Anthony Crolla vs Jorge Linares 24/09/16, who you pickin?

JrGooNer

Anthony Crolla to take on Jorge Linares on the 24th September 2016 at the Manchester Arena for a unification bout including the WBA, WBC Diamond and RING titles

So turns out Eddie and co did have something better than Flanagan lined up for Anthony Crolla. Personally I'm excited about this fight both as a boxing fan and as a Crolla fan. To see him win the Ring belt would be amazing. What do you lot think? Should he have just taken the offer from frank for the Terry Flanagan unification..

Link to Article

Edited by JrGooNer

Re: Anthony Crolla vs Jorge Linares 24/09/16

Been seeing on Twitter since this got announced all the :boxing31: army are accusing Eddie and Crolla of ducking by taking this fight. They are all truly gutted about this. One Flanagan fan was like ''Guess we wont get to find out who the best in Manchester is now then seeing as Eddie has ducked us''.. I'm a bit lost for words tbh BEST IN MANCHESTER! :mlol:

Winner should fight against Zlaticanin. Another great fight.

I think Crolla has earned the right for a couple of easy-ish voluntaries if he comes out of this one on top. Maybe Flanagan can fight either Barroso or Perez if he wants to earn the right to fight Crolla

new article..

[h=1]Anthony Crolla fight could be gone for good - warns Terry Flanagan[/h]

Edited by JrGooNer

Yes, Crolla deserves easier fight, but defence against Zlaticanin may be WBC requirment. If I'm right Zlaticanin still holds WBC belt and winner of unification gets "in recess" belt.

Could you ever imagine Frank Warren in such a dangerous match up when he had "easier"/safer options for his cash cows?

Ducking :haha:

I know Eddie gets some stick on here and elsewhere, but he occassionally takes risks! There are fights out there for Crolla to milk a few more wins infront of a packed out Mancehster Arena, but he's chucked him in here!

Been seeing on Twitter since this got announced all the :boxing31: army are accusing Eddie and Crolla of ducking by taking this fight. They are all truly gutted about this. One Flanagan fan was like ''Guess we wont get to find out who the best in Manchester is now then seeing as Eddie has ducked us''.. I'm a bit lost for words tbh BEST IN MANCHESTER! :mlol:

Hey, we're a city of hard knocks mate, being the best in the city is not to be sniffed at!! ;-)

Very good matchup. The experts think that Linares is the favorite in this one but Million Dollar improves in every fight he is. If anthony can do some damage early to linares thank i think he can stop him. Anthony defense and his workrate compard with his pressure style would be the key to a victory

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Anthony Crolla vs Jorge Linares 24/09/16, who you pickin?

Crolla sees flaws in Linares

Anthony Crolla says he’s Jorge Linares is the best fighter he’s faced – but believes there are flaws he can exploit as they clash for the WBA, WBC Diamond and vacant Ring magazine Lightweight titles at the Manchester Arena on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

Crolla welcomes Linares into his hometown fortress where he’s been so impressive in his last two outing – unleashing a pair of fiendish bodyshots to KO Darleys Perez to win the WBA crown in November and then destroy the dangerous Ismael Barroso in May.

‘Million Dollar’ would love to complete a hat-trick of KO wins in consecutive World title fights, but knows the three-weight Venezuelan star represents his hardest job to date in the paid ranks.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

I'm normally quite shrewd with boxing bets but i got my fingers badly burned in Crolla's last fight, i was really shocked at his progress but I'm going to try and get my money back with Linares as i think he'll be a little bit to good.

I love how Crolla has taken this instead of facing Flanagan, anything that makes Frank Warren squirm has to be a good thing as i can't stand the toad

Hope Crolla can do it, I really like the lad! A fellow Mancunian and top red (Manchester United fan)!

I think he has got to where he is through sheer hard work as opposed to boxing ability but absolutely fair fucks to the lad!!!

Maybe I underestimate his ability, probably due to some of his results in earlier years where he seemed about par with British level opponents, and I have simply predicted losses in his last 2/3 fights, but he keeps surprising.

This might be a bridge too far, but he may also be buoyed on by the Manchester crowd to victory!

A glance at Oddschecker shows a very close fight with the firms having Crolla as a slight favourite, so maybe they too have seemingly learnt from past outings not to write him off.

Unfortunately on Saturday I am playing a gig so will miss the live fight, but hopefully I can avoid hearing the result and see it the morning after.

Anthony Crolla v Jorge Linares : World Lightweight Title

John Ryder v Jack Arnfield : 12 Rounds Middleweight

Conor Benn v Ross Jameson : 6 Rounds Super-Lightweight

Callum Johnson v Willbeforce Shihepo : Commonwealth Light-Heavyweight Title

Hosea Burton v Fernando Castenada : 10 Rounds Light-Heavyweight

Manchester Arena , Sky Sports 2 HD (19:30)

------------

ANTHONY CROLLA v. JORGE LINARES

134.5 lbs. 134.1 lbs.

(Manchester) (Venezuela)