Povetkin - Wach card starting in 15 minutes ! - Spoilers

Cableaddict

Oh baby, this is one of the best cards of the year.

Card starts in 15 minutes. 8 am EST. It's being broadcast by Box Nation.

Cesar Cuenca vs. Eduard Troyanovsky, 12 rounds, for Cuenca's IBF junior welterweight title;

Rakhim Chakhkiev vs. Ola Afolabi, 12 rounds, cruiserweights;

Dmitry Kudryashov vs. Duradola, 10 or 12 rounds, cruiserweights;

Denis Lebedev vs. Lateef Kayode, 12 rounds, for Lebedev's WBA cruiserweight title;

Alexander Povetkin vs. Mariusz Wach, 12 rounds, heavyweights;

---------------

I predict Povetkin takes Wach out with a body shot.

Lebedev-Kayode should be a brilliantly entertaining bout, and I predict Kayode's youth and hand speed, plus his ability to work from way outside, will earn him a very tough decision. (unless he gets robbed, which is sadly a strong possibility)

I sure hope they also show Kudryashov - Duradola. "The Russian Hammer" (AKA "Sledgehammer") is one of the 2-3 hardest punchers in a division FILLED with monsters. Duradola is toast, but it should be a very fan-friendly ending.

Oh, and if you're reading this in the USA..... GET A JOB ! :laugh:

--------------------

re: Povetkin - Wach card starting in 15 minutes ! - Spoilers

1pm here in UK. Finally a break from work for me (worked 8 of last 9 days - 12 and 15.5 hour shifts).

This card is so good that it even made the Prediction League (which is in the Final Week). Don't think the PL has ever had fights as early as a Wednesday.

Anywat, great card. Got Boxnation on. Dmitry Bivol vs Jackson Junior up now - Light Heavyweights.

Man, Dimitry Bivol looked GOOD !

Great balance & footwork. I love how he can attack from waaay outside. - And what a counterpuncher. This guy has great reflexes.

Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on, and a great addition to the LHW division.

Edited by Cableaddict

Oh man, Dimitry Bivol looked GOOD !

Great balance & footwork. I love how he can attack from waaay outside. - And what a counterpuncher. This guy has great reflexes.

Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on, and a great addition to the LHW division.

Yeah, great composure and a rock solid jab. Did the GGG thing of throwing a combo - couple of shots soft and a hard one hidden in the combo. Jackson a good opponent but outgunned by Bivol.

Just saw the Viskhan Murzabekov left-hook KO of Solomon Bogere - impressive finish.

Yeah, great composure and a rock solid jab. Did the GGG thing of throwing a combo - couple of shots soft and a hard one hidden in the combo. Jackson a good opponent but outgunned by Bivol.

Just saw the Viskhan Murzabekov left-hook KO of Solomon Bogere - impressive finish.

I missed that! (Working on stuff with the fights on in the background.) but now I'll have to download that fight & study it. Hopefully Selij comes through, as always.

Strange ending to a dull fight between Eduard Troyanovsky and Cesar Rene Cuenca. Ended in the 5th after both went to the floor - the Russians momentum taking Cuenca over. Cuenca cut and claiming of an eye problem, doesn't want to continue and ref stops the fight. Troy had him rocked abit earlier in the round. A knee or leg on way down might have caught Cuenca's eye but unclear and didn't look anything hard. Troyanovsky was winning a fight that was a bad blend of styles - not much action.

Re: Povetkin - Wach card starting in 15 minutes ! - Spoilers

--- Solid expected win for Povetkin though it looked like just as Wach was getting around to fighting tough, he seemed to quit because of his eye even though he only had two min to go.

Freddie Roach with Cotto in Vegas couldn't be with Kayode in Russia and it showed. Lebedev played defensive early, but when he opened up Kayode started to crack. Smoger has officially gone over to the dark side the past couple of years, giving Kayode 12 sec on the canvas for the 2nd KD and 18 sec total only to stop the fight after a meaningless Lebedev flurry, meaning Smoger blew the 2nd KD and knew it but had 2nd thoughts considering the compromised state of Kayode. Great for Lebedev, not much for Kayode who has never got a break in boxing and now may be broken permanently.

Wow what a second round. Durodola just came out on the attack and the Russian falls apart and stopped on his feet. Stayed up but gone. Upset!

Makes you realize just how good Thabiso Michunu is! Michunu took Duradola to a clear & fair decision in early 2014. A shame he got KO'd this year by Makabu. Well, it's a crazy-tough division. Good fighters have to lose.

And Lebedev? I've always been a fan (adamant that he clearly beat Huck) but I'm stunned that he still had so much gas in the tank. Also, his hand speed, footwork, and counterpunching were all possibly the best he's ever looked. Lebedev may be the new BHop.

Man, THIS is what boxing is all about.

Makes you realize just how good Thabiso Michunu is! Michunu took Duradola to a clear & fair decision in early 2014. A shame he got KO'd this year by Makabu. Well, it's a crazy-tough division. Good fighters have to lose.

And Lebedev? I've always been a fan (adamant that he clearly beat Huck) but I'm stunned that he still had so much gas in the tank. Also, his hand speed, footwork, and counterpunching were all possibly the best he's ever looked. Lebedev may be the new BHop.

Man, THIS is what boxing is all about.

And that beast Ilunga Makabu knocked Mchunu out in the 11th round back in May. Makabu has frightning power and I believe is mandatory for one of the belts - bet whoever has that belt is gutted lol.

The Russian card lost me my accumulator but I don't mind when there is so much entertainment on show. Fantastic entertainment.