Tomorrow: The Nordic Nightmare Continues !

Cableaddict

I'm always psych'ed to see Helenius back in the ring. I can't help it, I just LIKE the guy.

Also, the concept of a HW boxer with leg muscle surgically implanted into his arm is, well, INTERESTING.

But I dunno what's more embarrassing: Robb fighting Deontay Wilder's leftovers, or the fact that this fight is for some sort of WBC belt.

Well, anyway ..... I actually think 32 year old Helenius still has the potential to be a major player in the division. DuHaupus is nothing if not rugged, (OK, he's nothing EXCEPT rugged ;-) ) so it's not the WORST test for Helenius, fighting for only the second time since his long layoff after 2 major surgeries.

If nothign else, Helenius has the chance to put DuHaupus away sooner than Wilder did. Wilder was most likely using the Frenchy for inside-game practice and thus extended the fight on purpose, but most fans don't realize this & so would eat this up. (esp Wilder haterz.) An early KO could be a HUGE career-boost for Robb.

With the fate of Lucas Browne now in question, there may be a very nice opening for some formerly top-ten, undefeated heavyweight to jump right into. Also, Luis Ortiz desperately needs a high-profile opponent. This could be interesting .....

Re: Tomorrow: The Nordic Nightmare Continues !

--- What's with the implanted leg muscle?

The original Mary Shelley Frankenstein was partially put together using parts from large livestock, think horses and bulls. That made him 8' tall and unbelievably strong, quick and fluid, not the lumbering zombie Hollywood made him out. He was also quite intelligent and conversant due to his brain being lifted out of a young genius after a tragic accident.

Helenius was never that good when he was fully fit - I can't see him making any significant impact now, but we'll see.

IMO he had deceptively good skills. A lot of folks thought he had a shot at the title, just before he got injured. Now they all enjoy knocking him. This is a guy who did very well against high-level opponents, despite being completely fucked by Sauerland over & over. (Being forced to fight on short notice, being forced to fight while injured, not getting paid what he was owed & so not being able to train properly....) They destroyed Denis Boytsov's career, and almost have done the same to Helenius.

Rob can look a little lethargic at times, but study closely what he looks like when he goes on the offensive. He's VERY fast, very accurate, and much, MUCH more powerful than his record would indicate. If Sauerland doesn't continue to completely screw him over, I think he may well surprise a lot of people.

IMO he had deceptively good skills.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Although sometimes the cigar can be in with such mediocre quality cigars it manages to pick up a mid-level award recognising an achievement it has undeniably earned, but without ever showing the sort of quality to suggest it can either maintain the pre-existing standard or become greater with the passage of time.

And then sometimes a cigar can be mistakenly placed alongside another cigar, which had hitherto been thought of a somewhat lesser quality, yet still leave many observers with the opinion that it actually turned out to be better than the other cigar, even though it will ultimately squander its own opportunities for further improvement. And then the cigar will sit in the box for a long time, amid claims it was broken, or it should never have been near the other cigar in the first place because there were issues with the way it was prepared. And then eventually the cigar is quietly reintroduced to a division in which it finds it is now neither required nor welcome.

But then of course I'm a non-smoker.

Edited by gavpowell

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Although sometimes the cigar can be in with such mediocre quality cigars it manages to pick up a mid-level award recognising an achievement it has undeniably earned, but without ever showing the sort of quality to suggest it can either maintain the pre-existing standard or become greater with the passage of time.

And then sometimes a cigar can be mistakenly placed alongside another cigar, which had hitherto been thought of a somewhat lesser quality, yet still leave many observers with the opinion that it actually turned out to be better than the other cigar, even though it will ultimately squander its own opportunities for further improvement. And then the cigar will sit in the box for a long time, amid claims it was broken, or it should never have been near the other cigar in the first place because there were issues with the way it was prepared. And then eventually the cigar is quietly reintroduced to a division in which it finds it is now neither required nor welcome.

But then of course I'm a non-smoker.

:haha: Post of the year right there!! Pure poetry, Gav!!!

Yeah, me too!

Well, you gotta' get 'em wrong once in a while. :whistle:

I can't believe how bad Helenius looked. like he didn't even bother to train. Kind of like Boytsov's last few fights.

Well, at least this makes the Wilder victory look a little better by comparison. :haha:

The bit that surprised me was his chin - he was never in with great fighters at any time during his career, but his chin looked solid enough against Brewster, Peter, Liakhovich etc.

By the way, Cable, if you're still awake and reading this, you should probably stick a spoiler tag on the thread.

The bit that surprised me was his chin - he was never in with great fighters at any time during his career, but his chin looked solid enough against Brewster, Peter, Liakhovich etc.

By the way, Cable, if you're still awake and reading this, you should probably stick a spoiler tag on the thread.

LOL ! See, I'm more prescient than you thought.

LOL ! See, I'm more prescient than you thought.

For once I didn't see the potential for a joke - I meant you should literally stick a spoiler tag on the thread, so nobody whines about spoilers!

Edited by gavpowell

For once I didn't see the potential for a joke - I meant you should literally stick a spoiler tag on the thread, so nobody whines about spoilers!

What are you talking about? the title of this thread is a PREDICTION.

What are you talking about? the title of this thread is a PREDICTION.

Yes, and the last however many posts have been beyond prediction and including the result, so it would be useful to alert people to the fact the thread contains spoilers, even if common sense might seem to imply it.

Yes, and the last however many posts have been beyond prediction and including the result, so it would be useful to alert people to the fact the thread contains spoilers, even if common sense might seem to imply it.

I guess you have a point.