Eubank vs Thompson 2 - Neigbour made the fight LOL

The_budweiser

Fight 1 - Eubank lost a UD - judges: Luis Pabon 113-114, John Stewart 113-114, Dave Parris 113-116

I was watching BoxNation and found it interesting to hear Carl say he only took the second fight to move house as his neighbour kept banging on his wall. :mlol:

Thompson won the second fight in round 9 when the doctor stopped the fight.

Boxrec "Stopped after 9th round on advise of the doctor, when Eubank's left eye closed completely from swelling. Judges; Adalaide Tripplet, Roy Francis Dr. Ruben M. Garcia"

Edit: He said Eubank wouldn't even shake his hand at the hotel, and no way after that was he going to let Eubank win the fight.

What do you remember about the fight?

Re: Eubank vs Thompson 2 - Neigbour made the fight LOL

Middleweight vs a Cruiserweight. Eubank did well, but Thompson's strength was too much in the later rounds.

Actually I know both guys well (Carl lives very near to me) and there was not as much in weight difference and overall size as you might think. Carl fought at light heavy and just over, quite a few times, and Chris fought at super middle lots of times. When they were both out of training (rare) they walked around at a similar weight.

It was a lot more to do with the injury he suffered to his eye in their first meeting, that affected the outcome. There was much worry that it would swell up quickly again, and that it exactly what transpired.

Fight 1 - Eubank lost a UD - judges: Luis Pabon 113-114, John Stewart 113-114, Dave Parris 113-116

I was watching BoxNation and found it interesting to hear Carl say he only took the second fight to move house as his neighbour kept banging on his wall. :mlol:

Boxrec "Stopped after 9th round on advise of the doctor, when Eubank's left eye closed completely from swelling. Judges; Adalaide Tripplet, Roy Francis Dr. Ruben M. Garcia"

Edit: He said Eubank wouldn't even shake his hand at the hotel, and no way after that was he going to let Eubank win the fight.

I tell you what I remember. A load of hooligans throwing fireworks and barging in for free, and stealing lots of peoples seats. Mine being one of them. I had to stand for a seat I had paid for, because the security were too scared to say anything to them. I also vividly recall getting abuse because I was cheering for Eubank, in Manchester against a local boxer. I usually cheer for the smaller guy, but in this case, he was not really that much smaller.

One more thing I remember is Eubanks rant to the commentator, for being very ungentlemanly for letting him speak on TV whilst his eye was closed, and his wife/partner was watching. Have a watch if it is on youtube, ridiculous, just as he usually was/is.

Edited by chaconfan

Just a thought, but I am so glad that I don't have to worry about a former Thai and boxing champ making noise, next door to me....and that was some brave neighbour to keep banging on his wall, lol. Having said that, Carl is a really nice guy.