What next for Amir Khan?

WelshDevilRob

Amir 'King' Khan (31-3, 19 KOs) fought once in 2015, beating Chris Algieri on points. That was in May. Big fights with Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have alluded him.

He's ranked No.1 by the WBC, No.2 by the WBA, No.4 by the IBF and No.3 by the WBO. The WBC belt is vacant with Danny Garcia the No.2 contender. Keith Thurman holds the WBA, Kell Brook the IBF and Tim Bradley the WBO.

Thurman seems on course to fight Shawn Porter, while Bradley vs Pacquiao 3 has been signed.

http://i4.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/boxing/article1691091.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Amir%20Khan.jpg

Is Amir going to have another wasted year or will the 29-year-old get a big fight?

Re: What next for Amir Khan?

Khan needs a big 2016. He has spent the last 3 years chasing big money fights that never happened.

He wanted Mayweather and that fight never happened. He pulled out of Alexander fight hoping to get Mayweather and after winning the poll, Mayweather choose to fight Maidana instead. His attempts to fight Many Pacquiao have also failed.

Amir Khan has fought four times in the last 3 years. It's been 3 1/2 years since Khan has been involved in a world title fight - It's just not good enough for Khan.

He seems to only care about money and his next big pay day is surely against Brook. I hope Brook tells him you had your chance several times now go bother someone else.

I believe they're building a new supermarket in Bolton, perhaps he could open it and collect an application form at the same time?

No, no, I think my local fast food shop have beaten you to it. They are after a new pizza boxer. :mlol:

I think he might wait for the outcome of other fights - try to get the Thurman - Porter winner or Bradley if (a big 'if) he beats Pacquiao. I'm sure he's looking to face Garcia again too. I actually think there's also a good chance we might actually see Brook - Khan this year though.

I just read that Kahn will definitely (theoretically) be facing the winner of Danny Garcia vs The Ghost. The WBC just made Kahn the mandatory.

I'm not sure how exciting that actually is. ;-) - though I would be thrilled to see Kahn put Swifty on the canvas.

Edited by Cableaddict

I just read that Kahn will definitely (theoretically) be facing the winner of Danny Garcia vs The Ghost. The WBC just made Kahn the mandatory.

I'm not sure how exciting that actually is. ;-) - though I would be thrilled to see Kahn put Swifty on the canvas.

If he goes that route (which I think he will) then it makes a Brook fight much less likely. Can't see Khan - Garcia until May at least, then even if Khan wins I can't see them getting anything done for the summer. Ramadan doesn't finish until early July so I doubt Khan will accept a fight much before October

If he goes that route (which I think he will) then it makes a Brook fight much less likely. Can't see Khan - Garcia until May at least, then even if Khan wins I can't see them getting anything done for the summer. Ramadan doesn't finish until early July so I doubt Khan will accept a fight much before October

You can postpone or offset Ramadan though, as I believe was his intention for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight. There are various allowances made for people who have to work or whatever.