“The Easton Assassin” Larry Holmes

WelshDevilRob

Re: “The Easton Assassin” Larry Holmes

Thats what you always believed, I knew it...just another hater. Ain't it sad.

Sorry you don't understand simple posts, but I said that in direct response to you saying "well said" after your clique member wrote the following.."Yes, it sucks to be a tubby Lar fan and find out he ranks last in my fair statistical time line comparisons"

I said it to show you two can play that game. I also said it, because I saw how it upset you when Gav mentioned that he was a skinflint. If you can't take it, don't give it.

I would also like to bring to the attention of those interested, yet another example of your unashamed hypocrisy. You just said, "just another hater. Ain't it sad" Yet you can hate on Holmes amongst others whenever you see fit? Why? Because as you keep ramming down our throats, you are a mod. A crap, unfair one, but that's not important to you, is it!

Oh and I still don't hate Marciano btw, these are just things I noticed. I don't hate people for having physical disadvantages or for being lucky. Not keen on skinflints, but still I am mature enough not to hate someone for having that trait...pity others don't have that abilty.

Edited by chaconfan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaconfan. Once again, I ask you to address this issue. You keep avoiding it because you are embarrassed, but I will keep mentioning it until you acknowledge it.

Originally Posted by BoztheMadman

Lol...I'm starting to think you got something against non-black fighters, but I am not gonna go that far, for the sake of peace on this forum. Now I see the same tendency as you showed in the Marciano thread, to overlook the achievements of the fighters you don't like for some reason. This is pure bs. Duran beat an undefeated LEONARD, did that slip your mind? He was a LIGHTWEIGHT coming up to welterweight and had only lost once there, a loss he avenged twice. Buchanan was good but was NOT of Duran's caliber. He was beaten later on by other guys and never left lightweight. A 37-yearold Duran went to middleweight and defeated a MUCH BIGGER Iran Barkley.

Chaconfan's reply. Did you not read this part?

He excelled when standing and trading, and beat Barkley who Hearns could not beat, despite being considered way past his best.

He beat a peak Leonard and did better against Hagler than Hearns did, but Hearns did better against Benitez.

BTW, DID IT SLIP YOUR MIND THAT LEONARD AVENGED HIS LOSS TWICE. It is just because you thought it relevant to mention Duran avenged HIS defeat twice but ignored that fact in your rush to call me biased....which was no doubt why you misread the whole post in the first place.

Very hard to say who was better, but I think Hearns would almost always beat Duran. I say "almost" because if he came into the ring with the weak legs that he came into the Hagler fight with, he may lose.

You sarcastically asked if it had slipped my mind that Duran had beaten Leonard, yet it is in the post that you quoted me on..as is the mention of the Barkley win. You then said that I overlook the achievements of fighters I don't like, which suggests I am biased, and unfair, despite me telling you that I do not dislike Marciano at all, and love Duran. So here I am YET AGAIN, HAVING TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST FALSE ACCUSATIONS. There is no twisting my words or anything else that can be said, it is copied and pasted in b&w for you to see. People will continue to think I am making a fuss over nothing, but that is obviously not the case.

Edited by chaconfan

They say "If you want loyalty, get a dog" but I wouldn't like your neighbours to endure two of you howling at the moon.

Har-har. You oughta try yourself as a stand up comedian. I bet people would love to hear what a misery it is to live NEAR Hull and watch snooker.

Har-har. You oughta try yourself as a stand up comedian. I bet people would love to hear what a misery it is to live NEAR Hull and watch snooker.

It's not a misery - I live in the countryside and it's world championship fortnight as of Saturday. I couldn't be happier if I tried!

I don't have the self-confidence to stand in a room of people waiting for me to entertain them, and Hull is VERY parochial in its tastes, so I'd have to go to York, which is delightful but also brings bigger crowds. I do have some great material about these people I met on a boxing forum..

But no, I'll stick to being a whimsical computer geek - most of my customers say I'm more entertaining than the telly anyway:haha:

Edited by gavpowell