Antonio Tarver refutes another failed drug test allegation

WelshDevilRob

Re: Antonio Tarver refutes another failed drug test allegation

20 years ago he was on crack, he must therefore be addicted to steroids.

True. There's no correlation there. Although someone can have an addictive personality. (Predisposed to developing addictions thru various personality traits).

That Insanity thing lives up to its name as far as I'm concerned - I've never heard of any serious athlete recommending it, so can't imagine it's anything but gimmicky crap for ordinary folk.

I know a few lads who are on it (obv not bodybuilders). And from what they tell me the name is very apt! Rather you than me. Although I do believe it builds up thru a beginner and intermediate prog.

Are you doing the "home" course thru dvds? Or a gym arranged course?

It maybe Gimmicky Gav, but its definitely a serious workout programme and you need to be relatively fit to get going with it.

Heard many good things, the workouts are brutal, ending with me a quivering mess on the floor, drenched in sweat (there would be a pool if my floor was wooden :haha:)

If you follow the routine guide for the full 60 days and ate a good balanced diet it will get you results definitely.

I've only done 1 week at the moment, very much enjoying the torture and look forward to getting home from work and into the workout each day.

If you follow the routine guide for the full 60 days and ate a good balanced diet it will get you results definitely.

I don't doubt you'll get results, just as the Atkins diet would help you lose weight. I merely question whether it's sensible - given how many very fit young footballers, rugby stars etc. suddenly collapse and die on the pitch, I have my doubts about inflicting that much stress upon your body. A bloke on our tech support forum is a GP and he's said he's had to tell several people to stop the Insanity thing for the sake of their health.

• 5 weeks later...

Drug abuse and professional sports go hand in hand nowadays. It is all about the stress that a professional sportsman feels. And drugs can help him achieve. So it is no wonder that many resort to these things to get results. Sad but true.