Haye vs Bellew - Who would win?

David Haye responds to Tony Bellew and offers to knock him out

by Rob Day

David Haye responds to Tony Bellew and offers to knock him out - - Boxing News - Ring News24

--------------------------

After Tony Bellew beat Ilunga Makabu he called out David Haye. The Haywemaker has responed and offered to knock him out. :haha:

I'm sure Eddie Hearn would love to put this fight together. If it does happen who would win?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Haye vs Bellew - Who would win?

Haye will drop his heavyweight duties for this in a flash!

Represents a good opportunity for him to take on a domestic, gobshite rival and lead to good exposure.

It would probably give him a better ranking within the heavyweight division than knocking out another no hoper.

There could be some stumbling blocks though. Purse being one, Bellew being a world champion would probably demand more. If it was put onto Dave, that would be great. A world title fight on domestic UK television. But no doubt it would go pay per view!!

--- After beefing himself up, mr pink can no longer make cruiser, so it'd be a non title heavy fight that I doubt gets made.

If it does, a 100% guaranteed return on the bell end in this one. You could bet the farm on it and maybe cash in your ham futures as well...

--- After beefing himself up, mr pink can no longer make cruiser, so it'd be a non title heavy fight that I doubt gets made.

If it does, a 100% guaranteed return on the bell end in this one. You could bet the farm on it and maybe cash in your ham futures as well...

It's difficult to tell which one you refer to by "Bellend" to be honest?? :haha:

If Haye could make 205 or something like that it maybe agreeable?

I would think Tony Bellew would win a title fight at Cruiser-weight as David would really have to boil down-remember Roy Jones Jr was never the same after he moved up to heavy and back down again.

Haye would win, probably by knockout. Would be interesting to see if Haye comes down to cruiser, or Bellew moves up to heavy.

Haye would destroy Bellew. Bellew´s chin is terrible. But i don´t see Haye moving down to CW. And Bellew shouldn´t move up to HW. He has not enough skin to fill in yet:haha:

I think the winner would depend solely on weight class. Haye would sleep him no trouble but If Haye had to make a weight then Bellew could possibly out point him or even stop him because Haye can't even make the weight he was doing for HW anymore, if he had to boil down to something close to CW he'd be absolutely shot after 1 round of boxing.

Haye has said he would try to get to 210lbs. Bellew seems to be talking unification fights and then Haye.

which is why this fight ain't happening, Bellew has to fight Bredis and Drozd, can't see Bellew beating either, defo not lebedev

Haye no question. Bellew vulnerable to fast shots down the middle and he would never hold Haye's power. Bellew needs to get close to hurt you and Haye would use his longer reach to keep it long and has more than enough on his shots to keep Bellew honest coming in. At both cruiser (when Haye could still make the weight) and now at heavy Haye wins this all day. It will never happen though, despite all the talk between them.

which is why this fight ain't happening, Bellew has to fight Bredis and Drozd, can't see Bellew beating either, defo not lebedev

Breidis seems like a beast. Far too skillfull for Bellew. Makabu was a big puncher and he underestimated Tony but Breidis is a whole different animal.

Breidis seems like a beast. Far too skillfull for Bellew. Makabu was a big puncher and he underestimated Tony but Breidis is a whole different animal.

Makabu is quite small tho, i expected him to beat Bellew though, anyway Bredis, have you seen the fight where he destroys Manuel Charr, horrid ko

• Like 1

Makabu is quite small tho, i expected him to beat Bellew though, anyway Bredis, have you seen the fight where he destroys Manuel Charr, horrid ko

I haven't, I only actually heard about him the other day. Having a look now. thanks

Haye would win with a KO.

Bellew's defence is terrible and way too open, he left some big holes which Makabu didn't punish but I think Haye would.

All said. Bellew is a warrior but he would have no chance against a 70 - 80 % version of haye. I´m not a big fan of haye because auf his big mouth but this guy has real skill. To much power and to much speed. Bellew was knocked out by Adonis Stevenson. No way he can take a punch from Haye

Haye blows him out of the water. Bellew has been knocked out before. No idea why he feels he would better against a heavyweight.

I think Bellew wants Haye down at cruiser. Haye would have to cut off a leg to make cruiser these days and ,to be fair, that's the only way Bellew has a chance.