Whyte vs H Fury

Both these guys are looking to step up to the next level. I think this is a good fight for both fighters and one that would get UK boxing fans interested to see if either has what it takes to win.

Who do you think wins and why? Would Hughie box Whyte to a decision or would Whyte's power help him come out top?

Re: Whyte vs H Fury

havent heard this one was being talked about but its a good solid match up. a lot of questions about hughie be asked and answered in this fight i think. i doubt he has the power that AJ has and whyte had AJ in trouble. whyte will defo put pressure on hughie that we havent seen before

It sure is an intriguing matchup, but I doubt it will ever happen. Whyte is too dangerous (and still too much of an unknown) for Baby Hughie. It probably WOULD sell well in Britain, but team Fury has their eyes on a different, much more important prize.

the Fury's talk a lot openly (and indirectly) about how Joshua has been padded going up but they would never put Hughie in with someone like Whyte. I personally think Hughie is slow and ponderous with a terrible defense. Basically all the things that they accuse AJ of being ;-)

Hughie is a very talented boxer, nice movement and speed for a big guy, fights to his strengths and knows how to take the sting out of an opponent. Unfortunately he does it in a way that totally takes the life out of the crowd and bores the pants off everyone. As a result I'd hope Whyte KTFO's him and never forces me through another of his absolute stinkers.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: BBBoC order Hughie Fury vs Dillian Whyte

peter fury was mentioning that hughie is suffering badly with a skin condition at the moment, he also said in the past they wouldn't fight whyte as he is a friend

A fascinating fight.

If they actually were to refuse to fight "because they're friends," then they should both be banned from the sport for life. I can't even tolerate the "but we're brothers" bullshit. If you're a fighter, you fight.

Maybe they don`t think Fury would win. And if he would loose, it would put a huge dent into his reputation.

True, but he's gotta' step up SOMETIME.

Plus, if he could manage to beat Whyte (doubtful, but possible) then he'd be immediately in line for a nice Joshua payday.

(AJ is the new Floyd, just without the actual skills.)

We were just talking about this match-up. It's a fight I thought would get made but didn't expect it could potentially happen so soon.

As for his skin condition stopping the fight from happening, are they being serious? He has been like that since day 1 and it hasn't stopped him having 20 fights. I think Team Fury know they can't win this fight and they are running scared. I expected better from the Fury's to be fair. Just say what the rest of us already know - He isn't ready for Whyte!

Team Fury would never take this fight or any fight anywhere near as dangerous. Hughie is so bad it's laughable. Whyte would take him out in less than 3 rounds imo. How could Hughie Fury step in the ring with someone like Whyte and expect him not to just stroll past his terrible defense. I actually can't believe team Fury are still managing to convince anyone that this kid is ever going to be more than than domestic level at best. They seem stupid but they do pull off some quite clever masking of their fighter's obvious weaknesses.

Team Fury would never take this fight or any fight anywhere near as dangerous. Hughie is so bad it's laughable. Whyte would take him out in less than 3 rounds imo. How could Hughie Fury step in the ring with someone like Whyte and expect him not to just stroll past his terrible defense. I actually can't believe team Fury are still managing to convince anyone that this kid is ever going to be more than than domestic level at best. They seem stupid but they do pull off some quite clever masking of their fighter's obvious weaknesses.

You are most likely right. (though I don't think Baby Hughie is quite as bad as you say.) Peter Fury does not appear to be a fool.

But then again: These guys may actually believe that they beat Wlad fair & square. After all that training (fair play to Tyson, who really DID work hard) and the plyometrics and all that, that might actually believe that Wlad suddenly forgot how to throw a punch, and not realize that he (so obviously) threw the fight.

:whistle:

(And yes, I'm completely serious.)

So if this is the case, they may now have a falsely-inflated idea of the total power of team Fury & the "brilliance" of trainer Peter, and thus think that Baby Hughie can just plow through Whyte. All he has to do is dance around, after all, and then Whyte will obviously, suddenly forget his years of training & just stand there like a drugged-out loon !

Let's hope so. I'd LOVE to see this fight. (and not to see Hughie murdered, I think he'd have a very good chance, if he can jab well & keep up his work rate for 10 rounds.)

Edited by Cableaddict

Wait.. What?? Threw the fight? You have to explain that theory please! Not heard it before..

Don't. Please don't. The entire human race gets a little more stupid every time he airs one of his pet theories that he only worked out several days after the fight.

Don't. Please don't. The entire human race gets a little more stupid every time he airs one of his pet theories that he only worked out several days after the fight.

"I've got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals." :haha:

It will be interesting to see how Fury's career will be headed. He's a skilled fighter, but I don't think that he has the same kind of spark that Tyson has. His fights are often boring and I don't think he will be able to look good in tough and rough fights.