Klitschko vs Fury - what did you think (spoilers)

The_budweiser

That was the worst heavyweight title fight I have ever seen in my life. God knows Klitschko's never been exciting but he usually actually THROWS! It's the one thing that really really winds me up in boxing - walking forward to get into position and then just clinching, no punches thrown at all.

Klitschko fought scared, that's the only thing I can think, and he didn't really listen to Banks in the corner.

I will charitably assume Fury was nervous and cautious as the challenger in the biggest fight of his life, but he did fight like that in the Chisora rematch, and if he keeps on fighting like that, he'll be no better than Wlad.

Still, Fury did just enough to win, and deserves everything he gets from here.

And I loved the fact he finished his song with "I love you my wife" mlol.gif.pagespeed.ce._WAE8zvVRo.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Klitschko vs Fury - what did you think (spoilers)

That was the worst heavyweight title fight I have ever seen in my life.

And me - but with the best (correct) result........fuck off Wlad and disappear from the fave boxers lists (or p4p lists) as LRR likes to call them - FOREVER. You were/are a nobody and proved it tonight when you lost to an overweight fat pikie.

I'd like to thank the KO Boxing Forum members as they have posted in the Fury/Klitschko threads and made the build up very interesting - I hope it continues with future fights.

To the fight... I scored the fight 1 round to Fury and that was very close for me, I didn't think it was as wide as the judges saw it. There was a lot of rounds I felt were difficult to score, not sure how you guys and girls had it?

I really do think Fury's antics and mind games got under Klitschkos skin. Examples of that where shown to me early on when Klitschko was jumping up and down and Fury was 2/3 yards away - it was just sapping his energy and it showed as the fight went on - Klitschko was fighting to Fury's game plan and not his own.

For me Klitschko should have stayed still in the centre of the ring, something Fury was quite happy giving Klitschko. By doing so he could of landed his 1/2's and saved energy through out the fight and paced himself better, but he decided to chase Fury down.

The fight overall was very poor for me, neither really landed a handful of clean telling shots.

Past fighters have complained of Klitschko contracts - I wonder what has been added to this fight?.......

I am happy Fury won but can't see him winning in a rematch if Klitschko sticks to his game plan and not get drawn into Fury's. That being said it was refreshing to see Fury come into the fight in decent shape, I hope now that he is champion he takes boxing more serious and comes into every fight in shape as he has a lot of tough hungry fighters ahead of him.

Worst fight ever can't be bothered even repeating what I said before.

Right result but it was much closer than score cards. Fury was awful Wlad worse.

Wlad was completely ineffective. Don't think I've ever seen him that bad.

Wasp was highlight.

Waste of my hard earned cash.

That was the worst heavyweight title fight I have ever seen in my life. God knows Klitschko's never been exciting but he usually actually THROWS! It's the one thing that really really winds me up in boxing - walking forward to get into position and then just clinching, no punches thrown at all.

Klitschko fought scared, that's the only thing I can think, and he didn't really listen to Banks in the corner.

I will charitably assume Fury was nervous and cautious as the challenger in the biggest fight of his life, but he did fight like that in the Chisora rematch, and if he keeps on fighting like that, he'll be no better than Wlad.

Still, Fury did just enough to win, and deserves everything he gets from here.

And I loved the fact he finished his song with "I love you my wife" mlol.gif.pagespeed.ce._WAE8zvVRo.gif

Oi! You've taken the credit for my post!

Not sure whats your or whats Lynne. Dam Chromebook, tell me and ill sort

Worst fight ever can't be bothered even repeating what I said before.

Right result but it was much closer than score cards. Fury was awful Wlad worse.

Wlad was completely ineffective. Don't think I've ever seen him that bad.

Wasp was highlight.

Waste of my hard earned cash.

Sorry Lynne that was my fault, Chrome book was acting up. I hit back space and it saved what you typed in the first post I hope

Sorry Lynne that was my fault, Chrome book was acting up. I hit back space and it saved what you typed int eh first post.

Don't worry, it was probably waffle I was that annoyed with the fight.

Spot on in your interpretation. I really did think was 1 round in it.

