Surprise opponent to be named for Fury - Who will it be?

The_budweiser

[h=1]Tyson Fury hints next fight will be against surprise big-name opponent[/h]

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury says fight fans can expect some 'massive news' about his next bout soon.

And the 27-year-old has hinted that he will be squaring off against a surprise opponent.

Fury captured the WBA, WBO and IBF titles (but was subsequently stripped of the IBF belt) when he out-pointed Wladimir Klitschko in Dusseldorf last November.

And it was subsequently announced that the pair would square off again this year, Klitschko having exercised a rematch clause in his contract.

However, Fury tweeted on Saturday evening: "Some massive news coming soon, had to come to London for an urgent meeting about a massive fight, TBA very soon, u will not believe who!!!!!!"

He has recently revealed he might not even box again and is still waiting to find out when and where the rematch with Klitschko will take place, so his meeting in London could well clear that up.

It is hard to try and guess who else Fury will fight other than Klitschko.

Tyson Fury hints next fight will be against surprise big-name opponent | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Re: Surprise opponent to be named for Fury - Who will it be?

Having looked at the soource material for the story, I note he doesn't say it's his next opponent, he says he has massive news coming about a massive fight following an urgent meeting. He could either be talking about a role in something like the Rocky films or co=promoting something. I fully expect this story to have a punchline.

Having looked at the soource material for the story, I note he doesn't say it's his next opponent, he says he has massive news coming about a massive fight following an urgent meeting. He could either be talking about a role in something like the Rocky films or co=promoting something. I fully expect this story to have a punchline.

Maybe he'll be starring in the next "Batman" movie, and will fight the riddler on-screen. :laugh:

That would be about as real as his fight with Wlad.

Personally, I'm all for it. As long as they don't let him sing.

============================================

Edited by Cableaddict

• 3 weeks later...

Nagy Aguilera has been named as Hughie Fury's next opponent 26-03-16

Thanks mate. Was abit surprised at that name after the few that have been banded about. Nagy is coming off a good win in Poland, so no complaints tbh.

• 2 weeks later...