Nick Blackwell retires

WelshDevilRob

After losing his fight to Chris Eubank Jr and being placed in an induced coma. He has recovered and said the following:

"Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has been there for me,"

"It's been the toughest fight of my life and you made it that bit easier."

Now the Trowbridge boxer has decided that he won't box again.

"No that's me done," Blackwell tweeted after being asked on the social media site if he would be making a comeback.

"I can't put my friends and family and self through that again."

Blackwell wants to stay in the sport in some capacity and said he holds "no hard feelings" towards Eubank Jr as he continues his recovery.

I wish him all the best for the future. He had a fantastic career and mixed it with some top names. Held English and British titles - remarkable achievement as he had no amateur background. Really nice guy when I interviewed him a few months ago.

Re: Nick Blackwell retires

Wish him nothing but the best. It's tough to make a decision like this so early in ones career. But it's better to be cautious when it comes to your health, after what he and his family has dealt with recently. Cheers.

That's a shame he has to retire from the sport after the coma but it was as expected.

If I remember right after one concussion you are more likely to have another, and with Blackwell's bleed who knows what could of happened. I'm sure that's why Rangers player Sasa Papac retired from football due to having a few concussions.

Good luck Nick with what ever you choose next.

I'm glad he's retiring. His good health is the most important thing.

There are some boxers that would want to come back after a year or so maybe for the money or unfinished business in the sport but the last thing any boxing fans want to see is a boxer die or have to suffer for the rest of their life.