Chisora vs Helenius 2 and David Price's situation

WelshDevilRob

Rumours are abound that Chisora will face new EBU champion Robert Helenius. Erkan Teper was stripped of the title and Helenius defeated German Franz Rill in December for the vacant strap.

With the news of Teper's positive drug sample. Why hasn't the Price vs Teper result been declared a No Contest?

Reports emerged that Teper failed a drugs test soon after the contest, with Price's promoter Kalle Sauerland questioning why it had taken five months for the positive test to come to light. On Wednesday, the German Boxing Board publicly confirmed Teper's offence, banning the 33-year-old, who had picked up the European title against Price, for two years, with the suspension lasting until July 17, 2017. Price now possesses a professional record of 19 wins and two defeats, although one of his previous defeats to Thompson is considered controversial after Thompson tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide (Source: Sportsmole)

The BDB disqualifies Erkan Teper from his latest fight, i. e. EBU European Heavyweight Championship vs. David Price on 17 July 2015 in Ludwigsburg, Germany under supervision of the BDB, and states that said fight is to be scored a NO CONTEST. The EBU however maintains the original result Teper WKO 2/12 stating that the title becomes vacant but the result stands.

(Source Boxrec)

This is the second opponent that has allegedly cheated against David Price - Thompson first then Teper. Is David Price basically undefeated? Should Price get the first crack at the Helenius vs Chisora winner and who do you think wins that fight?

Re: Chisora vs Helenius 2 and David Price's situation

Well, the politics are crazy here, but forgetting who might actually deserve what: (I'm not sure ANY of these guys deserve ANYTHING, to be frank)

1: Chisora is a much safer fight for Helenius, who is still shaking off ring rust.

2: Far too many people actually give Chisora credit for his fight against Helenius. Sure, he deserved to get a decision, but only because Helenius literally fought him with torn ligaments in his shoulder, and a busted hand after about the second round. - And it was still a somewhat close battle. Chisora should have retired in shame. So, a rematch is badly needed.

3: No matter what Price's opponents may have been on, he still looked like a deer lost in the headlights in all of those fights. He needs to keep fighting journeymen for a while, and then somehow figure out how to be an elite fighter, if that's even possible.

4: Why hasn't the Price vs Teper result been declared a No Contest? Probably because, as with so many similar situations in the past, the bookies made a killing on the result. If they overturn the result, what happens? Better to just have a rematch down the road, and sell all those tickets.

Same as it ever was.

1: Chisora is a much safer fight for Helenius, who is still shaking off ring rust.

I agree and disagree. All depends what kind of shape Chisora turns up in but I do think he is capable of winning against Helenius who I don't rate at all.

2: Far too many people actually give Chisora credit for his fight against Helenius. Sure, he deserved to get a decision, but only because Helenius literally fought him with torn ligaments in his shoulder

You have to give Chisora credit, he was the underdog and had to travel to Helenius backyard and frankIy I thought he was robbed as the fight wasn't even close.

I know they said the injury happened weeks prior to the fight but I don't buy that at all. If the injury was genuine they he would of pulled out not continued with the fight, an excuse for his poor performance.

I agree and disagree. All depends what kind of shape Chisora turns up in but I do think he is capable of winning against Helenius who I don't rate at all.

You have to give Chisora credit, he was the underdog and had to travel to Helenius backyard and frankIy I thought he was robbed as the fight wasn't even close.

I know they said the injury happened weeks prior to the fight but I don't buy that at all. If the injury was genuine they he would of pulled out not continued with the fight, an excuse for his poor performance.

No, Sauerland MADE him take the fight. There were numerous articles & interviews about this, both then and much later. It was even part of Helenius' lawsuit against Sauerland, which eventually got dropped. (let's face it, Sauerland is the mob.) They basically ruined him the same way they ruined Boytsov.

This is not some fantasy. Plus, you can clearly see in that fight that Robb was in pain, and holding back his right hand.

It's not even worthy of debate.

---------------------------------

Now, I do agree with you that Chisora has the POTENTIAL to give Helenius trouble, but only if he was in the shape of his life and massively motivated. Sadly, that Chisora doesn't exist any more, if it ever did. He's just a gatekeeper now.

No, Sauerland MADE him take the fight. There were numerous articles & interviews about this, both then and much later. It was even part of Helenius' lawsuit against Sauerland, which eventually got dropped. (let's face it, Sauerland is the mob.) They basically ruined him the same way they ruined Boytsov.

This is not some fantasy. Plus, you can clearly see in that fight that Robb was in pain, and holding back his right hand.

It's not even worthy of debate.

---------------------------------

Now, I do agree with you that Chisora has the POTENTIAL to give Helenius trouble, but only if he was in the shape of his life and massively motivated. Sadly, that Chisora doesn't exist any more, if it ever did. He's just a gatekeeper now.

Is there any info online about Helenius' case? I can't recall it too much to be honest.

Surely if a fighter cant take the fight due to a injury then a promoter can't force them to fight?????????

Dillian Whyte called out Derek Chisora today on TV-Chisora replied 'bring it on anytime'

That's actually a pretty good matchup! - Though I can't see why Chisora would take it. He probably thinks his recent win puts him back in the title mix, which of course it doesn't. Maybe reality will slap him in the face. I sure hope so. It would be a great opportunity for Whyte.