? I mean no offence, it's just very obvious to me that he's spinning a yarn.

Nah, it's just when you Brits take a piss, you REALLY take a piss. :laugh:

Fooled me. ;-)

Wonder who he is fighting and where. He said in 11 months and abroad. Won;t be Curtis Stevens, Jacobs. Also seems like he is inline to face Canelo vs Smith winner.

He's pencilled in for the Canelo undercard apparently, but somehow I doubt the opponent's anything startling, in spite of what he says.

I do not understand how Saunders has not been chosen to fight GGG. I do not believe it for fear that Saunders has proven to be a very talented boxer and able to face the best.

He WAS offered the fight. He turned it down flat, literally admitting that he's not in Golovkin's league.

At least he was honest about it.

He WAS offered the fight. He turned it down flat, literally admitting that he's not in Golovkin's league.

At least he was honest about it.

Yeah, but I do believe if Hearn was his promoter he would of fought GGG due to the amount of money being involved regardless of if he thought he could win or not.

I don't think Warren can generate the same amount of money he used to compared to when he was with Sky.

--- That's likely it bud.

Most fighters would fight King Kong for a career purse save Lennox with the Vitali rematch and TUE with near a half dozen super fights. I'm thinking that's why golovkin and Canelo won't tangle til next year if they get through 2016 intact.

It still pains me that he beat my boy Andy Lee but at least me beat Eubank Jr!!

Same here. I was (still am) a big Andy Lee fan / supporter, going waaaay back.

I don't have a problem with that MD, though. Damn close fight, but Billy Joe fought a brilliantly that night.

• 3 weeks later...

Evidently, Billy Joe just turned down an offer to fight Gabriel Rosado!

He has also turned down Willie Monroe, Curtis Stevens, Danny Jacobs (for a summer 2016 bout) and of course GGG.

Maybe he HAS retired. :noidea:

Just how good is his golf game? :laugh:

Edited by Cableaddict