Garcia or Brook - Who would you like to see Khan fight?

The_budweiser

Amir Khan is mandatory challenger to WBC champion Danny Garcia, while a blockbuster fight looms with IBF king Kell Brook. But Johnny Nelson thinks Khan is stuck in an unenviable position...

t seems like Khan's in a brilliant position that most fighters want to be in - but privately, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He could fight Brook or fight Garcia, a guy who has knocked him out and knows how to do it. On paper, it's a great position but in reality, is it?

Khan is now in a situation where he fights Brook - who he's been saying is an easy fight - or he goes and fights Garcia, which is a risk.

I don't think Khan wants to fight Garcia again. Had Garcia lost to Robert Guerrero, then Khan would have said 'let's do this'.

Danny would do it, I don't doubt for one second that Danny would do it, but Khan's handlers believe, even if he doesn't, that Garcia is his bogeyman.

Khan lost to Breidis Prescott because of a mistake. He messed up, and could have fought him again to right the wrongs but he chose not to - some fighters believe that you can have a bogeyman that has got your number. Garcia, as far as Khan is concerned, is his bogeyman. I'd be surprised if that fight takes place.

Fighting Brook would be a bigger payday than fighting Garcia, which would be a quarter of the money. I'd be surprised if Khan risks losing again to his bogeyman. The biggest fight out there is with Brook, it's for a title and gives him a chance to unify the titles.

Amir Khan won't fancy fighting Kell Brook or Danny Garcia, says Johnny Nelson | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Re: Garcia or Brook - Who would you like to see Khan fight?

Brook, of course.

I don't rate Swifty very highly, especially at 147. He lost to Herrera, and just struggled with the very average Guerrero. I honestly think he got lucky with Kahn the first time, but regardless, he's a far less dangerous opponent than Brook.

Brook - Kahn is one heckuva fight. Plus, as you say, it's for a title.

However, given the choice, I would expect team Kahn to choose Garcia. He's less of a threat, and Kahn would have a chance to get even.

Edited by Cableaddict

Khan (like Carl Thompson and Scott Quigg) lives very close to me, and I have watched him train a lot. He is super fast, and hits hard....however, he has that chin, and with it, guys like Prescott ALWAYS have a chance. What mistake are you referring to pal?

I do want to see Khan face Brook at some point but I hope it's on Brooks terms as Khan has had plenty of chances to take the fight.

Khan want's 60% Brook 40% - Remind me who holds the belt again?

I think Khan will go after Garcia and avoid Brook as a loss against Brook means another building process.

A Khan vs Garcia rematch would be good but I'd rather see Khan face Brook. They should've fought a few years back so we've been waiting a while for this to happen, hopefully it will.

I think maybe Kahn is looking to retire after the ass-whooping he's about to get from Canelito. It sure seems like a "take the money and run" kinda' consolation prize, after losing out on the Mayweather sweepstakes.

Kahn certainly won't be able to get Brook any longer, even if he wants to.

I think maybe Kahn is looking to retire after the ass-whooping he's about to get from Canelito. It sure seems like a "take the money and run" kinda' consolation prize, after losing out on the Mayweather sweepstakes.

Kahn certainly won't be able to get Brook any longer, even if he wants to.

Even if he loses cable there still will be a demand in UK for Khan vs Brook.

How do so many fucking people spell Khan wrong (Kahn), even when it's spelt correctly all over the place within the same thread! This is a common mistake that gets made and it infuriates me so much more than it should do, but it does!!! Fuck sake!! :rant:

How do so many fucking people spell Khan wrong (Kahn), even when it's spelt correctly all over the place within the same thread! This is a common mistake that gets made and it infuriates me so much more than it should do, but it does!!! Fuck sake!! :rant:

Kahn down.