Antonio Tarver refutes another failed drug test allegation

WelshDevilRob

Re: Antonio Tarver refutes another failed drug test allegation

Synthetic testosterone? Hmmmm. Lets see. As in the type manufactured in a lab, so whats the defence Mr T? Bearing in mind it has to be injected IM? So its not been slipped into a protein shake, has it. Maybe slipped in the showers and fell onto a green-gauge needle arse cheek first? How on earth did he expect to get away with something so bizarrely clumsy and so 1990's too? Maybe a PBF style 750ml megadose of diuretics could have pissed it down enough not to show, eh?

The utter naivety of the man, and worse, his advisers/"nutritionists". Same gear as Peterson by the sounds of it. (Test Cyp.) And if he thinks his B-Sample will produce a diff result to the A-Sample - it IS the same sample split into two/three, taken at the same time - so dream on...........

Synthetic testosterone? Hmmmm. Lets see. As in the type manufactured in a lab, so whats the defence Mr T? Bearing in mind it has to be injected IM?

Unless your information about the specific type he's tested positive for is more than guess work/rumour, you can have synthetic testosterone in various forms so he might have had it rubbed in as a cream without realising? It may be dubious, but hypothetically possible.

It may even be some sort of failure of testing, to give him the benefit of the doubt. If his B sample fails the same way, he's going to have a hard time convincing anyone it was accidental.

so he might have had it rubbed in as a cream

Thats corticosteroids not anabolic. Doesnt affect your T/E ratio enough to cause a +ve test. Although still a lot of variants are illegal.

Thats corticosteroids not anabolic. Doesnt affect your T/E ratio enough to cause a +ve test. Although still a lot of variants are illegal.

In that case, he'll just have to use the Toney Defence: "Don't be ridiculous, I'm fantastic - I don't use drugs!" "Oh, alright then. Consider your punishment significantly reduced."

EDIT: What about variations on Balco's "Cream"? I know that was supposed to be impossible to fail a test with unless you were eating the stuff, but maybe cheap copies along the same lines?

Edited by gavpowell

If his B sample fails the same way

The B-Sample IS the A-Sample. Believe me I've done it a hundred times. You do one piss test in a large vessel. (The A-Sample). If the A-Sample fails the "on the spot" T/E ratio test its split and put into 3 test tubes. Sealed, signed by the tester and testee. Then one of these test tubes is analysed in a Carbon isotope ratio test (CIR Test). This tells you exactly whats been taken - even the generic name/names of the drugs involved. You can then (fruitlessly) appeal to have the 2nd and even 3rd sample re-analysed. Common name for it is pissing in the wind - literally.

Or in Floyd's case (as Hauser claims) get an exceptional circumstances exemption by the Nevada State and not even get the CIR test done. On 2 separate occasions.

EDIT: What about variations on Balco's "Cream"?

Well in theory its very, very remotely possible. Its even possible to have a false test or a contaminated test, but this lad's got history. It sounds too much like the Peterson case to me. A slow release IM injectible testosterone such as Cypionate or even a blend of slow release types - there's a fantastic tri-blend on the market at the moment produced by Excel-Pharma - rather than a quick release like enanthate - and drip fed slowly all year round just sufficient to keep you under the 6:1 T/E ratio. (Bearing in mind average humans are 1:1).

The B-Sample IS the A-Sample. Believe me I've done it a hundred times. You do one piss test in a large vessel. (The A-Sample).

Yes, but it at least rules out some screwup with the testing the first time round.

Can't say I remember him failing the first time around,but I probably commented on it at the time...

Yep. And whats the chances of your piss being accidentally "contaminated" with anabolic steroids if you're not taking them? Billion to one?

Bottom line is = the lad needs a "dietitian" worth his salt

http://3.imimg.com/data3/MF/KX/MY-14226747/cypionat-250-steroids-250x250.jpg

You seem very clued up on all this Seli?? Do you use such enhancements yourself or just have this knowledge through being in the health/fitness/hardcase business?

You seem very clued up on all this Seli?

I've been in and around bodybuilding gyms for 30 years+ so I may have acquired a little knowledge of these things along the way.

You seem very clued up on all this Seli?? Do you use such enhancements yourself or just have this knowledge through being in the health/fitness/hardcase business?

You see selij's avatar? Now think of the T-shirt scene from This is Spinal Tap.

"This is my exact body structure."

"Yeah but it's not green though."

"It is green"

That's not an avatar, it's a photo.

Bud did that for a joke one (drunken) night. In bodybuilding terms I'm not a HW more a LHW.

I'll be joining you, Seli!! :cool: I'm about to undertake the Insanity Workout programme thing :laugh: I'm shitting it a bit actually!

I'll be joining you, Seli!! :cool: I'm about to undertake the Insanity Workout programme thing :laugh: I'm shitting it a bit actually!

That Insanity thing lives up to its name as far as I'm concerned - I've never heard of any serious athlete recommending it, so can't imagine it's anything but gimmicky crap for ordinary folk.

Insanity Workout programme

I know a few lads who are on it (obv not bodybuilders). And from what they tell me the name is very apt! Rather you than me. Although I do believe it builds up thru a beginner and intermediate prog.

Are you doing the "home" course thru dvds? Or a gym arranged course?

not surprised in the least. this guy is an ex crack head convict when he was younger so he has probably been fighting his drug addiction for most of his life.

That doesn't make any sense at all - he failed for testosterone, not cocaine.

he failed for testosterone, not cocaine.

In this instance Likeli is correct - it IS possible to get addicted to anabolic steroids, although not quite in the same physiological way as class A's such as cocaine and heroin (and other substances).

This article covers most points acceptably. There is masses of evidence from various sources to support addiction to PEDs, mainly AAS's.

In this instance Likeli is correct - it IS possible to get addicted to anabolic steroids,

Well I never doubted that - you can get addicted to anything if you consume enough of it. I merely question the idea that just because 20 years ago he was on crack, he must therefore be addicted to steroids.