Three 154-Pound World Title Fights In Las Vegas on same card

WelshDevilRob

The 154-pound division will take center stage on Saturday, May 21 in a stacked triple-header featuring three world title fights in the same division. Five of the division’s top-six fighters* will square off live on SHOWTIME from The Chelsea, a one-of-a-kind 40,000-square-foot venue, inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

In the main event, Cuban sensation Erislandy “The American Dream” Lara will defend his WBA Super Welterweight World Championship against U.S. Olympian and top contender, Vanes “The Nightmare” Martirosyan, in a rematch of their 2012 bout that ended in a technical draw.

Brothers Jermall and Jermell Charlo will look to make history in co-featured bouts as the first twins to hold world titles in the same division. Unbeaten IBF Super Welterweight World Champion Jermall faces his toughest test to date when he makes the second defense of his belt against former world champion Austin “No Doubt” Trout. Jermell will take on exciting contender John Jackson in a bout for the vacant WBC Super Welterweight World Championship.

Read more: May 21 On Showtime: Three 154-Pound World Title Fights In Las Vegas - - Boxing News - Ring News24

------------------------

The fourth champion in the division - Liam Smith, is fighting on 4th June in Liverpool against TBA.

• Like 1

Re: Three 154-Pound World Title Fights In Las Vegas on same card

Really interesting card. Not convinced all of the fights are going to be action packed but there'll certainly be some skills on show and hopefully this will provide some clarity to the state of 154

Austin Trout: He’s going to bring it, I’m going to bring it

http://www.ringnews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Austin-Trout-Camp-Update_Training-camp_Dave-Nadkarni-_-Premier-Boxing-Champions1-300x200.jpg

You’ve said you’ve been led to this fight, why is it important?

“Coming off of four consecutive wins, I’m not just on a comeback streak but I’m taking a full step forward. Charlo is the champ, this fight is about no more half stepping. It’s about taking on the best. Isn’t that what it’s about, being the best?”

Read more: Austin Trout: He’s going to bring it, I’m going to bring it - - Boxing News - Ring News24

• 4 weeks later...

John Jackson looked very good against Lee until he got knock out. I hope he will be more careful and give a good fight. I'm very interested in Trout's performance as well. It's sad how quickly he went from a top fighter who beat Cotto to kind of forgotten boxer. Lara-Martirosyan looks very boring, though.

Just goes to show how complicated it is for the casual boxing fan. Three world titles in the same weight on the same bill!!!!

LOL. On the other hand, it's not hard at all for the knowledgeable boxing fan to understand, We've been condition to know that a unified division has gone the way of the Dinosaurs!