Why is Joshua still British Champion?

JrGooNer

I was under the impression that a fighter holding the British title holds onto it going into a world title shot and then is relinquished of it IF they win the world title where it then becomes vacant awaiting 2 willing and eligible contenders leading the rankings?

But looking at the rankings now Joshua is clearly down as the champion

Screenshot_1.jpg

Re: Why is Joshua still British Champion?

They just haven't updated there page if you check the BBBofC 8th June, British Championship Circular is says:

HEAVYWEIGHT (Vacant)

HUGHIE FURY v DILLIAN WHYTE

Hughie Fury withdrew from the above contest.

http://www.bbbofc.com/content/british-championship-circular-8th-june-2016

Aha, guess that answers that one then lol thanks mate

Was talk of Dillian Whyte facing David Allen for the vacant title but not sure if that's been rejected by the board. They should up date their champions list more often.

Whyte is to face Sam Sexton after the BBBofC ordered the fight to take place. Whyte wanted to face Allen as they don't like each other. Maybe if he beats Sexton he will face Allen next/

Whyte is to face Sam Sexton after the BBBofC ordered the fight to take place. Whyte wanted to face Allen as they don't like each other. Maybe if he beats Sexton he will face Allen next/

In my opinion Whyte would knock Allen clean out early doors but I think he'd do that to most heavyweights outside the top 5 right now. Dave Allen really wants this big fight from somewhere, I saw Tyan Booth ''interviewing?'' him and he was saying about how he decided to be more talkative because he didn't want to let his career slip by from him not promoting himself but the trouble is who does he beat. Would him and Price be a good fight?

Sam Sexton is a decent opponent for Dillian Whyte. Hopefully, Allen can beat someone to get a title shot.

Don't know much about Sexton but his stats say he's not got much power with only 8KOs in 22 and he's also been slept 3 times himself. He's gonna need power to have any chance of getting some respect from Dillian Whyte. I wonder if the stats are deceptive and he's just not been that desperate to finish people off?