Carl Frampton vs LSC, who wins? + fight thoughts

adamcanavan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Carl Frampton vs LSC

:thumb: Bring it on! I think Carl has enough boxing skills and speed to make it a tough, even fight, but he got caught too many times against a lesser fighter like Quigg so...I'm kinda worried for him here. But we need to see this fight, for sure.

I was annoyed that they were reneging on their promise to fight Rigo, but since then, Rigo has been thrown out of the Who Needs Him Club for being too difficult, so he doesn't deserve any major fights.

I know a lot of people think Frampton hasn't a prayer here, but I think he can win this, and In think he will.

Not sure if this is a good fight for Frampton as it's away from UK. We all saw how bad he travelled last time against Gonzalez Jr (Texas, USA). Hopefully he has learned from that experience.

It's a shame he isn't going after Rigo, run Frampton.....

Well, im still annoyed hes not fighting Rigo.

I get the whole difficulty that Rigo seems to bring to promotions these days, but its still the fight that should have been made. He cannot profess to be the best in the division without facing Rigo.

The LSC fight is good, dont get me wrong, it was just always going to be a let down given that Rigo never happened.

--- The let down is Rigomortis don't want to fight anyone but career journeymen because nobody wants to watch him because that's all he does.

Forget him, Frampton vs LSC will get some international interest and more money for this that little guys seldom get, a win/win for boxing.

• 2 months later...

So this is coming up in 2 weeks. Heard a few people in NYC talking about it on the train yesterday. The discussion was mostly Leo is fighting Peter Frampton lol

Really excited to see Redkach vs Farmer. Didn't realize Tony Harrison was on the undercard.

Re: Carl Frampton vs LSC, who wins?

I totally forgot about this fight until Boxnation sent a press release saying the fight is going to be shown live on their station.

Frampton's PR team are non-existent, pathetic considering he is one of UK's hottest talents yet no news gets sent about him.

----

Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz to be shown live on Boxnation

One of this year’s most eagerly anticipated matchups has landed exclusively live on BoxNation with undefeated Irish sensation Carl Frampton taking on unbeaten featherweight world champion Leo Santa Cruz next Saturday night (July 30).

The sizzling showdown between two of the world’s very best fighters has long been mooted but at the Barclays Center in New York on July 30th someone’s perfect record will be lost in a clash that on paper is a fight of the year contender.

Both Frampton and Santa Cruz are aggressive fighters who refuse to take a back step, making this battle one not to miss.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

--- I picked SC in my predictor because of his size and pressuring work rate.

However, if McG instills a sharp bob and weave into frampton, we may have a new monster in the division. Great fights being made this year, so maybe boxing is coming out of its death spiral from the misbegotten long forgotten PAC/TUE disaster.

[h=1]http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Santa-Cruz-vs-Frampton.png

Leo Santa Cruz vs Carl Frampton By The Numbers[/h]

The featherweight world championship clash between defending titlist Leo Santa Cruz and undefeated former unified super bantamweight champ Carl Frampton features an unpredictable and potentially explosive mix of styles between two of the world’s top fighters.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Today I just noticed that IBF stripped Frampton of IBF title. These federations totally ruin unifications with the way they abuse boxers with these mandatory challengers (same thing happened with Fury), while accepting inactivity of big part of their champions.

--- I'd imagine any strippage due to moving up a division.

Fury strippage due to the mandatory rematch with Wlad meaning the IBF mandatory couldn't be serviced. Agreed, all the ABCs overly greedy and pretentious as any political org tends to be.

Frampton's blaming Leo Santa Cruz for the lack of media coverage. Another fighter not willing to do press conference shouldn't stop his own team from sending out articles about Frampton and the fight.

----

Speaking to Steve Bunce on Boxnation today the Belfast man revealed that “I haven’t [ever] bumped into him or seen him.”

“He wanted us to do a press conference in LA, but he wasn’t willing to come to New York to do a press conference where the fight was.”

“We told him to go away, we’re not doing that.”

Video: Carl Frampton chats to Buncey before Santa Cruz fight

Today I just noticed that IBF stripped Frampton of IBF title. These federations totally ruin unifications with the way they abuse boxers with these mandatory challengers (same thing happened with Fury), while accepting inactivity of big part of their champions.

Frampton lost his title because he's moving upto featherweight for this fight.