Can't believe Wlad did nothing. Fury was woeful.

Lederman had it right. Had K wining 1 round at best. Compubox stats bang on as well. Weeks tried to justify his brown envelope by deducting a point but still wasnt enough to fiddle the steroid monster and ring-floor cheat, padded-glove cheat and wraps cheat another victory. Retire you moron...........forever. :wave:

Lederman had it right. Had K wining 1 round at best. Weeks tried to justify his brown envelope by deducting a point but still wasnt enough to fiddle the steroid monster and ring cheat, glove cheat and wraps cheat another victory. Retire you moron...........forever.
Your the only person i know that dislikes Klit more than me :mlol:

Don't worry, it was probably waffle I was that annoyed with the fight.

Spot on in your interpretation. I really did think was 1 round in it.

Can't believe Wlad did nothing. Fury was woeful.

Sorry again Lynne.

I just hope Fury doesn't go backwards from here. What I mean by that, now that he is world champion and beaten the number 1 in the division, I hope he doesn't relax, get fat and go into fights unfit (not his fittest) as he has done in the past. I hope this is a wake up call for him and he realises I am actually the world champion and sets an example to his challengers by turning up every single fight in proper condition.

Sorry again Lynne.

I just hope Fury doesn't go backwards from here. What I mean by that, now that he is world champion and beaten the number 1 in the division, I hope he doesn't relax, get fat and go into fights unfit (not his fittest) as he has done in the past. I hope this is a wake up call for him and he realises I am actually the world champion and sets an example to his challengers by turning up every single fight in proper condition.

Don't be sorry, you do a fantastic job on here.

He needs to start boxing, he won't have the luxury of his next opponents doing nothing.

I didn't see any skill from him tonight. He fought the only way he was going to win so can't take that away from him.

Don't be sorry, you do a fantastic job on here.

He needs to start boxing, he won't have the luxury of his next opponents doing nothing.

I didn't see any skill from him tonight. He fought the only way he was going to win so can't take that away from him.

He won't have that kind of challenge infront of him in his next fight, so he should be able to box better and his next fight might be his choice, so, an easier opponent unless Klitschko has loads of clauses like David Haye complained about.....

We shall see.

Wow what a result! I never expected that.

Klitschko was awful, he never landed anything decent, he just looked scared and didn't know what to do.

Fury wasn't great to watch either but he got under Klitschko's skin, he performed better on the night and deserved the victory.

He won't have that kind of challenge infront of him in his next fight, so he should be able to box better and his next fight might be his choice, so, an easier opponent unless Klitschko has loads of clauses like David Haye complained about.....

We shall see.

To be fair didn't have much of a challenge tonight. Was nothing coming from Wlad at all. I would love to see the stats if anyone has them. Punches thrown landed etc. Didn't watch long enough after the fight to hear any interviews/commentary.

It was poor by any standard.

I think even an "easy opponent" would at least have a go.

looking forward to Fury doing exactly what K has done for years - fight a string of nobodies and defend the title by all means necessary.

He's nothing like as good as Wlad, despite tonight's pathetic showing. I hope he fights Wilder soon though.

looking forward to Fury doing exactly what K has done for years - fight a string of nobodies and defend the title by all means necessary.

I said that to myself. Due to his height will he now adopt Klitschko style tactics that have worked so well for the Wlad? And how will the UK/World boxing fans take it? I can see him getting less negativity as he brings a personality that many people like compared to the so called Mr nice guy Klit. I prefer Klitschko to be honest (yes, I am boring) but Fury is more entertaining.

Why should he? Wlad hasn't..........

Defend against a bunch of fat short-arse nobodies for 6 years like Wlad has done first.

Wlad has been working through his mandatories of late and Wilder was likely to be next if he'd won tonight. Wlad has fought virtually everyone in the division during his time, so hardly "defending against fat, short-arse nobodies" - Povetkin, Thompson, Jennings, Haye, Pulev, Fuy...

You don't like certain fighters, fine, but don't do what LRR does and try to warp reality to fit your narrative - Wlad's been an unexciting champion but he's hardly been dodging people.

Edited by gavpowell