Lara vs Zaveck - Bizarre (SPOILERS)

The_budweiser

Video: http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=106757

What a weird ending. Zabeck in round 3 attempted to touch gloves then turned his back slightly before Lara tried to land two shots on him in which the ref jumped in, ref calls it off then he gives the ref a very gently push/touch of gloves in chest (barely call it a push) then a limp comes out of nowhere. He wasn't limping before the ref called the fight off? Weird and bizarre.

What did you make of the ending?

Re: Lara vs Zaveck - Bizarre (SPOILERS)

To look at him, you'd think his appendix had exploded, yet his complaint after the fight? He said LAra hit him on the back of the head. That's true, but only after he bent at the waist following a weird attempt to touch gloves, when all Lara had done at that stage was hit him a couple of times to the body.

According to the ESPN presenter on the full broadcast (available here Link) - he asked the ref what he had said to Zaveck. The ref said "can you continue" and Zaveck replied "I dont know". That should be enough for any ref to call it off IMHO. And it was.

Looks like he dropped his guard due to a right shoulder injury. Cant blame Lara for the shoeshine though - the old rule still stands - guard yourself at all times........

To look at him, you'd think his appendix had exploded, yet his complaint after the fight? He said LAra hit him on the back of the head. That's true, but only after he bent at the waist following a weird attempt to touch gloves, when all Lara had done at that stage was hit him a couple of times to the body.

When he attempted to touch gloves, I said to myself "Am I blind?, did I miss a touch of heads? I need to hit rewind" and there was no knock of heads, just a weird and unnecessary reaction from Zabeck. His purse should be withheld, I don't like to see this but an investigation on the events needs to take place - it looks very dodgy.

This belongs on @iamasadlittleboys weird boxing site.

According to the ESPN presenter on the full broadcast (available here Link) - he asked the ref what he had said to Zaveck. The ref said "can you continue" and Zaveck replied "I dont know". That should be enough for any ref to call it off IMHO. And it was.

Looks like he dropped his guard due to a right shoulder injury. Cant blame Lara for the shoeshine though - the old rule still stands - guard yourself at all times........

He threw right and lefts before he touched glove. Maybe the touch glove was to see nice you got me there when Lara landed one flush on his chin with his left hand. But the two punches Lara threw after the attempted touch gloves, did anything hit his shoulder? - I'm not so sure.

Maybe bottled it and that was some sort of excuse........:noidea:

That's what I think. Zavek just wanted to go home.

He looked so slow in there, I think he was done before the bell ever rang. Nice to see Lara pushing the action, but this fight barely counts.

Nice to see Lara aggressive and looking for the stoppage. If only Rigo would do that. We all know he's capable but he's just happy to box his way to a 12 round decision.

Lara seems to want to get on in boxing - I think Rigo just hasn't thought of anything he'd rather be doing yet.

The whole match was really low level in my opinion. Zaveck didn`t even seem to care if he would win or loose and seemed quite content at the end. He got paid for fighting, and he got paid even if he lost. And I think that is all he cared about.